Unofficial KIC Road Trip

So are you going to visit all of those parks? :mellow:

No. Originally I had posted with different park options for the roadtrip. Then the topic started veering towards a debate on the parks. That's when an executive decision was made to go to HW.

^^Again, I contend this weekend should be for yard work, sleeping in, laundry, and Mother's Day gift buying sandwiched in between 3 other KI weekends of 4/18, 4/25-26, and 5/9-10...but maybe I'm just not as die-hard as I thought!?

(also remember CP's opening weekend of 5/16-17)

Tiggy, Tiggy, Tiggy...what are we going to do with you? That's what weekdays are for! Do the yard work in the evening after work (or on 4/19...I'm spreading mulch and fertilizing the lawn that day), go to bed early rather that sleeping in, and make a quick trip to the store or shop online for the Mother's Day gift! :lol:

As far as CP goes, here's my take on that, unfortunately...

Unfortunately, CP won’t be open yet (which is probably a good thing, given the number of Intamins they have and my inability to enjoy them now… the day would be torture for me if I went there not being able to ride Maverick, Millie, TTD and WT!)

Anybody willing to give someone a ride on the 2nd!!! :D

I would, but I think there are laws against transporting minors across state lines. Sorry! ;)

I'm willing to risk it on May 1st. If the lines are too long, I'll just leave, but I wouldn't mind spending at least a little time with friends. :) So put me down for both days.

Sounds good! Math & Science Days are a little different than most days. You'll have the school groups there during the day, and a lot of them will start clearing out around 3:00 - 5:00 to get back home. What the non-school group crowd will be like, who knows? And here's hoping that more school groups have booked May 8th and 15th rather than May 1st!

KI on Friday, May 1st

Me

violakat

Giga (maybe)

HW on Saturday, May 2nd

Me

violakat

specialk141 (maybe)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP...

Just a little over a week to go until the Unofficial KIC Road Trip to Holiday World on May 2nd. I have to admit, the response is less than what I had hoped for, but I'm happy with who's expressed interest so far.

It's not too late... plans have not been finalized yet, but will be soon (like this time next week). My plan is to drive there that morning and come back that night. HW is open 9:30 to 5:30 central (that's 10:30 to 6:30 "Ohio time"), so we shouldn't be getting back to late. As always, just let me know if you're interested.

So far, we've got...

KI on Friday, May 1st

Me

violakat

Giga (maybe)

rotag1299 (maybe)

HW on Saturday, May 2nd

Me

violakat

specialk141 (maybe)

Anybody willing to give someone a ride on the 2nd!!! :D

I hate driving alone places :P and i'll already be in cincy area friday to go see Avenue Q!! :D yay! sorry i'm done now :P but if i can swing the finances i'd love to do this.

I really need to get out of ohio and actually go to other amusement parks... other than the ohio big was 3 and Disney area.... :P

I won't be able to go to any of the other parks, but I'd be happy to join you at KI on May 1st. I don't ride Drop Tower all that much anyway, I love it but it scares the bejesus out of me. Good ride to help you wake up in the morning though :P

Typo count while typing this message: 5. I need a nap.

StalkerChick, it would be fun to have you along! Just don't spend too much money before/after Avenue Q! ;) (I know, easier said than done). Just $32.95 to get in, "free" drinks while there, and the food is cheaper and better quality than KI... that's about all I can think of expense-wise. What else do I have to say to tempt you more? :lol:

Unrealsk8er, where do you work? I'll be right there... I can be intimidating... er, I mean convincing, when I need to be! :lol: Some people have gotten in trouble at my work for calling in sick on a day that they've already requested off, so I can't condone such an action (but I definitely wouldn't comdemn it either if you just happened to find yourself in Santa Claus, Indiana next Saturday!).

Sweet, another person for Friday! Thanks Justin!

Wow, it is less than a week away! The forecast for Friday isn't looking the greatest so far (high of 74, 50% chance of rain), but you know what that means... hopefully smaller crowds for us! But it's still a little too early yet to fully believe the forecast. It was beautiful weather yesterday and there was hardly anyone at the park. Saturday is looking like high 60's, 20% chance of rain for Santa Claus. Sounds good to me!

