Vortex Gets a New Paint Job

BoddaH1994

Maybe now that Vortex has been repainted, they have also noticed the hundreds of pennies and wads of gum on the little balcony by the station to the right, and all the wads of gum stuck to the TV on the left.

..and somebody's nasty weave stuck in the trees to the right of the loading station (how are you about to wear fake hair on a roller coaster that goes upside down 6 times and think it's going to stay there?).

how are you about to wear fake hair on a roller coaster that goes upside down 6 times and think it's going to stay there?

The same reason I lost a bet that if I put pennies in my lap the they would stay there the entire ride.

Also, I hope they have scraped away all the gum in the final brake run tunnel before you reenter the station..it always disgusted me to see wads of who knows how old old gum wads stuck in there.

The really disgusting part is that all of the wads of gum had been scraped away for opening last year, and were soon replaced. The complete disrespect of some of the members of today's society is what disgusts me.

I trust you were much younger. Loose objects are not permitted on any of the rides...

I was about 9 or 10 (young and stupid) and someone told me before that you could put anyting on your lap during the ride and nothing would happen so I made a bet with my friend and I lost. Stupid me

Maybe now that Vortex has been repainted, they have also noticed the hundreds of pennies and wads of gum on the little balcony by the station to the right, and all the wads of gum stuck to the TV on the left.

..and somebody's nasty weave stuck in the trees to the right of the loading station (how are you about to wear fake hair on a roller coaster that goes upside down 6 times and think it's going to stay there?).

Haahhahahaha! That weave drives me NUTS every time I see it....and there are like scarves or something hanging from the trees too. So annyoing. The paing job looks amazing though! I guess you don't really notice how faded it is until they repaint it, because I never thought Vortex looked that bad. But it looks great now, can't wait to ride it!

~Ash

That orange looks really pink from the webcam. And like Ashers said, you don't really know how faded it is until it gets a new paint job

Well if we already know how bad Flight Deck looks, then we should be very surprised when it gets some new paint! ^_^

Have any of you seen the badger(or something like it) underneath The Vortex station? When you get to the bottom of the stairs and turn left, if you look right there is a hole there. One day I was waiting in the line and the (badger) came out. It was about the size of a small dog. I think that The Vortex did need a new paint job, and I'm glad they are doing soo much this year.

Have any of you seen the badger(or something like it) underneath The Vortex station? When you get to the bottom of the stairs and turn left, if you look right there is a hole there. One day I was waiting in the line and the (badger) came out. It was about the size of a small dog. I think that The Vortex did need a new paint job, and I'm glad they are doing soo much this year.

I've seen him! He's so cute!

And I would HATE if the supports of Vortex were painted black. Needs to stay blue and orange, for sure.

~Ash

You can really see the layout of the track now! Before it was really hidden back there, but the bright orange really helps, and Vortex'll probably be gettin some increased attention in '09 since they just put a bright red & yellow 230ft GIANT next door ;)

I've seen him! He's so cute!

And I would HATE if the supports of Vortex were painted black. Needs to stay blue and orange, for sure.

~Ash

My kids like him. We've seen him out in the grass as well. And he (or she) is a groundhog.

You can really see the layout of the track now! Before it was really hidden back there, but the bright orange really helps, and Vortex'll probably be gettin some increased attention in '09 since they just put a bright red & yellow 230ft GIANT next door ;)

they say that those two colors is what stimulates our appitites and i beleive so cause major chain resturants use one of those colors if not both{ex.mcy.d's,burger king, k.f.c., l.j.s., wendys, rallys,dominoes, pizza hut, pappa johns, skyline chilli, subway, dairy queen, applebee's, bob evans, dennys, chick-filla, taco bell, ect.,ect.,ect.} i could go on with that list all day, needless to say they are tryin to make us all FAT.

they say that those two colors is what stimulates our appitites and i beleive so cause major chain resturants use one of those colors if not both{ex.mcy.d's,burger king, k.f.c., l.j.s., wendys, rallys,dominoes, pizza hut, pappa johns, skyline chilli, subway, dairy queen, applebee's, bob evans, dennys, chick-filla, taco bell, ect.,ect.,ect.} i could go on with that list all day, needless to say they are tryin to make us all FAT.

I think you mean they are trying to make us FATTER, not FAT. :lol: