top 20 posters

today i am the top 20 poster who will it be tomorow who knows just put in a little imput each day if you are the top 20 poster off the day so untill tomory im woopin ya'lls butt's one post at a time see if you can catch me or beat me*this message was approved by the Big Red Dice affiliation of one, further more he is responsable for his comments and his comments alone capeesh*

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of my posts were deleted for a reason beyond me.

understandable mine do about every 15-16 post just tryin to get out of noob stage so others will except me into the group and i am here to stay hopefully unless a moderator pulls the plug

You do not want us to except you (which means to put you out). You want us to accept you, which is a different thing entirely.

Terpy, tryin' to help

i know the words and meanings its just the spellin i usually get ejected first in a spellin bee i mean who here doesnt spell dawg<D.A.W.G.>by the way im local now no longer a noob can i get a woop woop

You do not want us to except you (which means to put you out). You want us to accept you, which is a different thing entirely.

Terpy, tryin' to help

i know the words and meanings its just the spellin i usually get ejected first in a spellin bee i mean who here doesnt spell dawg<D.A.W.G.>by the way im local now no longer a noob can i get a woop woop

I think Terpy wants to make sure someone does not miss interpret what you are trying to say. I know we are not writing English essays, but you want to be able to get your message across clearly. Lord knows I make mistakes on here all the time! No one expects you to be perfect. :)

Quality always surpasses quantity, believe me. Some of the older members on here can tell you about my mishaps.

I've noticed that practically every single one of your posts is one, long, run-on sentence (which makes it extremely hard to read), with little meaning or point to it. I highly suggest you download SpellCheck, try to write in complete sentences, and think about what your posting and the meaning of it before you post it. Trust me.

Jackson, trying his best to help out.

Well, looks like Terpy is the top poster for today. I can assure you, all most of Terpy's posts are quality. Even the ones that aren't quality, he doesn't add to gain quantity. And Jackson, you have come a long way and become much better :) . I think you deserve a brownie point :lol: !

*Diamondback FOF, who feels like giving out brownie points today.

Uh oh, now I need to go eat a brownie :D .

I would say the best way to gain respect around the KIC community is to NOT make tons of pointless posts. I find that people get more respect when they make more well thought out meaningful posts than not. (I'm not saying you can't joke around or post meaningless posts every one in a while just don't do it EVERY time you post) Make sure people can understand what you're saying, and use good grammar. But that's just what I think. :)

P.S. I'm not talking to anyone specific, I'm just making a general post.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with most of the guys on this one, your posts should definitely be about QUALITY, not quantity. Nobody is perfect with their spelling and grammar(well maybe Terpy is), but you should at least attempt to use spell check or something to make sure that your posts make sense! You shouldn't feel like the only way you will get 'accepted' is to post a million posts within the first couple of months of being a member on here. I gained respect with my first post, because I took the time to read the ENTIRE 'rumour coaster 2009' thread in one sitting and THEN posted my opinions. You get a lot of respect if you take the time to read everything before you post, and to sit down and make sure your posts make sense and think about what you want to say. I don't think anyone really cares how much you post anyway. There are people that have been on this forum since it started and still have less than 1,000 posts, because they only speak up when they have something important to say. So don't feel the need to just post one word random things all over the board just to get your count up. We all post silly stupid things from time to time, and that's fine, but just don't make a habit out of it and you'll be fine!

~Ash

At Cedar Fair's Kings Island, those items, if available, would command quite the few nickels! :)

But nickels spent very well! :)

If the top poster for is gonna be posting each day, then Terpy is basically going to own this topic.

Except for today. I will now have one more than Terpy. But yes, any other day, or even in an hour :lol: , Terpy will be at the top.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with most of the guys on this one, your posts should definitely be about QUALITY, not quantity. Nobody is perfect with their spelling and grammar(well maybe Terpy is), but you should at least attempt to use spell check or something to make sure that your posts make sense! You shouldn't feel like the only way you will get 'accepted' is to post a million posts within the first couple of months of being a member on here. I gained respect with my first post, because I took the time to read the ENTIRE 'rumour coaster 2009' thread in one sitting and THEN posted my opinions. You get a lot of respect if you take the time to read everything before you post, and to sit down and make sure your posts make sense and think about what you want to say. I don't think anyone really cares how much you post anyway. There are people that have been on this forum since it started and still have less than 1,000 posts, because they only speak up when they have something important to say. So don't feel the need to just post one word random things all over the board just to get your count up. We all post silly stupid things from time to time, and that's fine, but just don't make a habit out of it and you'll be fine!

~Ash

But then there are people that have 16,417 posts *cough cough Terpy cough cough* because they have important stuff to say quite often!

P.S. I hope nobody thinks this was silly, stupid, and/ or any other bad thing.

