Old or new names?

TheCryptRaider

I'm with Kat. I just call it the waterpark (esp since I really don't go there all that much in a season). Likewise. I couldn't tell you the old/new names for rides there, except when I'm standing in line and have to endure Paul Hogan's voice telling me 50x an hour if I'm ready for "Blank!" :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to remember and call rides by their new names, but I sometimes slip with Invertigo and Flight Deck. I call The Crypt like it should be, but I almost always call Drop Tower Drop Zone. I'm trying to break my habit.

My friend and I have a hard time with it but we are hoping to call them by the new names this summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump, but I was redirected to this from another thread.

Well they HAD to change the names, CF can't use the name Drop Zone anymore it was the name of a Wesley Snipes movie.

If we can't use Drop Zone how come this amusement park in El Paso can?

http://www.westernplayland.com/

Because that amusement park in El Paso was not a Paramount Park, so the name Drop Zone (for them) was not a tie-in to the movie.

But couldn't DT have been rethemed, and change the name slightly to Drop Zone: Scream Tower?

I think that Fairly Odd Coaster will always be remembered as Beastie to me (it was my first coaster). Flight Deck is Top Gun to me most of the time. Last time I was at the park, I screamed "Let's go, Flight Deck - Jet Coaster" as the ride started to go up the lift hill. I think that it's OK if people call Drop Tower Drop Zone (the full name has both those words in it: Drop Tower: Scream ZONE). Lastly, I think Invertigo is a cool name (it'll give you vertigo and it's inverted), but I still ask my friends, "Do you wanna go 'Scream Your Face Off?'"

Perhaps because the food at every Coasters Drive In at every Cedar Fair park I have been to that has one has far excelled that which is served at the former Happy Days Diner former Tucker's now known as Juke Box Diner?

Most park guests wouldn't know that. ;) (and, the jukebox is broken anyway)

I have to say, I really like the Action Theater logo. :)

since last off season outer hanks didn't become bubba gumps again, will it this off season?

According to the food allergy information available at Guest Relations, it is called Bubba Gumps ... oh wait, the binder STILL says 2006 Food Allergy Information on the front!

I call them by whatever I feel at the time. I don't really think I stick to old or new names....just whatever comes out.

I Like These Names: The Crypt, Invertigo,

I Don't like these names: Flight Deck

Drop Tower is so close to the original name that I could care less about that name change.

Backlot Stunt Coaster is a ride that I don't really care to ride, nor do I talk much about it, so I could care less what the name is.

Flight of Fear was always Outer Limits: Flight of Fear so the name is barely different.