Diamondback's Entrance Sign!

BoddaH1994

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year when a few pictures of Kings Island Theater where posted it got mixed reviews too. In fact I did not like the look with out the colonial columns and posted my thoughts about that, well when the park opened and I got to see it first hand I changed my mind and liked it. I think the pictures where taken too close which was good for seeing the details but it did not give us viewers the ability to see it from a further distance and to see how it fit in aesthetically. This is how I am feeling about the New Diamondback sign, I wish we had another photo taken of it but at a bit of a distance. I think the thing that I'm having trouble with is the excellent state of the art 3 dimensional sign with a early 1900 century background, it's playing tricks with my mind. I can't wait to see it in person to get a better feel for it.

Personally, I think the sign is absolutely perfect and suits the whole attitude of Rivertown. It's also exactly what I was hoping for.

Since everyone has his or her own opinion, naturally not everyone is going to like it. Remember, it's the ride that counts, not the sign that's in front. Though I again stress that I think the sign is absolutely perfect and well done!

Meh... if people are complaining about a simple sign that the park clearly spent thousands designing and building I can see why they didn't bother to spend millions doing an entire theme for the ride.

Simple is the key word in your post and to be honest I think it is great that everybody is being open and honest about their feelings about the sign (good or bad), it's a breath of fresh air around here. Also I will just add that if they spent millions of dollars on theme, I don't think you would find anybody complaining because everyone would have passed away from shock!!!

I like the sign, it looks fangtastic! ;)

But it does seem to be missing something because there is alot of unused space. As the picture of Maverick's sign showed, the logo was smaller but there was also the picks to use up some of the space. I have a feeling the sign may not be fully completed just yet.

We also have to remember as others have previously stated that the sign is most likely not finished :) As many have noticed that the area is extremely similar to Mavericks Queue Sign and Entry Area, I would be willing to bet that this will not be the only sign for Diamondback, some seem to be forgetting that maverick actually has 2 signs...

One sign over the queue and one on the midway

maverick01.jpg_920.jpg

I also think they will "jazz" up the DB queue sign with some lights and random tools on the side.

I'm not guaranteeing anything but I think DB will also be getting a proper sign along these lines soon :D to signify exactly where to turn to enter the queue because it is kind of tucked away and deserves a sign like this. And for the record I love the DB sign!

The sign design is good, but the overall size of the wood compared to the logo is not. The wood is to big to fit with the small size of the logo which in turn makes your eye tell your brain to post on KICentral that the sign looks odd. ^_^

The sign just looks out of proportion to me. I think the entrance could have been really cool if they used the snake's mouth as the opening with the fangs on either side. I think that would have been appropriate for a ride of this magnitude and for what it has done for the park.

When I saw the sign that is exactly what i thought too. I think that would of looked cool. Also, I do not understand why Kings Island is printed on the sign. Did they think we would forget what park we were at? I think they could of did without adding that to the sign.

Exactly. Whenever someone takes a picture of that sign, they will know that Diamondback is at Kings Island. It really is no different than when Paramount owned the park and they liked to plaster the PKI logo all over the place, including on the lead car of many of the coaster trains.

Well, my guess as to why they put "Kings Island" on the sign is so that if someone takes a picture of the sign and posts it somewhere, people will know where it is from. That is just my guess.

Yay! You get a cookie! I never really thought of that before. Now looking back at old pictures like on coastergallery.com you see pictures like this and it makes sense to do that.

racer05.jpg

Yeah, I'm on the boat that's wondering why they need to put "Kings Island" on the sign....you're already in the park, and it's a huge iconic attraction; I'm pretty sure people will know where the coaster is if you see it in a picture. But whatever, it still looks nice.

I think the sign looks great! I love how they are making everything fit with Rivertown...the wood for the sign, the station, everything. If Paramount still would have owned KI the logo would be plastered on a stainless steel sign with bolts all over it. Plus, the splashdown would have been a gravel pit and it would have sprayed tiny rocks all over the guests of the park. Plus...if Paramount still owned KI we never would have had DB in the first place. ;) Or FOF for that matter!

~Ash

Well, you would have had and did have Flight of Fear in the first place...it just that that very installation now would be in at least a second place...

I knew when I wrote that post last night that you would say something about that! ;) I was just too tired to change it!

The sign isn't finished. I was at the park today and on the front of the sign, left side, they were painting something that said "DANGER AHEAD!" or something of that nature in white paint. I'm assuming they'll be painting something on the right side as well.

Cool! I'm on board with most people in saying that the logo looks great, but there needs to be more on the sign. Hopefully this will add to it.

With all that is happening to rivertown, with the changes and all, kinda makes ya wonder if thell eventually change the rivertown name.

I honestly think that isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

(Looks around to see if he sees Woofer around...) There are those who would say that the name has not changed, the theme already has...to a more western-oriented one and less of a Ohio River Valley one...