Vortex Gets a New Paint Job

BoddaH1994

You can really see the layout of the track now! Before it was really hidden back there, but the bright orange really helps, and Vortex'll probably be gettin some increased attention in '09 since they just put a bright red & yellow 230ft GIANT next door ;)

they say that those two colors is what stimulates our appitites and i beleive so cause major chain resturants use one of those colors if not both{ex.mcy.d's,burger king, k.f.c., l.j.s., wendys, rallys,dominoes, pizza hut, pappa johns, skyline chilli, subway, dairy queen, applebee's, bob evans, dennys, chick-filla, taco bell, ect.,ect.,ect.} i could go on with that list all day, needless to say they are tryin to make us all FAT.

I think you mean they are trying to make us FATTER, not FAT. :lol:

lol, so true, so very true. i my self am at 280 yet on my fat days i look 350 and on my skinny days i look 230. now with that being said i love playin the age or weight or birth month game cause i can always and i mean aaaalllwwwaayyyyssss walk away with at least one prize ooooo oooooo ooooo i just thought of another topic to create

Do the workers at the guessing games usually guess correctly or do a lot of people win. I've always wondered "The game has to be rigged or nearly everyone would win"?

my guess ii it back and worth cause i saw there cheat sheet last year and there was a win/loss tally and i think they have to have a qoatta on win/loss standards and i either leave them scratchin there heads or i hit at the right point

by the way i started a new poll about midway to arcade to other/no prize poll come check it out

Uh, two things:

a. It is quite possible to eat at any of those places and lose weight. It's all in choices. Not one of those places is holding a gun to your head and making you purchase fattening things. Even at Kings Island, half way decent healthy choices can be found, though it is way too hard to do so. Why, for instance, can I not buy a banana in the park? An apple? Some grapes? An orange?

b. Not all of us are fat. Some of us used to be, and after a long, dedicated effort, no longer are. Others are not YET fat...still others never will be. Like most generalizations, saying restaurants are trying to make us all fatTER is an unfair generalization, Some people, God bless them, can seemingly eat anything without gaining an ounce. And some of them want badly to gain, and can't.

Terpy, just sayin' (and who was thrilled when, about ten days ago, in the strangest of settings, was referred to as "that little man on that table over there." I was so happy I almost forgot entirely where I was and why! :)

No, my weight loss was totally unrelated to coasters or even a conscious decision on my part..it started due to a very stressful life event no one wants to go through. A month later I realized I had lost weight while another nearby relative had gained weight, both following that event. Then and only then I decided to continue consciously with what had happened subconsciously. It had absolutely nothing to do with coasters. Also, the only coasters I ever didn't fit were Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Over Georgia (yes, on media day...no, it didn't sway me to do anything about it) and Vertical Velocity at Six Flags Great America. Somehow I made it on to Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force even at my largest...as I lost weight, I each year barely fit the rides as the size that could fit each gradually got smaller and smaller. Now, that is no longer an issue, as I can ride Beast (though I'd rather not) with the orange bar ALL the way down. It's been quite the ride, and I am not done with it yet, though I am no longer obese, and only barely overweight according to the medical tables.

Uh, two things:

a. It is quite possible to eat at any of those places and lose weight. It's all in choices. Not one of those places is holding a gun to your head and making you purchase fattening things. Even at Kings Island, half way decent healthy choices can be found, though it is way too hard to do so. Why, for instance, can I not buy a banana in the park? An apple? Some grapes? An orange?

b. Not all of are fat. Some of us used to be, and after a long, dedicated effort, no longer are. Others are not YET fat...still others never will be. Like most generalizations, saying restaurants are trying to make us all fatTER is an unfair generalization, Some people, God bless them, can seemingly eat anything without gaining an ounce. And some of them want badly to gain, and can't.

Terpy, just sayin' (and who was thrilled when, about ten days ago, in the strangest of settings, was referred to as "that little man on that table over there." I was so happy I almost forgot entirely where I was and why! :)

I know, I know. There was a story on the Today Show this morning about eating healty while eating fast food. I have never paid any attention, but that is strange that you can't buy fruit at KI. I mean, I would think people would certainly buy it, I know I would. And congratulations on being called "that little man on that table over there."

