Adventure Express Discussion

Coney Islander

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you have been on some of the other Arrow mine train coasters (Cedar Creek Mine Ride and Carolina Goldrusher) you could easily arrive at that impression. These older coasters lack some of the speed that Adventure Express has, and also have a lot more sections of straightaway track. Both of the above mentioned rides also have the old Arrow mine train restraints, ie the ride ops must lower the restraints for each car, and all the restraints in each car lower down together.

When I was younger, my mom and aunt tricked me into riding it (this was like 1991 or 1992 when I was six or seven), by saying it was a train ride! I was terrified of coasters for several years after that. In fact, it was not until I rode The Beast in the fall of 1996 for the first time that I became hooked!

I can't imagine AE without the angry guys in the last tunnel and imitating them as we go up the hill. It just wouldn't be as fun. Though I'd like to see all the theming brought back - I remember when you dropped out of the station and into a cloud of mist or fog as a train whistle sounded. And there were a lot of jungle sound effects that I don't recall hearing last year.

QUOTE (Thrill_Biscuit @ Apr 6 2009, 03:54 PM) I think technology is available to enhance the sound effects a bit (Bose?)... plus I can imagine using the newer LED technologies for the lava 'monster?' on lift 2. I hope they never get rid of the Indiana Jones music at the station, it's perfect!

I don't know why, but I've never noticed the Indiana Jones music. Is it played all day, every day?

I think technology is available to enhance the sound effects a bit (Bose?)... plus I can imagine using the newer LED technologies for the lava 'monster?' on lift 2. I hope they never get rid of the Indiana Jones music at the station, it's perfect!

I don't know why, but I've never noticed the Indiana Jones music. Is it played all day every day?

Is in not played on lift 2?

The Adventure Express station music was set up in stereo with the music being one channel and the station master being the other. Though I am not positive I believe there was some problem (licencing?) with playing the Indiana Jones music after the 2007 season causing either just the music channel to no longer be broadcast or the entire station loop to be removed.

Reguardless, the operators have to spiel now considerably more than they ever had to before causing them to leave the station mic on which mutes the station loop by itself.

It's just a idea, but since it's not that tall, they should enclose the entire ride, air-condition it, and add all the theaming they want - including blsck lights and glow in the dark things - but keep it as dark inside as possible so you REALLY don'tknow where you're going. Otherwise, it's just another mine train coaster - the best one ever built - that needs restoration and half of the effects are never working properly anyway

Then, every so often, you could completely change the theaming for a totally "new adenture"

And they could call it....Disaster Transport?

Lol thats exactly what I was thinking. Adventure Express uses the terrain and woods to make it feel like a jungle, enclosing it would be like enclosing The Beast. If you want am airconditioned ride that the "adventure changes for a totally new experience" then go ride Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle the 10 year mark of 2012 is coming soon (If CF continues that tradition)

It's just a idea, but since it's not that tall, they should enclose the entire ride, air-condition it, and add all the theaming they want - including blsck lights and glow in the dark things - but keep it as dark inside as possible so you REALLY don'tknow where you're going. Otherwise, it's just another mine train coaster - the best one ever built - that needs restoration and half of the effects are never working properly anyway

Then, every so often, you could completely change the theaming for a totally "new adenture"

Do you know how expensive that would be? Not only to enclose the entire ride, but then to do extensive themeing? Also, to change the theming "every so often" would cost a lot just in doing that!

Do you know how expensive that would be? Not only to enclose the entire ride, but then to do extensive themeing? Also, to change the theming "every so often" would cost a lot just in doing that!

Yes, but I believe Hank was just throwing ideas out, not necessarily being practical.

It was just a idea. Take that Dinosaur Ride at Animal Kingdom. I'm sure it cost a fortune to build, but it will cost even more to re-theme the ride once it gets old and and stale. Look what they had to do to Tower of Terror after only a few years to make it more interesting! Even Maverick had a major change prior to opening - ecen after all that computer money was spent on the design.

I think technology is available to enhance the sound effects a bit (Bose?)... plus I can imagine using the newer LED technologies for the lava 'monster?' on lift 2. I hope they never get rid of the Indiana Jones music at the station, it's perfect!

I don't know why, but I've never noticed the Indiana Jones music. Is it played all day every day?

Is in not played on lift 2?

I seem to remember jungle noises being played on the first lift and pounding drums on the second.

I seem to remember jungle noises being played on the first lift and pounding drums on the second.

I knew I wasn't crazy. I was thinking that I could have sworn it used to have jungle noises on the first lift hill. Monkeys and birds in particular.

I know there are still jungle noises as you are leaving the station area, because I always do the monkey noise when I ride it..lol! I can't remember if there used to be more sound effects throughout the ride though. I do remember when the spears used to shoot out in the tunnel and the hissing snake noises in the other tunnel. I would hate it if AE got rethemed, I think it's just fine the way it is! :D