Diamondback's Entrance Sign!

BoddaH1994

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Rivertown isn't Western, it's supposed to be a Mining Town in the Ohio River Valley. A place where There aren't Diamondbacks, There aren't Whitewater Canyons, There aren't Tomb's, and there is probably not Beasts. And for some odd Reason, all are there...

They actually did when it was announced to the public! Who knows? They might just hire some of those actors back for Opening Day.

Those "actors" you speak of were actually park employees. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to get them back, except if they've moved on.

I just like the whole Diamondback theme in it's entirety. This sign just adds to it. It is so nice ( just in my personal opinion, please don't take off my head for this ) to see rides get original theming again, and not themes based on movies. This is a perfect and better than expected followup to Firehawk, and I can't wait to ride it and see all that it has to offer in person.

Oh. Sorry about that. I wouldn't mind seeing them again though. If they do have them back I hope it's for Media Day AND Opening Day. I think they added to the whole feel of the ride.

Agreed. I would think they wouldn't have a problem dressing up this time as it won't be 90 or so degrees out.

Well, in point, how many mines are there in the Ohio River valley?

In actuality, there is a mine about 3 miles down the road on Columbia Rd. near 48. It is a quarry mine for concrete aggregate, but a mine none the less. Also the Little Miami river was covered with mines for salt peter and other materials to make gun powder, i.e. Peters Cartridge just down the road on the river. The Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana area is rich with mines, every thing from salt to slate and we can't forget about coal just to name a few. I'm not trying to nag on you or any thing, just answering the question. Actually if you look up the history of mining in the area, it is a fascinating read.

I think the sign looks great! I love how they are making everything fit with Rivertown...the wood for the sign, the station, everything. If Paramount still would have owned KI the logo would be plastered on a stainless steel sign with bolts all over it. Plus, the splashdown would have been a gravel pit and it would have sprayed tiny rocks all over the guests of the park. Plus...if Paramount still owned KI we never would have had DB in the first place. ;) Or FOF for that matter!

~Ash

I am going to have to disagree, Paramount had many great ride signs such as Face off.. er Invert... Well it was Faceoff at the time so I will call it that,Drop Zone..er Nevermind, and SOB. Three of my favorite signs.