How will War affect PKI

mars1825

Now that America has gone to war with Iraq, how will it affect PKI?

I think PKI won't do as good as last year because people will want to stay home. And I'm sure gas prices will be high so it will be hard to make a road trip. Overall I think PKI will do good, because they always do good. Even after 9/11 PKI still did good. I think PKI will have a good year, but it won't be great.

Not too long ago I participated in a survey by PKI on this very subject. I feel as though attendance will suffer because of the war, people will not be out spending as much money and also the threat of attacks on the U.S. Money wise if you live nearby and by chance have a season pass then it's not costing you that much to go frequently, if you live far away and the price of gas is outrageous then I don't see many people out traveling great distances to take their vacations. People will be staying closer to home. Also look at it this way, if there were going to be an attack or terriorist threat wouldn't it be somewhere where there's alot of people? mad.gif

But why would they pick PKI? If they want a place with lots of people and was a theme park, woudn't disney be at the top in the park industry? PKI isn't a very world-known park. Yes, it has somewhat of a reputation, but nothing compared to the parks in Florida and Cali.

If there are going to be any parks in the US affected by the war, it will be the major parks like Disney or Universal that will be affected. People travel from all over the country, and even the world, to visit Disney and Universal parks. The majority of PKI's attendance is from the midwest, so I think PKI will be fine and dandy and we have nothing to worry about.

Actually, I think people wont even care too much about the terrorist attacks. Not very many people are so terrified of bombs that they wont go have fun. Probably the biggest threat to ohio is wright pat airforce base. But otherwise PKI will most likely not be affected. I know ill go as much as possible.

Also look at it this way, if there were going to be an attack or terriorist threat wouldn't it be somewhere where there's alot of people? mad.gif

GE would be a major spot to hit. Thats where I would imagine they would hit if anywhere in the area.

Of course Cincinnati was! We have GE, P&G, Fernald up north a little bit (for those of you who don't know, it's an old uranium processing plant still trying to clean up), and some other nice targets around... EPA doing research, the University of Cincinnati (the largest employer for Cincinnati).

PKI on a really busy day, like BAFFD, would be an interesting target just for the amount of people in one place.

Nothing here will be attacked, though.

Edited by DragonLord

After 9/11 I considered not going to Fearfest for about 30 seconds and realized it was ridiculous. We woke up in the hotel that Sunday to the news of bombing in Afghanistan and instead of watching TV all day went to the park and had a great time. I was happy to see the extra security but never felt afraid at PKI. I doubt many people would change their plans, I had an awful time after 9/11, working across the street from Sears Tower, I was a nervous wreck and needed to get away. My daughter was my voice of reason when she said she wasn't going to be afraid because if she passed up one thing she really wanted to do purely out of fear, the terrorists win. We went then and we will be there again this year, no question.

War on Iraq - None

War on Terrism - More security.

"I THINK" I know why that is. We have Iraq right where we want them, and after 9/11, nothing slipped past us security wise. Iraq is to the point where it cant do anything but hide because were in Kuwait and ready to whoop their bums. The way I see it, the war with Iraq will be over in two weeks or less. And I emphasize the word, "I THINK" (so I dont offend anyone)

On 9/11 I lost two friends and almost lost a cousin - and I will never be the same. No matter what, we Americans will never feel as safe as we did on 9/10. Nevertheless, life goes on.

Our park is not nationally famous like Disney or Universal Studios, so it lacks that appeal. It attracts mostly local yokals.....which is a plus in this time of recession and record deficit spending. Folks in the Midwest who lack money for Orlando, LA, Vegas, etc. may as well go to PKI. As a PKI fan, the fewer people.....the less I wait in line. So groovy if fewer folks show up. But from the BUSINESS perspective....if PKI has poor visitor volume, their bottom line hurts and that means a less groovy park.

We are more likely to get into a car accident than we are harmed at PKI. Take precautions, but don't stop enjoying life. Anything can happen any time at anywhere. If we are so afraid, how can we fly, go to PKI, go to the bank, eat at a restaurant, ride a bus, leave our front door, etc.??????

Let's try to enjoy life as much as we can. And let's try to make a better world for our children - and for those of you w/o offspring....your future children. That's my advice.

Edited by italianchef

If PKI were going to increase anything, I would hope that they would at least increase the Park Police, before thinking about increasing security. Don't the police have more powers than secuirty does? I think that the police are an actualy police department, and I would hope that if the admin decides the park needs more security they add the kind with the majority of power.

"I THINK" I know why that is. We have Iraq right where we want them, and after 9/11, nothing slipped past us security wise. Iraq is to the point where it cant do anything but hide because were in Kuwait and ready to whoop their bums. The way I see it, the war with Iraq will be over in two weeks or less. And I emphasize the word, "I THINK" (so I dont offend anyone)

Well, Here is something interesting I have read in a book for my Eastern Civ class...The book is called THE ART OF WAR by Sun Tzu.

"If the enemies government is fulfilled-meaning that there is mutual love between the ruler and the riled, there is clarity and trustworthiness in the system of rewards and punishments, and the soldiers are well trained- then you should be on gaurd against them. Do not wait for a clash to make your preparations. WHen the enemy's military is strong, you should avoid them for the time being, wait until they slack off, watching for an opening to attack."

Pretty much, if Iraq waits until we have exhausted all our strength and resources, maybe we do not have them where we want them, and maybe this will last longer than we think. Remember, this is OUR government we are talking about. We all know they hide things and mislead the american people. The park, in my opinion, will see a drop in attendence because of this war. Maybe if Jeff gets on, he can fill us in on what the attendence has looked like since Sept. 11, 2001! If I am not mistaken, there has been a drop in attendence (looking at the big picture).

One would think that attendance to the park would not actually drop, but instead rise. many of the larger parks are between a rock and a hard place right now, with the simple fact that many people are traveling at all, or if they are traveling they are staying closer to home. Disney was brought up for discussion today on CNBC, and they are taking a mjaor hit. One of the analysts mentioned he was there during spring break, and the park was no where near crowded. I would bet PKI can actually benefit from this, as more people will want to vaction closer to home, and the attendance might go up.