What ride was open the year you were born

csikoth

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born April 11, 1996. Just a few weeks after I was born, the Flight of Fear opened (At the time named The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear)

It to this day remains one of my favorite rides.

Same with me. I was born in 1995 while they were constructing Flight of Fear and it is my favorite ride at King Island.

I was born in 1972, so...

Eiffel Tower, Rotor, Der Spinnen Keggers, Bavarian Beetle, Sky Ride, Racer, Flying Carpet, Monster, Dodgem, Scrambler, Carousel, Flying Scooters (Eagles), Cuddle Up, Tumble Bug, Halley's Comet, KI&MVRR, Kings Mill Log Flume, Canoe Ride, Wheel of Fortune, Antique Cars, Enchanted Voyage, Scooby Doo (aka Beastie aka Fairly Odd Coaster), Gulliver's Rub-A-Dub, Motor Mouse, Kikky Kangaroo, Winsome Witch's Cauldron, Marathon Turnpike (aka Sunshine Turnpike), Autocat, Funky Phantom, Squiddly Diddly.

Just to name a few. B)

Of course, many of those were relocated from CI, but they opened in a new park so it counts! :lol:

I was born 07/25/1993 and this is what happed at Kings Island in ''1993 – The park becomes Paramount’s Kings Island. A suspended roller coaster, to be named Thunder Road by the former owners, is added and named Top Gun, beginning Paramount’s trend of naming most major new rides after one of their movies or television shows. Top Gun is located in what was once part of the Wild Animal Habitat and has the longest queue in the park. The Wild Animal Habitat & Monorail are closed at the end of the season due to the immence amount of money the attraction costed. American Heritage Music Hall, Name changed to The Paramount Theater.''

As written by KICentral

Imagine 30 years from now, when people ask the question, "When were you born?" And the 09 babies will answer "when Diamondback opened, 30 years ago." But that was a big deal back then.

Ya and they will still be ridin The Beast on its 60 th birthday. That old guy can withstand and hold up for 30 more yrs with a little TLC it will still be ( hopefully be) the longest roller coaster. Now for the Son of Beast, Young Jedi can see no future for the son, only the father.

1982 - Viking Fury. Love the ride. It's great to hit around lunch time after going around the park once and needing a short break from the thrill rides before starting a second round. But I learned last season to NEVER end up sitting next to a group of 3 young girls. I was already locked in when they piled in next to me. It was like a tea pot going off in my ear every time the ship went up. Instant migraine.

Well, Bavarian Beetle there is one ride that opened the year you were born. Yes, I am telling the truth!

The Wild Thornberrys River Adventure opened in 1968 at Coney Island. It was then moved to Kings Island for its opening in 1972.

For those of you that were around before KI, there is this timeline on Coney Island Central that goes all the way back to 1867 when James Parker purchased his apple orchard, which became Coney Island in June of 1886. Granted, that is not KI, but still somewhat interesting.

Little Bill`s Giggle Coaster opened in 1992 as Scooby Zoom. It was renamed Topcat`s Taxi Jam in 1998 when Hanna Barbera was renovated. It was renamed Little Bill`s Giggle Coaster in 2006 when Nickelodeon Universe took over Hanna Barbera Land.

Also, the kiddy swings ride opened next to the bumper cars in 1992.

1982 - Viking Fury. Love the ride. It's great to hit around lunch time after going around the park once and needing a short break from the thrill rides before starting a second round. But I learned last season to NEVER end up sitting next to a group of 3 young girls. I was already locked in when they piled in next to me. It was like a tea pot going off in my ear every time the ship went up. Instant migraine.

When I go to KI i always ride this before I eat lunch at skyline it's me and my friends tradtition!

1985. White Water Canyon is added and Tumble Bug removed. My mom could have sworn she'd taken me on Tumble Bug, but apparently that was only my older brother (who was 4 that year) as I doubt that she took a newborn (I was born in June) on Tumble Bug.

Yep, it began as Scooby Zoom, and in 1998 became Top Cat's Taxi Jam, only to become Little Bill's Giggle Coaster in 2006.

And to this day, the zoom past it drives me crazy to the point that I giggle. It remains the only Kings Island coaster with which I am not accredited.