TheCryptRaider

It will be interesting to see how far in the future that is. If I was a park and I looked at SOb and all its problems and its success, I would not consider a looping roller coaster unless there was a new better way to pull it off.

• Like 1

The company that designed Renegade would not, until very recently, even sell its trains for coasters it didn't design, largely due to liability concerns. I would be shocked to see that company design a wooden coaster with a loop. Not saying it would never happen, but it is very, very, very unlikely.

• 1 month later...

There are quite a few people who consider the loop the only redeeming feature of Son of Beast, and consider the loops removal as the point when Son of Beast went downhill. I don't necessarily agree, but I think hindsight bias has made that the opinion of a very large amount of the general public.

And if we've got looping water slides, I truly do think we'll be seeing a looping wooden coaster again in the future, though it's hard to say if it would be in the United States. And in my opinion, if anyone would do it, it would be Intamin. They have proven to be able to tackle the scale of large coasters (El Toro, T Express, etc.) and I believe if any wooden coaster were to deserve the recognition of having a loop, it would be an Intamin. Granted, it wouldn't necessarily have the "ferocity" of Son of Beast, what with the pre-fabricated track, but would be doubtlessly rank up there with the great wooden coasters.

And as has been said, I doubt there'd be a reach for a "conqueror" coaster to break all records like Son of Beast. A mid-height pre-fab coaster with a loop would likely be really well-received if done correctly. And if Cedar Fair wants to be in Intamin to place such a ride on the rubble of Son of Beast, I greatly encourage it.

A tribute to the passing of Nibiru, or something to impress on the Mayan Calendar and the Winter Solstice of 2012.

Just to clear things up, the Mayans played Basketball whit a sement ball, and the loser were killed. I am sure they know what they are talking about

Actually, to clear up your statement, this game was the earliest invention of soccer. Players used their hips to knock the ball through the hoop. And it wasn't the loser that was sacrificed, it was the captain of the winning team.

Source- History Channel special on Mayan civilization aired I believe about 2 months ago.

As for 2012, I predict that the park will inform us of the changes in 2011, and will most likely be large, being the parks' 40th. If the park is still around, that is.

Oh, the park will almost certainly still be around. As to just who will be making the announcements for the 40th anniversary, that's a whole nother question, from many different perspectives. Who will it be? Who will they work for? What money will be available for investments in the park that year? How will it be used?

So much to look forward to...

Do know that in the grand scheme of things, the plan for that year should already be nearly locked in relative stone...

A tribute to the passing of Nibiru, or something to impress on the Mayan Calendar and the Winter Solstice of 2012.

Just to clear things up, the Mayans played Basketball whit a sement ball, and the loser were killed. I am sure they know what they are talking about

Actually, to clear up your statement, this game was the earliest invention of soccer. Players used their hips to knock the ball through the hoop. And it wasn't the loser that was sacrificed, it was the captain of the winning team.

Source- History Channel special on Mayan civilization aired I believe about 2 months ago.

As for 2012, I predict that the park will inform us of the changes in 2011, and will most likely be large, being the parks' 40th. If the park is still around, that is.

O well that is still wierd.

Oh, the park will almost certainly still be around. As to just who will be making the announcements for the 40th anniversary, that's a whole nother question, from many different perspectives. Who will it be? Who will they work for? What money will be available for investments in the park that year? How will it be used?

So much to look forward to...

Do know that in the grand scheme of things, the plan for that year should already be nearly locked in relative stone...

Unless they try to cancel something and succeed.

I hope there is something truly wonderful either opening in 2012 for the anniversary, or will be announced in 2012 for the anniversary and opening in 2013. :)

• 3 weeks later...