Double P.S. If you think I am posting pointless stuff or just trying to get my post count up, just tell me. I don't want anyone to start getting mad at me or anything. I want to be accepted B):D .

~Ash

I too am sorry that some people fail to understand that the website caters to a wide audience which includes people who prefer serious, educated, and understandable coaster discussion.

It is amazing how some people will throw a tantrum instead of realizing that you are trying to help.

My first posts were horrible: all lowercase, no punctuation. It didn't take long for me to notice that I was not getting a serious response to my posts, so I started typing properly because I want to stay here.

I believe that proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation is a reflection on how well educated you are. It's even worse when people are educated but choose to type like "z0mg meleniem f0rc3 is t3h pwnz0r."

No serious coaster enthusiast wants to come in here and read something that looks like a cat just walked across someone's keyboard.

I say if you are serious enough about Kings Island to join this website, you should be serious enough to follow the rules and guidelines.

At Cedar Fair's Kings Island, those items, if available, would command quite the few nickels! :)

But nickels spent very well! :)

If the top poster for is gonna be posting each day, then Terpy is basically going to own this topic.

Except for today. I will now have one more than Terpy. But yes, any other day, or even in an hour :lol: , Terpy will be at the top.

~Ash

But then there are people that have 16,417 posts *cough cough Terpy cough cough* because they have important stuff to say quite often!

P.S. I hope nobody thinks this was silly, stupid, and/ or any other bad thing.

Double P.S. If you think I am posting pointless stuff or just trying to get my post count up, just tell me. I don't want anyone to start getting mad at me or anything. I want to be accepted B):D .

I wasn't saying that people who DO post a lot don't have anything important to say or are randomly posting. I was replying to the starter of this topic, because he was saying that he wanted to be accepted, therefore he felt the need to post a lot. And yes, you're right, there are SOME people on here who do post a lot and still add something intelligent with every post they make. The only time I've seen someone get mad or annoyed with another person(when it comes to posting) is when that person either posts continuously using bad grammar and sentence structure(making one GIANT run on sentence), or when someone posts one word comments that have no relevance, or are just posting to hear themselves talk....er....see themselves type. That's all! No need to worry so much.

~Ash

What possible satisfaction is there in having the most posts during a certain day? IMO, if someone has something constructive or funny (or even mildly amusing) to add to a discussion, then, by all means, they should post it, but if posts are one word or off the topic or are simply designed to add to someone's numbers, then there is no point in posting. In other words, this isn't a posting contest.

--Beatle, stepping down from his soapbox now... :)

What possible satisfaction is there in having the most posts during a certain day? IMO, if someone has something constructive or funny (or even mildly amusing) to add to a discussion, then, by all means, they should post it, but if posts are one word or off the topic or are simply designed to add to someone's numbers, then there is no point in posting. In other words, this isn't a posting contest.

--Beatle, stepping down from his soapbox now... :)

I will say though, it is fun when you hit a certain number of posts like for me 50, 100, and 200. Lot's of people comment about that all the time, but I don't intentionally post to add to my post count, it is just cool when you see it up there. I do not care however how many posts per day.

Tick another one off for redundancy, it's definitely quality over quantity. Don't keep posting just for the sake of statistics. Contribute to the forums and you will be accepted regardless of your post count. Sometimes I believe it would be nice to do away with the post counts all together. I'm getting sick of seeing these "I reached x amount of posts OMGOMGOMGOMGBBQ!!"

I just ask of you, capitalize, spell check, proofread, and punctuate. If you can manage these, I look forward to your stay.

Now I'm starting to feel bad for posting my milestone numbers when I reach them at the end of my posts! Not really, because you can expect only quality from me! :lol:

I couldn't care less about my number of posts per day. There's many times I'm on here and post nothing at all that day. I do like seeing people's post totals and the date they joined though. It gives me an idea on how seriously to take a person. I know when I first joined I wanted to be taken seriously because I love the park, I worked there for many, many years and I felt I had a lot to contribute from that experience. So I made sure (and still try to ensure) that I'm contributing something, even if it is just a little humor.

I've never been one to type in text language (I can't stand it, and dislike texting in general). When I'm typing, on the first draft of each post I don't even use contractions (an old habit from my high school/college days). The first draft I always type stuff like "do not" and "I have", then when proofreading I go through and change them to "don't" and "I've". I'm just funny that way.

No serious coaster enthusiast wants to come in here and read something that looks like a cat just walked across someone's keyboard.

This seriously made me laugh, because it's true (at least for me). :lol:

I text often and use shorthand all the time, literally always unless I'm writing something formal. It's kinda an inner circle thing though. If you don't text you'll struggle reading it and if your not in my field, you would have no idea what my shorthand means. So, out of courtesy to all who read these forums, I type as properly as possible. It's actually difficult for me and sometimes I notice things slip out in my posts but we should make this board accessible to and usable by anyone.