What ride was open the year you were born

csikoth

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1982 - Viking Fury. Love the ride. It's great to hit around lunch time after going around the park once and needing a short break from the thrill rides before starting a second round. But I learned last season to NEVER end up sitting next to a group of 3 young girls. I was already locked in when they piled in next to me. It was like a tea pot going off in my ear every time the ship went up. Instant migraine.

Wait. You get around the entire park by lunch time? We are lucky to ride everything once in an entire day!

I was born April 30th 1989. A whole 6 days before Magnum XL-200 was opened. I don't know of any Kings Island rides that opened in 89'. It would be interesting to find out if any one here knows.

1989: Water Works (12 acre water park) is added. It includes: 15 water slides, a lazy river and 'Splash Island" (children's area).The Zodiac and Der Spinning Keggers are removed at end of the season.

http://www.KICentral.com/history/timeline.php

I was born April 11, 1996. Just a few weeks after I was born, the Flight of Fear opened (At the time named The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear)

It to this day remains one of my favorite rides.

I was born July 16, 1996. Just a few months before I was born, the Flight of Fear opened (At the time named The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear)

Whoah, talk about deja-vu! :wacko:

:lol:

Well, Bavarian Beetle there is one ride that opened the year you were born. Yes, I am telling the truth!

The Wild Thornberrys River Adventure opened in 1968 at Coney Island. It was then moved to Kings Island for its opening in 1972.

For those of you that were around before KI, there is this timeline on Coney Island Central that goes all the way back to 1867 when James Parker purchased his apple orchard, which became Coney Island in June of 1886. Granted, that is not KI, but still somewhat interesting.

I did not realize that. Thanks for the information. KI was my first park and it didn't even occur to my to look at Coney.

I was born April 11, 1996. Just a few weeks after I was born, the Flight of Fear opened (At the time named The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear)

I was born July 16, 1996. Just a few months after I was born, the Flight of Fear opened (At the time named The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear)

CryptRaider, I can assure you that FoF did not open a few months after you were born. It actually opened a few months before you were born. ;)

I was born July 16, 1996. Just a few months after I was born, the Flight of Fear opened (At the time named The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear)

CryptRaider, I can assure you that FoF did not open a few months after you were born. It actually opened a few months before you were born. ;)

Haha! I would've never caught that.

Thanks.

From the KIC timeline

1994:

Days of Thunder* opens, an exciting new NASCAR racing simulator is added in a previously undeveloped area between the turnaround points of The Racer tracks. Later in 1998 Days of Thunder would be changed to the Paramount Action FX Theater with several movies showing there. The Wild Animal Habitat theme area is renamed Adventure Village. Sunshine Turnpike and The Scrappy Slide are removed at end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

i just traveled back from the future, adn the ride that opened was white water cannon. then i had to yank some plutonium to get back...

...to the future.

sorry delorian rider, i couldnt resist to get back in time...

... i did it again.

According to the KICentral timeline, no new rides were added in 1980, but "Scooby Doo is renamed The Beastie. The Beast becomes an even bigger monster hit with the addition of a new stretch of tunnel combining two short tunnels and the re-banking of a portion of the track."

From rcdb.com -

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad- Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom

Carolina Cyclone- Carowinds

Corkscrew- Valleyfair!

Judge Roy Scream- Six Flags Over Texas

Laser Loop- Kennywood

Nightmare Mine- Frontier City

Orient Express- Worlds of Fun

Roaring Tornado- Magic Springs & Crystal Falls

Scorpion- Busch Gardens Africa

I may share a birthday with these rides, but I have not been on any of them.

Roller Coaster Search Results

Criteria: Location = North America

Criteria: Opened 1969

Found: 8

Sorted By: Roller Coaster

Roller Coaster Amusement Park Type Design Status Opened

Cedar Creek Mine Ride Cedar Point Steel Sit Down Operating 5/24/1969

Galaxi Paragon Park Steel Sit Down - 1969

Jet Star Palisades Amusement Park Steel Sit Down - 1969

Mini Mine Train Six Flags Over Texas Steel Sit Down Operating 1969

Royal Cyclone Queens Pike Steel Sit Down - 9/1969

Serpent Six Flags AstroWorld Steel Sit Down - 1969