Unofficial KIC Road Trip

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been good and lost 25 lbs in the last twelve weeks, I can have a treat every now and then and that sundae is worth it!

Isn't losing 2 pounds a week unhealthy? I think that is what I learned in health class. I think you're only supposed to lose 1 - 1.5 pounds per week.

But anyways, awesome job :) :) !!!

OK, here are the Official Plans for The Unofficial KIC Road Trip and KI Meet:

KI on Friday, May 1st: Gator, Violakat, Beast Man, Kawana, Kittenpooh (and possibly Indyguy4KI)

After discussing it with kat, we figured it would be best to meet somewhere away from the front gate because that area can get a little busy (unless we see each other outside the metal detectors anyway). DB ERT starts at 9:30, and I liked kat's suggestion of meeting on the porch of the Diamondback Gift Shop. So let's meet there at 9:30. There probably won't be too many people standing on that porch so we should be easy to spot. If you don't know any of the other people going, just look for me. In honor of it being Math & Science Day, I'll be wearing my Anti-Line Jumping shirt. So just look for this on the front:

14588911v1_350x350_Front_Color-AshGrey.j

and this on the back:

14588911v1_350x350_Back_Color-AshGrey.jp

If you're on the list above and you don't already have my cell #, I'll be PM'ing it to you to use if you're not able to meet up until later, that way we can let you know where in the park we are when you get there.

Holiday World on Saturday, May 2nd: Gator, Violakat, Beast Man, clbehymer (and possibly specialk141)

Anyone in the northern Cincinnati area or north of there, please meet in the TriCounty Mall parking lot, closest to Krazy City. That part of the mall has a big sign for BJ's restaurant on it, and it's the part closest to the intersection of Kemper and 747. I've met there for road trips to CP before, it's a good location because it's so close to I-75, which we'll be going south on. Since it will be early morning, there should hardly be anyone else in the mall's parking lot. I drive a navy blue Chevy Impala, so look for that. Anyone who wants to ride with me is more than welcome... I love driving... just ask Mrs. Gator, who hasn't driven on one of our vacations or road trips since about 1997. :lol: And since it takes 3 hours to get to HW, I'd like to leave TriCounty at 7:15.

Beast Man, I see in your profile that you're from Northern Kentucky. Instead of having you drive all that way north just to go south again, we could meet you somewhere along the way, like right off of an exit of 71/75. Just let me know what would be convenient for you, we should be passing through Northern Kentucky at about 7:30 - 7:45.

clbehymer and I have already worked out where we'll meet up with her since she's in Indiana already. We'll be meeting her off of an exit in Louisville.

And then we should be at HW close to opening time! Remember, the best discount they have for admission right now is to bring a Pepsi can to their front gate.

I'm really looking forward to these two days of fun, kind of a prequel to Ride Warriors Weekend! Thanks to all of those who have responded, and if you haven't yet but are interested, there's still time! Just let us know below...

I've been trying to wrack my brain to find a good spot to meet.I just though of it today.I was thinking of the Kroger in Ft Wright on Dixie Hwy.It's right by the 75 cut in the hill.Sound good?

^No, I was driving a navy blue Impala.

Thank you everyone that made these two days a lot of fun. It was great hanging out with you, and meeting a lot of you for the first time. Kawana and I were discussing on Friday how this site has recently gone from just somewhere to post, to becoming a community of sorts where new friendships are being forged. It's been a nice change in the year and a half that I've been a member here.

I'll be posting an update in my XGatorHead's KI Adventures topic for Friday, and a Holiday World TR for Saturday (which probably won't be as good as kat's since she had a camera and I didn't!).