TheCryptRaider

I just dont understand why we need 2 wavepools.

One's going to be the "family" wave pool and the other will be for thrill-seekers. Or at least those who find intense waves thrilling. They said you'd be able to ride out the waves in intertubes. That makes it sound pretty cool to me.

The promise of 1,000 chairs and more shade excites someone like me who doesn't do the waterpark...but is the designated "watcher of all of everyone's stuff" while they are having a good time! :)

(I DO have my fingers crossed that CF doesn't dissapoint me like Paramount did when THEY promised more shade though.)

I welcome the expansion. It's so annoying how a lot of people complain when they are making everything better. There will always be people that are let down, regardless. It's sad. We should appreciate any expansion. Think outside your bubble and realize that most people will enjoy this. My family definitely will enjoy this next year.

For those who have been to Cedar Point Soak City I beleive the two new attractions will be similar as to their wave pool and action river. My family was there less than two weeks ago and we spent most our time at those two attractions even though there was no lines at the slides.

I do wish they would add an adult section (Pool Bar and hot tub area) that was pretty nice too.

0_0_61f13a4ac9fa8a5aeb80d176e26c0d3b_1.jpg

Where exactly is the action river going? From the sounds of it, this action river is in addition to the existing lazy river, which will remain. But I do NOT see it depicted in that rendering. If it is in addition to the existing lazy river, than I`m all for it. But if it is just a revamping of the current wave pool, that would be disappointing.

I hope that Soak City remains free for pass holders and single day ticket holders as well! Otherwise, they could have some angry customers on their hands.

It appears as if this wave pool is going in the parking lot, which means that the park is going to have to rework the employee entrance. WIll they keep the entrance lined up off of Columbia Road? Or move it to KI Drive? I can see some major tie ups if they try to move it to KI drive and don`t do it right.

The new entrance from the parking lot looks a lot nicer than the current entrance, which still looks like a makeshift entrance. We`ll see if they actually add the landscaped area and trees into the parking lot.

I agree that Kings Island`s water park could use some new water slides to boost capacity. Hopefully, they will do that in the coming years, especially on the wave pool side of things, where slides are a bit sparse. The cabanas are a big way for the park to make money, and those will be located around the wave pool.

Overall, nothing too impressive, but nice to see a $10 million investment nonetheless. I likely won`t go to the water park. Heck, I`ve only been once to Boomerang Bay since 2004, and that was the first weekend Boomerang Bay opened in 2004! I still have yet to ride the new Twister slide at Sunlite Pool which opened in 2009 at Coney Island!

My fear is that this is only part of the story--lately it seems that some new "Attractions" have that upcharge along with them. Clearly these cabanas they are raving about won't be free...

I really didn't expect anything more than a wave pool, so, I'm glad it will be more, but in reality, I do not see much if any benefit to a new wave pool and extra space in the waterpark--espescially at a cost of 10 million dollars. I would rather not have been promised anything and save that money for next year.

Heck, for just a little more money, they could have put in something like El Toro....I'd have rather waited for that.

Unfortunately, the only thing that even mildly excites me about this is the prospect of replacing those horrible blue no-slip mats, and that will only benefit me for maybe 1 visit each year.

Yeah, I see that now. I also see that admission into Soak City will be included with 2012 Gold Season passes. It also looks like they will be able to sell tickets at the new entrance building, which is something that the current set up at Boomerang Bay did NOT allow for. Only pass holders or those with pre-purchased tickets could enter the Boomerang Bay gate. I just hope that one of these days they don`t make Soak City a separate gated water park.

And hopefully, they will add a water slide or two in the coming years. All in all, still a sound investment in the park, in my opinion.

My fear is that this is only part of the story--lately it seems that some new "Attractions" have that upcharge along with them. Clearly these cabanas they are raving about won't be free...

I really didn't expect anything more than a wave pool, so, I'm glad it will be more, but in reality, I do not see much if any benefit to a new wave pool and extra space in the waterpark--espescially at a cost of 10 million dollars. I would rather not have been promised anything and save that money for next year.

Heck, for just a little more money, they could have put in something like El Toro....I'd have rather waited for that.

Unfortunately, the only thing that even mildly excites me about this is the prospect of replacing those horrible blue no-slip mats, and that will only benefit me for maybe 1 visit each year.

Lets think about this. Take away WindSeeker and this addition = 16.5 million. I would say we could get a pretty significant roller coaster for that amount.

Yeah, I see that now. I also see that admission into Soak City will be included with 2012 Gold Season passes. It also looks like they will be able to sell tickets at the new entrance building, which is something that the current set up at Boomerang Bay did NOT allow for. Only pass holders or those with pre-purchased tickets could enter the Boomerang Bay gate. I just hope that one of these days they don`t make Soak City a separate gated water park.

And hopefully, they will add a water slide or two in the coming years. All in all, still a sound investment in the park, in my opinion.

No doubt. They will make that 10 million dollars back in no time. They will expand their capacity and add things for people to spend money on. This is a very sound idea.