What's the best ride at KI or any other park that you've been on at night?

Tom76257

For me, it's The Beast. You can't see the tunnels and it's a great ride on top of that. This is followed closely by Firehawk. Maybe it's because I wasn't in the front car, but I really couldn't see the track ahead of me. Tell me what you guys think!

The Beast, definitely. The tunnels in pitch black are just awesome. Though they need to get rid of that REALLY BRIGHT LIGHT that's halfway through the ride and kills the mood.

I really enjoy Millennium Force at night also. I found Raptor to be most enjoyable right at sunset. When they have the strobes under the cobra roll turned on but you can still see what's going on.

The best night ride for me is definitely The Beast. Going through the woods and tunnels, traveling in the dark, hearing the screeching of the wheels going through the turns, it's the best. A night ride on The Beast is even better if it is a little cool outside (in the 60s) so your arms get really chilly.

Aw, now I want to ride The Beast :rolleyes: . Oh well :(

The best night ride for me is definitely The Beast. Going through the woods and tunnels, traveling in the dark, hearing the screeching of the wheels going through the turns, it's the best. A night ride on The Beast is even better if it is a little cool outside (in the 60s) so your arms get really chilly.

Aw, now I want to ride The Beast :rolleyes: . Oh well :(

The Beast makes the best noises. I watch POVs with the volume cranked. Between the noise it makes as the train catches the lift chain, and clacking of it going over the track in some areas, and the screeching wheels....

Sigh. April 18th can't come soon enough.

Touchdown's List O Coasters that seriously rock at night and considers them must rides at night when he visits their park:

-The Beast @ KI (I imagine that Diamondback will be joining this list soon)

-Big Bad Wolf @ BGE

-Lockness Monster @ BGE

-Big Thunder Mountain Railroad @ WDW

-Magnum XL 200 @ CP

-Millennium Force @ CP

-Yankee Cannonball @ Canobie Lake Park

-Lightning Racer @ Hersheypark

-Wildcat @ Hersheypark

The Beast is the most amazing of them all from what I have experienced. For some reason Kingda Ka come to mind. The picture for the launch is really fun to watch at night because it is like a strobe light and the way it catches the train is pretty cool. I also love Son of Beast on a nice cool night during the Haunt real late when the park is empty. Fun to see the whole park filled with fog.

Does anybody else think The Racer is pretty cool at night? In my opinion the ride looks better and a little more ominous when it's dark out.

Yes...and I had the best ride on it ever at Halloween Haunt this past season. There was one night (if not others) that there was very little wind, and the air was heavy. The weird lights from Urgent Scare at the turnaround added to the effect of the highlight - the bottoms of every hill were covered in fog. It was very creepy to see the track fade away into nothing, and then to not see at the bottoms of the hills because of the fog - wonderful.

Vortex is great too because of the lights on the lift, and also because of the wonderful view you get of the park. Son of Beast is much better at night than it is in the day if you ask me. But...for me you just can't beat the night rides on The Beast.

I think night rides during Haunt/Halloweekends are completely awesome. I'll agree with the person who said the fog made MF better than normal, especially out on Millennium Island. I also thought it was cool seeing the pirate ship from the ride.

I did a marathon on Racer in the last hour of operations on a Saturday night during Haunt. Those were definitely some of the coolest rides I've taken on that ride.

I think night rides during Haunt/Halloweekends are completely awesome. I'll agree with the person who said the fog made MF better than normal, especially out on Millennium Island. I also thought it was cool seeing the pirate ship from the ride.

I did a marathon on Racer in the last hour of operations on a Saturday night during Haunt. Those were definitely some of the coolest rides I've taken on that ride.

One of the first times I rode MF was at night during Halloweekends. We were going down the first drop, and dropped right into the fog. The tops of the hills and overbanked turns rose above the fog, so you kept diving in and out from above it. The coaster looked wicked awesome like that, and you couldn't see where you were going for half of the ride.. it was unreal.