Chat Summary!

Aaron

Here's a summary of the information we learned this evening from Jeff Siebert:

-Oktoberfest Gardens is being rethemed around Forrest Gump and will have a bar in the back. I think Oktoberfest has had some improvements as well. He said there will be two more new restaurants at PKI (my guesses are the rumored Chinese restaurant replacing All-Star Cafe and a Subway restaurant coming).

-PKI has completely redone the first major turn after the drop on The Beast in order to handle high speeds better and the ride has been retracked.

-Son of Beast has received new restraints which will hopefully be much more comfortable. It should be open opening day and it doesn't have new tunnels this season...

-The Beast and SOB clearing Jeff was talking about at the end of last season was him just messing around. They simply just cleared some brush.

-Scooby looks very nice so far and Jeff says the ride itself is incredible and is set to open with the park. Check out the photos here

-Delirium (Huss Giant Frisbee) and SpongeBob 3-D (F/X Theatre film) are the two other new for 2003 rides, which most of us know about. SpongeBob will not open until May, but Delirium is set to open with the park.

-The Action Zone pathway has been widened and the entrance to Delirium is location on the direct right side of the path and the queue will go around back of the ride. I think it will be a covered queue.

-Top Gun will be back to two train operation.

-The new PKI book will be available at the park for the 2003 season, they will be selling for about $12, and they are expecting another book to come in 2004.

-There was mention of a "focus" on theming for TRTR, FOF, and Adventure Express, they are trying to start improving the theming on their older rides, like for this year, they have made some aesthetic improvements on AE.

-Marquee/message board PKI sign in the front of the park, the fountains, and other things around the park have been rehabbed/overhauled or have aesthetic improvements. The PKI logo on the sign hasn't been changed.

-The PKI.com Webcam should be up as soon as they can. Currently the PKI.com webmaster is trying to get several park webcams placed throughout the park for the website.

That's about it! I would like to thank Jeff for being so cooperative this evening, and we're looking forward to chatting with him again!

Edited by Aaron

I believe that dark purple is a primer coat. If you look in the first photo, on the right side of the caste you can see there is a blueish paint on the building along with some grey. That's probably what the whole "castle" will look like... and Aaron LIKE A LOT! biggrin.gif

Why does PKI have to play with The Beast frist the new brakes now this?

PKI has completely redone the first major turn after the drop on The Beast in order to handle high speeds better and the ride has been retracked.

Is there more going on with The Beast than the public knows about? I just hate to see a classic ride get ripped up. The Beast has been up and running for 24 seasons my question is why now fix the frist major turn after the drop to handle high speeds? You would think they would have done this in 1980s or 1990s not know.

Does anyone know? mad.gif

PKI is in no way making The Beast slower, or worse, they are improving the ride quality. The first curve out of the tunnel was simply not adequately designed when The Beast first opened, and over the years, it has been showing excessive wear and tear. Because of the new brakes that they introduces last year, the ride is running faster than it has been running in 20 years, and they thought it would be best to re-engineer the first curve to handle these increased forces.

By retracking the ride, that makes the ride smoother and more enjoyable. All wooden coasters that are properly maintained are retracked every few years... Son of Beast is basically retracked every offseason because of the extreme wear and tear there is. You are getting everything all wrong WildCat, everything PKI is doing is for the good of the ride, and to make it better.

I had the same problem on the first chat that Jeff had today. The pop up window where you click YES never came up and I could not get on, so now when there is a chat I have to go to my girlfriends house and use her computer. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I am trying my best to solve the problem... sometimes the JAVA on people's computers just isn't working right. But I believe Jeff's problem was that the PKI network would not let his computer access the chat due to a firewall that may be on their local area network. Hopefully we'll have everything sorted out by the next chat! rolleyes.gif

Well as the people that actually made it into the chat. I didn't make it. Not even on my new computer. dry.gif Well... I'm cool with just the summary. And remember the Chat is available to you thanks to the eSHOP.

Edited by Aaron

Thank you Jeff and Aaron for taking time away from your busy schedules and families on a Saturday for the chat. It was most informative. I greatly look forward to riding Delirium, Scooby Doo & the Haunted Castle, SpongeBob SqaurePants.......and all my favorite rides like FoF and The Beast.

And I can't wait to buy The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island. At $12 - it'll be a bargain. I hope that the author will do book signings at the park!!!!!!!!!