What ride was open the year you were born

csikoth

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1994:

Days of Thunder* opens, an exciting new NASCAR racing simulator is added in a previously undeveloped area between the turnaround points of The Racer tracks. Later in 1998 Days of Thunder would be changed to the Paramount Action FX Theater with several movies showing there. The Wild Animal Habitat theme area is renamed Adventure Village. Sunshine Turnpike and The Scrappy Slide are removed at end of the season

http://www.KICentral.com/history/timeline.php

1994:

Days of Thunder* opens, an exciting new NASCAR racing simulator is added in a previously undeveloped area between the turnaround points of The Racer tracks. Later in 1998 Days of Thunder would be changed to the Paramount Action FX Theater with several movies showing there. The Wild Animal Habitat theme area is renamed Adventure Village. Sunshine Turnpike and The Scrappy Slide are removed at end of the season

http://www.KICentral.com/history/timeline.php

ok. you need to start saying your real age! hahaha. you were born in 1995. besides, way cooler things happened in your year. the eXtreme Skyflyer was put in, and so was Drop Zone!!

High Roller that was at Stratosphere, not the one at Valleyfair, which still exists, sort of.

Not this one, either, also gone:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2404.htm?picture=1

Terpy, who suddenly feels very, very old...

Precisely. I was there when I was just a wee little boy of maybe 3, and barely even remember it, but I did not ride it. Over spring break this year however, I rode all 3 of the remaining rides. Good, good stuff.

Well, I guess I will just have to be satisfied with having ridden two of those three High Rollers...as I doubt we will ever see that last one again!

Judging by what my sister and dad said, the only good part was the view. Other than that it wasn't that fun. You could just run around the observation tower for the same effect. However, the other 3 rides are probably the coolest rides I have ever ridden. If you are in Vegas, DO NOT PASS THESE RIDES UP!!!!

Good grief. This thread reaffirmed what I already knew. I'm old.

Haha. That's sounds like my mom. But she's probably older than you. :P

haha :lol:

I'll be 31 soon. And going gray already.

Getting older beats the alternative.