No, my weight loss was totally unrelated to coasters or even a conscious decision on my part..it started due to a very stressful life event no one wants to go through. A month later I realized I had lost weight while another nearby relative had gained weight, both following that event. Then and only then I decided to continue consciously with what had happened subconsciously. It had absolutely nothing to do with coasters. Also, the only coasters I ever didn't fit were Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Over Georgia (yes, on media day...no, it didn't sway me to do anything and Vertical Velocity at Six Flags Great America. Somehow I made it on to Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force even at my largest...as I lost weight, I each year barely fit the rides as the size that could fit each gradually got smaller and smaller. Now, that is no longer an issue, as I can ride Beast (though I'd rather not) with the orange bar ALL the way down. It's been quite the ride, and I am not done with it yet, though I am no longer obese, and only barely overweight according to the medical tables.

Congrats on the weight loss.. Let me know when you are at the park so you can show me your better eating habits, that I proabbly need to pick up within the next few years.

About 27 at present. I truly was huge at one time. I look back at pictures from then and ask myself why. The most astounding thing to me is how much room there is in restaurant booths (many of which I previously did not fit), amusement park rides (especially Scramblers and Ferris Wheels, where I can now ride with the secondary restraint, which was only added in recent years, flipped either way), and even in my own car....

Uh, two things:

b. Not all of us are fat. Some of us used to be, and after a long, dedicated effort, no longer are. Others are not YET fat...still others never will be. Like most generalizations, saying restaurants are trying to make us all fatTER is an unfair generalization, Some people, God bless them, can seemingly eat anything without gaining an ounce. And some of them want badly to gain, and can't.

you also forgot to mention the ones like me who do watch what they eat, can just simply look at a peice of food a gain weight it is all in the metabolism and genetic make-up that depends wether the are skinny and stay skinny or the fat shall stay fat even though they may appear to lose weight at first it comes back ten fold im livin proof tried dieting 3x and resalts as just stated comes back tenfold we can debate about that all day and never meet middle ground so lets drop it and move on shall we

I have no intention of dropping it (unless you mean weight). It CAN be done...and if it can't, a full medical workup should be done. There are alternatives. Life is too short to spend it miserably...or to have it end way too soon. To say it can't be done and shrug could cost you your life. And I, for one, am not going to sit idly by and say nothing. Been there, done that, and lost one friend over that already. Never again.

About 27 at present. I truly was huge at one time. I look back at pictures from then and ask myself why. The most astounding thing to me is how much room there is in restaurant booths (many of which I previously did not fit), amusement park rides (especially Scramblers and Ferris Wheels, where I can now ride with the secondary restraint, which was only added in recent years, flipped either way), and even in my own car....

All those darn Gravy Buffets!

So does anyone know if Flight Deck got a paint job also? Or would this be something they'll try to surprise us with since we've complained for quite some time. I really wish they would add some foggers and some lights to that ride to make it a little more intense and fun.

No, Flight deck does not have a new paint job. You can tell that by noticing how the train has sat in the same spot all year. Although the supports do look as if they were blue, you still can tell it has it's old paint job. <_<

Um... you see, they could have moved the trains to paint and then put the trains back where they were. They wouldn't be in the exact same spot, but it would look the same from the road. Also, if the supports look blue, then how can you say it still has its old paint job. Maybe the support were actually painted.

• 6 years later...

I did see a photo earlier today on Facebook that suggested new paint testing for Vortex, but I can't find it now. It was posted to one of the roller coaster groups I belong to. I didn't really know the source of the pic/claim, so I dismissed it. Terpy bumping this thread gives it more credence to me, though.

Edit: found it, in Kings Island: Past, Present and Future

https://www.facebook.com/Kings-Island-Past-Present-and-Future-247739365237806/

The direct link to the post:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1068559706489097&id=247739365237806&substory_index=0

• Like 4