TheCryptRaider

Im going to go with the majority here and say its a waterpark addition. Just look at the season pass 69.99 logo on the Kings Island home page. There is a wave in the logo. I say that is a hint.

It's the same logo as last year.

Edit: Looks like I was a little slow typing lol

Name change of the water park to get in line with Cedar Fair and a wave pool.

New trees, 1000 new lounge chairs and Cabanas.

Not a big surprise here, just wish they would have put in a new slide complex. Hey more families visiting the water park means more nickles.

So I am on a computer at NKU's library because I forgot my laptop, so I have no sound. So I get that they are renaming the waterpark, but what makes it "bigger. better. wetter."? Any new attractions, activities, slides??

You can find me at the Beach Waterpark next year. I won't be getting a pass for the second year in a row. I'm beyond dissapointed.

Recap:

It's Soak City now. New name. They're going to double the size of the waterpark.

-New Wavepool

-New crazy high entertainment anti lazy river.

-New pavement. New grass. New trees.

-Amenities. Bathrooms.

-SHADE?!

-Cabanas with TVs.

-Sand Volleyball courts.

Sounds nicer, but still. Doesn't make up for the crap that it consists of aside from the new (2004!!!!!) Additions.

So I am on a computer at NKU's library because I forgot my laptop, so I have no sound. So I get that they are renaming the waterpark, but what makes it "bigger. better. wetter."? Any new attractions, activities, slides??

sounds like a revamping of the lazy river and for sure another wavepool and some cabana's hopefully there is more than that.

You can find me at the Beach Waterpark next year. I won't be getting a pass for the second year in a row. I'm beyond dissapointed.

so they are revamping the waterpark and you decide it'd be a better investment to buy a pass to the Beach so you can ONLY go to waterpark? lol at least with KI you get a regular park and a waterpark of about equal value.

• Like 1

Before this I thought KI's waterpark and the beach were on level playing ground. The one thing I love CP's waterpark was the huge waves (check). Went to Water country USA and the thing that stood out to me there was there water highway thin (check) Those have both now been added to Kings Island. While I was hoping for a roller coaster, Kings Island knocked this one out of the ball park. I think this was a good move to add life to boomerang bay.