TheCryptRaider

What I don't understand is why Kings Island's Facebook page even displays guest comments. All of the Six Flags parks I've encountered have their Facebook pages set up to display only official status updates from the park, and images the park is tagged in. You can write on their wall all you wish, but you can't find the guest comments; only they can see them.

http://www.facebook....America?sk=wall

Since Kings Island allegedly blocks people left and right after leaving disparaging comments, one must wonder why they don't just turn off the wall feature entirely as Six Flags has... You just cannot deny that about 70% of the comments on that site are overwhelmingly negative, and the other 30% is primarily 13 - 17 year olds propagating rumors and answering each-other's questions incorrectly.

Most of the stuff posted on facebook is ignorant anyway. Then again it could be because I'm just seeing my friends posts lol.

As for the topic. I don't visit the water park that much so I will be a bit disappointed but Kings Island pays people to do decide on what is needed. If it makes the park better then I will be happy no matter what we get.

But keep in mind that the number of guests posting on Facebook still is a minority of the overall target market of Kings Island. Yes, it is a slightly larger target market than this website, but that alone does not mean that most guests want Son of Beast to be fixed. And just because the guests want it to be fixed doesn`t mean it will be. Back when The Bat was around, I bet a lot of the guests (and the park) wished that it could successfully reopen. But alas, the best option was for the ride to be removed and replaced by a new attraction. I sense a similar fate for Son of Beast in the next few years.

Good point about possibly closing CGA in the future, GYK. There are many rides that I would take at KI from that park. Flight Deck would be the top of the list, and the best thing is that they would have to give it a better name!

I wonder if there is any real possibility that they would remove the "box" from The Crypt. I can't imagine it is very likely. They probably use it for storage during the winter. The ride would likely need to be disassembled in order to take the building down anyway.

I have to say, I'll be disappointed if this is a re-branding, especially if our waterpark were to become "Soak City" as Screamscape suggested. To me, it's a ridiculous notion, and would be the epitome of "de-themeing," as it were. Like when Top Gun becomes Flight Deck, or Drop Zone becomes Drop Tower. When the opportunity arises to give something a new, fresh, fun identity, why instead choose a generic version of its former identity?

Boomerang Bay is - without question - themed. The color palate, the names, and various decorations give it an atmosphere. From the squirting dijeridoos at the entrance to the Australian critter cutouts and themed food establishments. To, for whatever reason, purposefully remove all of those details in favor of a water-themed water-park is absolutely silly to me.

Quite the opposite, I think the Cedar Fair water parks still without the Australian theme (Kings Dominion's Water Works, Dorney Park's Wild Water Kingdom, etc) ought to adapt from us, not the other way around.

So here's hoping that they at least maintain what they have and don't toss it all away in favor of a "Soak City." It would be one thing if the brand name were recognizable like it might be in Southern California. As it is, I don't think many Kings Islanders even know what "Soak City" is, and we're only 2 hours from Cedar Point...

I live in mason and Cedar Point is more like 4 hours away! LOL Would love to make in two hours :)

I do not live in Southwest Ohio, so I was taking a stab in the dark haha.

And Pagoda, they won't remove the box from the The Crypt if they intend for it to stay open - it's not able to operate outdoors. It requires a climate controlled, dry environment. Also, if they removed it from the box it still wouldn't be a "spectacle" like Kings Dominion's since it's so far removed from the path, plus it's not a very thrilling ride so people won't be drawn to it.

Channel 19 is at the park this morning. They said KI told them it will be a tremendous ride as they zoomed in on SOB.

are they also going to be showing the announcement? and does anyone know of a way to find it elsewhere online? I could just go to the park but I dont know where they are even doing the announcement

I now see on that WLWT article that they might livestream it on their website

Edited by oysterman

I have to say, I'll be disappointed if this is a re-branding, especially if our waterpark were to become "Soak City" as Screamscape suggested.

Bring back WaterWorks! (Just kidding. I always thought that was a clever name though.)

As it is, I don't think many Kings Islanders even know what "Soak City" is, and we're only 2 hours from Cedar Point...

If only... But as jrose530 pointed out above, it's four hours between KI & CP, so I can completely see why most KI patrons would probably not know about Soak City.

And I for one hope they don`t rename Boomerang Bay. At the rate Cedar Fair is going, all of their parks will be merely identical with no local flavor or identity. WindSeeker or Dinosaurs Alive anyone? At least they have given most of their major coasts unique names. There is only one Firehawk, Diamondback, Behemoth, Leviathon, Stinger, etc.

There is only one Firehawk, Diamondback, Behemoth, Leviathon, Stinger, etc.

So far. More then one Flight Decks, and plenty of Snoopy. (I know the number of names are limited, but some rides at the same park have very similar names. [snoopy's this, Linus' that.])

For what it's worth, I was speaking with a friend of mine at work about the big announcement. He lives in Mason and he seemed very confident that the announcement would be about BB. I asked him if he had any inside info and he refused to comment beyond, "That's what I've heard." Not sure if he actually has an inside track, but he seemed supremely confident. If it's not the water park like he said, he's going to hear about it later this afternoon!

I must say I was a little surprised when I saw that another major attraction was coming. But with 2012 and the 40th-it makes sense.

I like the waterpark but I really hope it is the addition of an actual ride. Any Intamin coaster would be amazing-and it's something we're missing.

My personal fantasy is a double-terminal destination launch coaster. 2 high-arching tracks..2 launch mechanisms. One in Rivertown-one in AZ. You would launch a-la TTD-but instead of straight up, around and down-you would blast in a straight line and then float all the way to the other side of the park. The track would maximize air-time and the sensation would be getting shot out of a cannon and landing on the other side of the park. I'm sure the sheer real estate necessary-plus the need for 2 launch mechanisms would make it prohibitive-but a guy's gotta dream.

• Like 1