Son of Beast Trains

ZukoGirl

To start this discussion, I will say that I like the new trains much better than the old ones. The old trains were extremely uncomfortable and for any one over 6' extremely difficult to get in the cars in the first place. I actually had scrapes on my knees after riding once from pulling the lap bar down. I still loved the ride, so I was willing to deal with the confined cars, but now they are much better. The old cars did allow for the loop, but I'm willing to sacrifice one element of the ride to make the ride much more enjoyable.

Guest rcfreak339

Am I the only one who likes the old trains? SoB was so much smoother before the new trains and so much more fun. Back then I could ride SoB up to 5 times in a row, now Im half way threw the ride and Im yelling get me the heck off. It feels like my chest is being crushed...ouch!

I want to ride Sob this year and compare for myself which trains I like better. The old lapbars didn't bother me to much. But I've never really riden any wooden coaster (expect the Fop coaster if I can count that) w/o the headrest

Am I the only one who likes the old trains? SoB was so much smoother before the new trains and so much more fun. Back then I could ride SoB up to 5 times in a row, now Im half way threw the ride and Im yelling get me the heck off. It feels like my chest is being crushed...ouch!

I'm with you. I liked the old trains a lot better. Plus the new trains don't even match the ride!

The new trains are friendlier to large sizes. The biggest thing I didn't like about the old trains was they were very confining. I also like the lack of headrests on the new trains.

That being said, I prefer the old trains cause they could traverse the loop.

There is nothing physically preventing the new trains from traversing the loop...but manufacturer's recommendations must be followed in Ohio. One must find a manufacturer willing to accept the possible consequences of allowing their coaster trains to loop on a wooden coaster. And that consent must continue. Most manufacturers were not and are not willing to take that risk, not even back in 2000 when Son of Beast debuted.

^ "an outlier is an observation that is numerically distant from the rest of the data"(Google Dictionary, 2009).

Well Son of Beast is the best wooden coaster in the park, in my opinion, so that makes him no longer the outlier.

Agreed! That thing is amazing. Every aspect, including the roughness, makes it amazing.