Can this be right? Only TWO more weekends until Diamondback?!?

tigellinus

Time is passing now crazy fast!! And between finishing my tax filings (owning an LLC is fun, kids!), work being crazy busy (thanks crappy economy for laying off half my d*mn dept!), and family coming in for Easter...before I even blink next I'll be in KI's parking lot April 18th!

If I could seriously put the brakes on time now I would!! But wow...550+ days just like that gone by!! (since the 07 land clearing and First Drop article) That's some crazy sh#@!! :o

Time is passing now crazy fast!! And between finishing my tax filings (owning an LLC is fun, kids!), work being crazy busy (thanks crappy economy for laying off half my d*mn dept!), and family coming in for Easter...before I even blink next I'll be in KI's parking lot April 18th!

If I could seriously put the brakes on time now I would!! But wow...550+ days just like that gone by!! (since the 07 land clearing and First Drop article) That's some crazy sh#@!! :o

Yes, it has gone fast. I just hope the summer does not go so fast that I don't make it to the park as much as I want. See ya in a few weeks!

You could be right but unfortunately we don't have the technology to prove your theory ahead of time. So we will just have to start a running tally of weekends while we wait for Diamond back to open. If its Saturday and Diamondback has not opened then add another hash mark to the running tally you have started. When Diamondback does in fact open you can then reference your tally and if it totals two weekends then we will know if in fact that at the time this thread was started that there was indeed only two weekends until Diamondback opens.

For the record I hope its only one weekend but only time will tell...

How many Diamondback "First Riders" are there again? I'm going straight to Diamondback on Opening day, I'll just be in line behind all the "First Rider"people. :D I am still excited that I will be able to say I rode one of Kings Islands (hopefully) best rides built, on it's first day of operation, open to the public!!

I am so pumped for the beginning of this season, I have a feeling this will be one of Kings Islands best seasons. With all the new shows, special events, food, shops, and of course Diamondback; this will definately be an amazing season! :D

How many Diamondback "First Riders" are there again? I'm going straight to Diamondback on Opening day, I'll just be in line behind all the "First Rider"people. :D I am still excited that I will be able to say I rode one of Kings Islands (hopefully) best rides built, on it's first day of operation, open to the public!!

I am so pumped for the beginning of this season, I have a feeling this will be one of Kings Islands best seasons. With all the new shows, special events, food, shops, and of course Diamondback; this will definately be an amazing season! :D

I couldn't agree with you more. As soon as I get my inaugural ride and all my goodies, I'm running back and riding it again. :lol: Who knows how many times I will ride it on opening day. I have to get my Drop Tower, FOF, Beast, Delirium, and Slingshot fix in too.

Unless I get knocked down 65 spots before time's up, I'm beyond thrilled that I will be one of the first riders. I get more and more pumped as THE DAY draws closer. I requested opening day off and got it.. I'm ecstatic.

That's awesome, Angie...I didn't know you were going to be a 'first rider'! Congrats! I was so upset when I started working Saturdays, because at first I would have had to work opening day from 1-6pm, but my 'every other Saturday' schedule got reversed, so now I'm off that day, and I am SO excited. I was trying not to get my hopes up at first because before I thought I would only be able to go to KI for a couple of hours, but now I get to be there as soon as the park opens. To tell you the truth, I haven't ridden a brand new ride on its opening day since TR:TR came out. I'm pumped!

Oh, and are you as excited as I am to finally get a Drop Tower fix?? :D

~Ash

You could be right but unfortunately we don't have the technology to prove your theory ahead of time. So we will just have to start a running tally of weekends while we wait for Diamond back to open. If its Saturday and Diamondback has not opened then add another hash mark to the running tally you have started. When Diamondback does in fact open you can then reference your tally and if it totals two weekends then we will know if in fact that at the time this thread was started that there was indeed only two weekends until Diamondback opens.

For the record I hope its only one weekend but only time will tell...

Ha! I don't think it's right for me to read this post at 1:00 in the morning....it's making my brain hurt. :|

~Ash

I have a feeling the next to weeks are going to take forever...but having a countdown on my desktop doesn't really help speed things along. 

Speak for yourself...yesterday at work flew by, then last night I spent 3 hours figuring out corp. tax stuff (including a major break-through, thankfully!), and my little Excel To-Do list for work has 18 "Do Now" items...these next 19 days will be going by ridiculously fast!! <_<

That's awesome, Angie...I didn't know you were going to be a 'first rider'! Congrats! I was so upset when I started working Saturdays, because at first I would have had to work opening day from 1-6pm, but my 'every other Saturday' schedule got reversed, so now I'm off that day, and I am SO excited. I was trying not to get my hopes up at first because before I thought I would only be able to go to KI for a couple of hours, but now I get to be there as soon as the park opens. To tell you the truth, I haven't ridden a brand new ride on its opening day since TR:TR came out. I'm pumped!

Oh, and are you as excited as I am to finally get a Drop Tower fix?? :D

~Ash

Oh I'm counting the days, believe me! I was working a ton of Saturdays for a while too, so I went ahead and requested off for opening day, better than just crossing my fingers. I'm so happy that I got it.

My bid has been in the same spot for several days, so here's hoping it doesn't turn out like eBay on this one, with everyone's hand hovering over the mouse 1 minute before the auction ends. :lol:

And yes, I can't wait to ride Drop Tower again. I really miss Slingshot and FOF too.

^ Ba-dum-cha! I'm assuming you're here all week? :lol: By the way, are you making a run to any of the Six Flags parks opening up this weekend?

It is truly hard to believe it's April 1 already! Good times! I only hope that the season doesn't go by as fast as the first three months of this year have!

No SF parks for me yet, unfortunately! :(

Work's been too busy, plus, with KI trips the weekends of the 17th, 24th, and May 8th (with some CP'ing the weekends following that), as crazy as this sounds, that's just too much coastering!! I need a little more "real life" stuff too...oh yeah, as the cynic and skeptic that I am, usually the park's beginning of the season operations suck! But for KI I'll make an exception! :D