Diamondback Commercial

Tom76257

I'm anticipating a commercial for Diamondback some time between now and just before KI Opening Day and I'm also wondering exactly what it's going to be like. I like what CW did with Behemoth and also what CP did with Maverick (a prospector and a cavalry officer), but I'd also like to see something original. I hope that it's good and I know it'll promote Diamondback well - it'll probably have something in it about being the park's tallest, fastest, and meanest coaster. What are your thoughts and ideas both now and when the commercial airs on TV?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm anticipating a commercial for Diamondback some time between now and just before KI Opening Day and I'm also wondering exactly what it's going to be like. I like what CW did with Behemoth and also what CP did with Maverick (a prospector and a cavalry officer), but I'd also like to see something original. I hope that it's good and I know it'll promote Diamondback well - it'll probably have something in it about being the park's tallest, fastest, and meanest coaster. What are your thoughts and ideas both now and when the commercial airs on TV?

I think that commercials will start airing on TV by at least the Monday (I think it is the 13th) before KI opens.

living in central indiana i can remeber when twisted sisters first opend up for the sfkk park in louisville ky and they had digitally done the two lead singers for twisted sister standing up in the separate cars playing guitars as the passed one another since it is like a duelling coaster

And Kings Island's Diamondback cost 22 million american Dollars. Behemoth cost 26 million Canadian dollars. One thing that the Behemoth has over Diamondback is that it introduced the ''v-shaped'' cars one year before Diamondback did. The First rollercoaster in the world to do so.But I still think that Diamondback outdoes Behemoth by using the natural water break. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Just saw a KI commercial featuring the DB animation! It featured words running on KI roller coaster's tracks. The words were about park opening, sales, and I think one might of been about Diamondback but I'm not sure.

What market (city) are you in??

Also, I've seen the D-back discount ticket displays at Meijer in Indy as well! :D

Just saw a KI commercial featuring the DB animation! It featured words running on KI roller coaster's tracks. The words were about park opening, sales, and I think one might of been about Diamondback but I'm not sure.

What market (city) are you in??

Also, I've seen the D-back discount ticket displays at Meijer in Indy as well! :D

It was actually a TV commercial.

Haha with all the other trips I have planned this year I'm probably only going to to get to Kings Island three times this year.

But a gold pass is only $100, if you visit 3 times, you will pay more than that at $48 a visit?

Well, in any event, I truly do hope you get to the Point.

:)

Terpy, who just HAD to, and who thinks any self respecting park/coaster enthusiast in the Eastern United States who can simply must get to the point, have a great adventure, explore all things Busch, and even hit the Magic Kingdom, as opportunities arise...and don't forget both Dolly and Kenny would.

• 2 months later...