Planning trip for April 18th

coaster queen

hi, i am planning a trip for opening day. that is my daughters birthday and thought it would be fun to spend the day at KI. Do you think there will be so many people there that lines for rides will be hours long? i know the diamond bck will probably be and we are hoping to ride it at least once. we live 4.5 hours away and would hate to drive that far and only be able to ride a few rides. i was considering getting gold passes but noticed that there will be no ERT on that day <_< i wish they were open on the 19th so we could make it a 2 day stay but oh well. what time do you suggest we arrive? what time does the parking lot open?

jan

Weather is the unknown factor, but I strongly suspect that Kings Island will be incredibly busy opening day. Yes, Diamondback will have a very long line. The other rides? I certainly don't know, and I doubt anyone else does either.

Remember a gold pass gets you the ERT perk every day of the season except opening day. And there are the other gold pass perks. And parking, if bought now. If you are thinking of getting them, you probably will wish you had.

^^Yeah, I gotta be honest...dare I start tellin' people to just make their trip the 2nd weekend if they're traveling "from far and wide" (as Mr. Willie likes to say! ;) )

Because you get 3 days the second weekend, but only 1 day the first?? Doesn't make any sense to me...

I think he meant next Sunday as in the Sunday of the next weekend. I have the same plan - if the park is too packed, I'll enjoy Diamondback on opening day and maybe a couple other rides. If the lines are ridiculous, I'll come back the next weekend. I'm already planning to anyway, but going on more than just the following Sunday will be more likely if opening day is too busy for me.

Its April in Ohio. It could be 75 and sunny, or 35 with a mix of rain and snow..... Or go from one to the other in less than 24 hours!!! I expect short waits on rides other than DB early in the day. Beast, BLSC, Vortex, Racer, AE, FD and SOB should be fairly short waits right at the beginning. At least I hope so!

I am not sure what tiem the parking gates open. I think on a normal day it would be 30 minutes before the park opens or before ERT. Since this is opening day I can see them opening them early due to traffic being backed up. Im taking my my friend up there for early pass processing since he forgot to get his pass for 2009 last year so we won't have to wait in line. My thinking is lots of people will be waiting in the season pass line and not the Diamondback line early in the morning.