TheCryptRaider

As for the Mayan soccer thing, it was considered a honor to be sacrificed to the gods. Mayan priestesses, those who were raised to specifically be sacrificed later in life, were held in the top regard. Their lives were made as close to perfect as possible, because they wanted "perfect sacrifices."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok here’s what I say because kings dominion just got a intamin ag there are probity more to come. So I say that the park will buy a inverted Impulse coaster like Wicked Twister at Cedar Point for $9 million it will be the expansion on to X Base that so many people want. And for 2012 another intamin ag one like Fahrenheit at Hersheypark. It will probity cost 12-14 million depending on how big it would be. To me that would be the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to see a maverick type ride at KI, would go good where SOB is, or X-base.

I also think by 2012 we will no longer have action theater, and the kids area will be themed to something else.

Here are my (hopeful and biased) predictions:

Resurrection/Demolition of SOB

New sit-down table service restaurant (please!)

Maybe a new flat of some sort

New coaster for 40th anniversary. Either something that loops that's not made by Vekoma or a new woodie depending on SOB's status.

The Crypt is removed due to lameness.

Boomerang Bay upgrade.

DBFan, I think that the kids area will be Snoopy for a while, barring any major shakeups in ownership of Kings Island.

I would be happy with a sit down restaurant at KI and a new flat ride. Particularly if Kings Island some how was able to bring back the Flying Eagles ride!

• Like 1

I would like one year. A single year. For them to use the budget to work on improving landscaping and theme. I feel like the effort was there this year with the PS theming and starlight addition, but a years worth of budget could go a long way in the park.

• Like 1

I'd like to either see SOB removed or fixed. If it gets removed, I think we could possibly see something new in the area for 2012 or 2013. I could see a new GCI woodie, since Cedar Fair seems to be really fond of those lately. I could also see a new B&M floorless or B&M inverted, but that's not quite as likely. I wouldn't mind seeing more B&M in the park though, especially in Action Zone.

As you can see, what happens within the next few years is GREATLY affected by what happens to SOB. If SOB is fixed, then I could see an expansion of X Base. If it is removed, then I could see them doing something with SOB's area.

• Like 1

I'd like to either see SOB removed or fixed. If it gets removed, I think we could possibly see something new in the area for 2012 or 2013. I could see a new GCI woodie, since Cedar Fair seems to be really fond of those lately. I could also see a new B&M floorless or B&M inverted, but that's not quite as likely. I wouldn't mind seeing more B&M in the park though, especially in Action Zone.

As you can see, what happens within the next few years is GREATLY affected by what happens to SOB. If SOB is fixed, then I could see an expansion of X Base. If it is removed, then I could see them doing something with SOB's area.

If they take down SOB, I'd love to see X-Base connected to Action Zone....

it would be really awesome if they went ahead and connected x-base to Action Zone and have the path cross under Son of Beast's structure, they could make a great photo op. if they built a path that gave an amazing view of Son of Beast's second helix, then you would enter x-base by crossing under two of the parks world class wooden roller coasters. :)

I`d say that while the fate of SoB does play a role in what new attractions KI gets in the future, I`d say that the bigger determining factor is who owns the park in the coming years. Will Cedar Fair be able to refinance its debt and continue to own and operate Kings Island? Or will some other company take over? A lot depends on what Q`s interest is in Cedar Fair.

• Like 1

RUMOR! Not saying it's going to happen, but I have heard this!

TOP GUN's last year will be 2011. And it will only be open for half of the season. During Haunt, it will be taken down. Kings Island will get it's second B&M, this one will be an invert. It will be the biggest B&M Invert, standing around 190' tall. It will have 7 inversions (loop, immelman, zero-g, cobra, two corkscrews). Thats all I've heard. Don't believe me though, it's JUST a rumor I've heard.

• Like 1

^Nope. I honestly did hear this. I'm NOT saying it's true or that I believe it, but I did hear this. And it wasn't from the Dippin Dots Guy, the Lemon Chill girl, or the general public. It was from another enthusiast who did tell me about Diamondback in the 2007/2008 off season.

• Like 1

Well, unless you cite your sources, you won`t have much credibility. Not to mention that the timing would be off. Look at Carowinds` Intimidator ride. The log flumr at Carowinds did NOT open in 2009, so that site work could begin half way through the season. And their log flume was obviously not as big of a ride as Flight Deck. Not to mention the terrain back in that area of the park is not the easiest to work in because it is situated in a small valley.

Now, that being said, I would LOVE to see another B&M coaster grace Kings Island, particularly an inverted coaster. But why remove a good ride like Flight Deck? Yes, the hike back to the station is long, but it is still a fun ride, and a good family ride. I`d rather see a B&M invert installed near where the old 360 cinema was. Have the station on the north side of The Racer, and go off back into the woods behind the maintenance buildings and towards Firehawk.

• Like 1

^Nope. I honestly did hear this. I'm NOT saying it's true or that I believe it, but I did hear this. And it wasn't from the Dippin Dots Guy, the Lemon Chill girl, or the general public. It was from another enthusiast who did tell me about Diamondback in the 2007/2008 off season.

Your cute ;)just kidding!!

But I believe you. :lol:

• Like 1

Well, unless you cite your sources, you won`t have much credibility. Not to mention that the timing would be off. Look at Carowinds` Intimidator ride. The log flumr at Carowinds did NOT open in 2009, so that site work could begin half way through the season. And their log flume was obviously not as big of a ride as Flight Deck. Not to mention the terrain back in that area of the park is not the easiest to work in because it is situated in a small valley.

Now, that being said, I would LOVE to see another B&M coaster grace Kings Island, particularly an inverted coaster. But why remove a good ride like Flight Deck? Yes, the hike back to the station is long, but it is still a fun ride, and a good family ride. I`d rather see a B&M invert installed near where the old 360 cinema was. Have the station on the north side of The Racer, and go off back into the woods behind the maintenance buildings and towards Firehawk.

I'm not going to say who it is because he is on this site. You do know him though. That is what I was thinking too though, it makes more sense (if this is actually true) to have 2010 be it's last season. The reason I've heard it's being removed is of course for the invert, and also because high maintenance costs, and low ridership. Cedar Fair wants to keep Vortex at Canada's Wonderland open because it's one of the most popular coasters at the park, and Iron Dragon so CP can keep their coaster count. So if they removed the least popular and undeeded one, they could use it's trains and other pieces for spare parts.

Your cute ;)just kidding!!

But I believe you. :lol:

Haha thanks.