Coney Island 2009 Hours

CoastersRZ

Coney Island`s 2009 operating schedule has been released.

Sunlite Pool is open daily from May 23rd through September 7th. Hours for the pool are 11am to 8pm except August 31st through September 4th when the hours are 11-6.

Coney`s classic rides hours of operation have some changes in 2009. The rides are open May 23-25th from 11am to 8pm. Daily operation begins on May 30th and concludes on August 30th. Daily hours for the rides are 11am to 8pm. On Saturdays beginning June 13th, the rides remain open until 10pm. Additionally, on Sundays beginning June 14th, the rides stay open until 9pm. The final weekend of operation for the rides is Labor day weekend (September 5-7) with the hours of 11-8 on Saturday and Sunday and 11-7 on Monday. In the past, the rides have not typically been open until 10pm on Saturdays.

See the official calendar here: http://www.coneyislandpark.com/plan_hours.php

Why thank you Interpreter! Yes, I have operated the Ferris Wheel at Coney now for six seasons (I never operated it my first year at Coney). The last four years I have worked weekends only. You likely won`t see me at Sunlite much, as I am normally over on the dry side running rides. You may see my brother over there though, as he is a manager over there.

Coney is a nice little park, with relatively cheap prices ($11.95 for rides all day, $11.95 for Sunlite Pool and $21.95 for a combo ticket). If you have never been there, it is a nice park, with many classic rides that can no longer be found in most major amusement parks (like pedal boats, bumper boats, canoes, a trabant, Super Round Up and Giant Slide).