What is an absolute must-ride @ nite :)

ZukoGirl

Okay I don't know if this has been asked before but I'll give it a shot. What are your favorite things to ride at night rather it be here or in another park.

Well I've never really been to any other parks outside the city so I'll say Delirium is a must for me. Mainly because I never really benn to the park at night except when I was a baby and more recently a few years ago. I really want to try Firehawk and The Beast at night. Maybe even Drop Zone, Scratch that Drop Tower. :rolleyes:

Cedar Point: Millennium Force and Magnum blew me away at night, even more so than they did during the day. Raptor was pretty cool to ride at night too.

Kings Island: Beast, no explanation needed. And Drop Tower because you're too busy looking out into the distance at all the lights to count down to the drop, so it scares you more lol.

The best night ride for me is definitely The Beast. Going through the woods and tunnels, traveling in the dark, hearing the screeching of the wheels going through the turns, it's the best. A night ride on The Beast is even better if it is a little cool outside (in the 60s) so your arms get really chilly.

Aw, now I want to ride The Beast :rolleyes: . Oh well :(

I said it on the poll but Ill say it again here, there are very few rides that I consider "must rides" at night, and make it a point to always do them (no matter the line) at night they are:

KI: The Beast (and Im just going to go out on a limb and say Diamondback will be too)

CP: MF and Magnum

BGE: Big Bad Wolf (seriously, the ride may be decent during the day but it becomes amazing at night) and Lockness Monster

Hersheypark: Lightning Racer, Wildcat (yay chasing lights!)

WDW: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (breathtaking at night, full of color really amazing) and Ill even add Splash Mountain here too

Canobie Lake Park: Yankee Cannonball

I believe the top three night rides are:

1) Beast

2) Son of Beast (a very close second-- as said before the rose bowl at night is unreal-- possibly the best element in the park)

3) Firehawk

During 'Haunt, Drop Zone is also a must because you get an extended view of all the fog. It's awesome.

**List subject to change after April 18, 2009**

Wait, wait, wait. Do you ride those every night that you are at Kings Island after it gets dark? If so, how do you have time? :blink:

No, that's a list of basically the best things to ride at night to the least.. (1-7) 1 being the best to 7 being ok but fun..

You should try all of those at night. Its amazing.

This probably sounds terrible, but, I have never had a night ride on Beast and I've been going to KI since 2003! I've ridden at dusk but not night. When I went to CP, I rode three coasters at the dark of night (I mean with no sunlight whatsoever). MF, TTD, and Maverick. MF was definitely the best and most exhilarating ride ever. TTD was next best because we almost had a roll back and going down the top hat in the dark was awesome. Maverick was pretty cool because you could look out into the dark area that was the lake. But it is last on my list because it doesn't really feel like a night ride due to all of the lights during the ride.

This probably sounds terrible, but, I have never had a night ride on Beast and I've been going to KI since 2003! I've ridden at dusk but not night. When I went to CP, I rode three coasters at the dark of night (I mean with no sunlight whatsoever). MF, TTD, and Maverick. MF was definitely the best and most exhilarating ride ever. TTD was next best because we almost had a roll back and going down the top hat in the dark was awesome. Maverick was pretty cool because you could look out into the dark area that was the lake. But it is last on my list because it doesn't really feel like a night ride due to all of the lights during the ride.

Well, my first Beast night ride was on the last day of Halloween Haunt on the last train of the night :D