Indyguy, so far it doesn't look like anyone's coming from Indy on Friday...

StalkerChick, sorry to hear you can't make it!

If you all are stooping by SFKK I will go...But I dont think anyone would want too lol.
rcfreak, I think I would be stooping to a new low to want to visit SFKK again. (Gator, who just HAD to...)

rotag, I can certainly understand, I hate when that happens!

Beatle, hopefully we'll see you there! From what I understand about your boys, I want my daughter to be like them when it comes to the park (and I think I'm doing a pretty good job so far... just look at the last paragraph in my latest update. :lol:)

Beast Man and Kawana, great to have you along, and you too angrybeaver if you can make it!

Thanks for all the responses, our list keeps growing! I'll have things finalized in the next day or two. I'll post here and most likely PM too.

KI on Friday, May 1st

Me

violakat

Justin_M17

Beast Man

Kawana

giga (maybe...I don't know, her signature lists her next time at the park as 5/9, but she has been known to just show up at the park unannounced! :lol:)

Indyguy4KI (maybe... anybody coming from the Indy area???)

angrybeaver (maybe)

Holiday World on Saturday, May 2nd

Me

violakat

Beast Man

specialk141 (maybe)

^I think I figured out why I'm able to do this and you're not. So far this season, you've probably been riding things like DB, Beast, FOF, etc. Well, with the exception of my first couple of hours on opening day, I've been marking time on rides like Viking Fury, FOC, and Phantom Flyers... rides that are much easier on the body. But then you have someone like violakat, who just totally disproves that theory... :lol:

And looking at the RWW schedule, when am I going to get some sleep in? I'm glad I live so close...

^^Actually, my ride count this season is Firehawk-1, SOB-2, Delirium-2, Invertigo-2, VF-1, Vortex-1, Beast-1, and Diamondback-32

I think my biggest problem is not enough breaks (usually I take KI at a MUCH slower pace than this season!)

I previously didn't consider D-back to be rough on my body, but maybe that assumption is wrong?!

KI on Friday, May 1st

giga (maybe...I don't know, her signature lists her next time at the park as 5/9, but she has been known to just show up at the park unannounced! :lol: )

I'm not going Friday. I may go Saturday or Sunday depending on my work schedule.

I avoid the park like the plague on math and science days. I don't have a lot of patience in the first place.. I'd rather not go to the park when it's jam packed with busloads of bratty line jumpers.

I previously didn't consider D-back to be rough on my body, but maybe that assumption is wrong?!
:blink: You're right... I wasn't thinking clearly when I said I'd been on rides that are easier in the body. DB shouldn't have been included with Beast and FOF in that statement. But then, I think I need more proof... I'm 31 DB rides behind you. I'll gather more data on how DB effects the body on Friday!

Hey Gator, sadly I won't be able to make it on Friday. I went this past Saturday and got horribly sunburnt on my neck and head, so i'm taking this weekend to heal rather than going out and getting burnt again. I hope everyone that goes has a blast though.

Hey Gator, sadly I won't be able to make it on Friday. I went this past Saturday and got horribly sunburnt on my neck and head, so i'm taking this weekend to heal rather than going out and getting burnt again. I hope everyone that goes has a blast though.

Deleted the picture for size purposes. But my head got burnt through my hair and I would REALLY like to avoid the pain i'm sure to experience by re-shaving a sunburnt head so I can put lotion/aloe on it.

KI on Friday, May 1st

giga (maybe...I don't know, her signature lists her next time at the park as 5/9, but she has been known to just show up at the park unannounced! :lol: )

I'm not going Friday. I may go Saturday or Sunday depending on my work schedule.

I avoid the park like the plague on math and science days. I don't have a lot of patience in the first place.. I'd rather not go to the park when it's jam packed with busloads of bratty line jumpers.

Actually, if its worth the drive for you, getting to Math & Science Days around 5 or 6 in the evening usually results in a very pleasant evening, especially after a long week at work!