PKI-C Day #2

Dane

Here we go again! The second PKI-C day at PKI on Nov. 2, 03. The day started better this time because I got to get there earlier because I drove. I showed up in PKIs lot at 9:30am. It was a straight part to the gold pass parking lot since nobody was there. After finding a spot in the first row, I locked my keys in the car. No problem for me since I have a hidden key somewhere under the hood ;).

Security was not a problem for me and my cameras. So I walked directly to the Tower. After some quick photos of things, Ryan and Eric showed up. We joked around until Jonah and Amber showed up. Chef and his friend called and said traffic slowed them up, we waited and at 10:17 he showed up. And with that, we were off.

Chef wanted to do Flight of Fear first so we headed there. I didn't ride because of my equipment. They rode twice while I tested my zoom on my camcorder. I sat on the bench outside "Maze of Madness" and zoomed up on someone's face on Drop Zone. :)

Chef and I wanted to get a locker for our goods. He had a large coat and I had over $800 in camera equipment. We rented a locker on IE. Than we rode Son of Beast, than Top Gun. Still joking around with each other the entire time.

12 noon and we headed to the Tower. I waited while Chef, Amber, Jonah, and Chefs friend when't shopping, while Eric and Ryan when't out to go get Erics Camcorder. While I was waiting, Dan, The Rickster, m@ilman, Flash9, PKI_Guy, and "that guy" showed up.

We rode The Beast and the Flyers. The Flyers has the lanes full. They were doubling up people aswell. :( Luckily Dan and I got in the same car. With both of our snapping skills put together, We snapped the cables HARD! An amazing feat. considering the combined weight. No other members could snap because of the doubling up. But Chef and Jonah got a few.

After the Eagles we were off to lunch, most of us when't to Mandarin Cuisine. While others when't to the Festhouse. After eating we met up at the Festhouse for the tour. There we met up with PKIDelirium and Sobrider. We stood in the back as the TVs when't black. Jeff secretly put in the Boomerang Bay video. They cranked the sound up and defiantly got the attention of the people in the Festhouse. Regular guests didn't know what was going on. I ripped my camcorder out and made a "bootlegged copy" of the video. It was about 10 minutes long, and than we were invited to the back of the Festhouse.

Behind the Festhouse I met Jeff Seibert and we were off to Boomerang Bay. We walked to the back area where Sobrider and I were joking around about the people going nuts about being back there. Taking pictures and video of everything. Back there were all the White Water Canyon boats, and SOB and Adventure Express trains.

Jeff gave alittle speech about the history of the park and its future. We had to wait for the train to pass twice before we could walk across the track. The Lazy River was slightly tore up, with the Fastracks completely gone except for the platforms. The platforms were brown because they were sandblasted for painting. Other things that were changed were plant islands, brush tore down, store had walls knocked out for expansion, the new cabana areas were ready for concrete, and the area were TT will be was smoothed out. TT will go next to Wipeout Beach.

Walking back we had a long Q&A with Jeff. He defiantly cares about his guests.

We met Captain Picard and his wife, we were all thirsty so we got drinks from the Eiffel Tower place. We hit House of Darkness, Maze of Madness and the Swings. Capt. had to leave (3 hour drive) so we ate at the Festhouse. The festhouse was completely out of pop. :lol:

After eating, we hit Adventure Express and The Racer. We than played some games and I had to leave. I am sure everyone had a great time and the next one will probably be the first day of operation next year.

I had alot of fun meeting all of you...

That was one of the best trips I have ever had to PKI before, just because I was with people who are as enthusiastic about Coasters and PKI as I am. It was alot of fun to "talk shop" with a few people.

m@ilman

The Number one best thing about my expierence was being able to talk about pki/coasters and not be told to shut up lol. I had a great time talking about PKI all the way to Talking about Family Guy with Rickster, Ryan and Greg. I can't wait till 04 for more PKIC days! :ph34r:

^  He KNOWS his Bat footers.  :D

LOL...i just wish it was more light out so we could see more of them. :(

I also wanted more light for the old Flight Commander station, but alas...its fall and the lights go out early..:(

...and now we wait....

PLEASE, Opening Day, Come soon!!!

m@ilman

I had a blast even though I only was there for a while and talked to select people. I'm shy :( . and Chef nothing was on sale :angry:

You are so correct. I was greatly disappointed by the absence of sales this year. On closing weekend 2001 there were GREAT sales. T-shirts, sweatshirts, and other apparel were marked down 50% and other items, such as stuffed animals, were even cheaper! I spend over $100 and saved about $100 for Christmas gifts. However, this closing weekend not one thing was on sale - hence I bought not a single Christmas gift. :(

My family and I were at PKI on Sunday, we tried to catch up with the first gathering at 10, with delays in traffic and parking, I missed the group on the first try but did manage to make a trip back to the tower at 12, that is when I approached Dane and introduced myself and was ... let's put this as nicely as can be...treated rather rudely, ignored and snubbed. :censored:

My main objective was to have my book signed by Chef and sorry to say he wasn't even there when I was there. Sorry to have missed him. :angry:

Missdi, I'm sure that Dane intended no offense by being rude to you. The 12:00 meeting was really hectic because a lot of people showed up for that one. Dane's a good guy, so I really don't want you to get a bad impression of him.

Chef was with me and Coasterguy107 getting stuff out of a locker at that time, so I'm sorry that all three of us missed you.

We are including a lot of footage of Nov 2nd for our upcoming film "Downbar, Recheck" which is produced and edited by myself and CoasterGuy107. The first ever showing of the film will be at the off-season meeting at the Thai Resteraunt this January, so if you can make it, you can see what we did all day. If you have high-speed internet, I can send you the teaser for it. It's really big..38mb, but you can just watch it once and delete it if you want. My AOL/AIM name is BoddaH1994, so if you see me on, bump me and I'll transfer it to you.

Have a great day,

Ryan

My family and I were at PKI on Sunday, we tried to catch up with the first gathering at 10, with delays in traffic and parking, I missed the group on the first try but did manage to make a trip back to the tower at 12, that is when I approached Dane and introduced myself and was ... let's put this as nicely as can be...treated rather rudely, ignored and snubbed.  :censored:

My main objective was to have my book signed by Chef and sorry to say he wasn't even there when I was there. Sorry to have missed him. :angry:

Miss Di,

Hi, how are you? I'm very sorry about the way things turned out for you that day. I was at the park, but most likely in a retail shop when you showed up. It would have been a pleasure to sign your book and I am most disappointed that I didn't have the honor of meeting you.

If you can make my PKI video event on 1/18/04 in Alexandria, KY I would be very happy to sign your book. Additionally, you'd be able to watch PKI-related videos and order great Thai and/or Chinese cuisine.

If you can't make it, let's please coordinate a day and time next season when I can meet you at PKI, so that I can sign your book and have the honor of meeting you.

Again, I am truly sorry about the way things turned out. Had I known, I would've hung out at the Eiffel Tower instead of looking for sales (and there were none).

Sincerely,

Charles Infosino aka Italian Chef

:chef:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fusiondude,

It's an honor to have you at PKIC. I hope that you and our other esteemd member of PKIC can make it to Siam Orchid Thai Restaurant in Alexandria, KY on 1/18/04 between 11 AM and 2 PM.

Not only will there be food (pay your own way), PKI videos, and some short speeches.........but there will even be.......DOOR PRIZES!!!!!

Hope to see y'all there!

Italian Chef

:chef: