Another Good Reason To Process Your Pass Early

BoddaH1994

Make sure you process your 2009 Gold or Platinum Pass early before April 18 so you can enjoy early rides on Diamondback, a season-long perk, on Opening Day.

Information on early pass processing can be found on Kings Island's official web site.

For more information go to VisitKingsIsland.com or call the park directly at 1-800-288-0808.

• Like 1

I'm guessing that "early rides" mean that, in theory, you can ride Diamondback earlier if you process your pass before the 18th because you won't have to wait in line to process your pass that morning you can just go straight into the park. Although, according to the language in the first post, this is going to be an official ERT. If that's the case--then that's EXCELLENT news and it's going to cause quite a buzz.

It's important to say that, if you buy your pass online, the paper that you print out actually states that you can get in with that paper ONE time. After that one time, you need to have your picture taken. So, if you live far away and can't get your pass processed on opening day, and you bought your pass online, you shouldn't face a problem entering the park opening day with nothing but your print out. Or if you haven't bought your pass yet, just buy a regular admission ticket for opening day, enter the park, and then buy a pass later on that day. The amount you spent for your admission ticket will be deducted from the total amount for the season pass.

I'm guessing that "early rides" mean that, in theory, you can ride Diamondback earlier if you process your pass before the 18th because you won't have to wait in line to process your pass that morning you can just go straight into the park. Although, according to the language in the first post, this is going to be an official ERT. If that's the case--then that's EXCELLENT news and it's going to cause quite a buzz.

It's important to say that, if you buy your pass online, the paper that you print out actually states that you can get in with that paper ONE time. After that one time, you need to have your picture taken. So, if you live far away and can't get your pass processed on opening day, and you bought your pass online, you shouldn't face a problem entering the park opening day with nothing but your print out. Or if you haven't bought your pass yet, just buy a regular admission ticket for opening day, enter the park, and then buy a pass later on that day. The amount you spent for your admission ticket will be deducted from the total amount for the season pass.

[/quote bravo4460]

SO on opening day will i be able to use the paper pass to get in early on the Diamondback and then after i ride it go process my pass? and i called and on opening day you do get in the park 30 min early.

^ I wouldn't necessarily count on that. See below.

It's important to say that, if you buy your pass online, the paper that you print out actually states that you can get in with that paper ONE time. After that one time, you need to have your picture taken. So, if you live far away and can't get your pass processed on opening day, and you bought your pass online, you shouldn't face a problem entering the park opening day with nothing but your print out.

That may or may not be true. In the Paramount days, even though the season pass voucher from online purchases said that, the pass had to be processed first before you could enter the park. This may have changed over the years with the new owners, or it may not have. Call the park for clarification on this.

I can not stress this enough, the best time to process your pass is during these early processing dates in April. Typically very short lines.

http://visitkingsisland.com/events/events.cfm?ec_id=27

If you check out this link, ERT's do not start until April 24th. Wishful thinking on opening day though.

I'm thinking that if Ryan posted what he did, he got word from under the black hat that there will be ERT on opening day. Typically if he posts something, it is true unless it's changed by park management later. The park website may not have changed to reflect this yet.

This information was given to me by the park. Barring outside interference that is out of the control of the park such as a weather delay, they plan on doing the early rides on the 18th. This, of course, will be after the first riders get to ride.

I realize that Kings Island's site does not yet reflect this, so feel free to call the park directly at 1-800-288-0808 for further details.

Speaking of first riders -- we're less than a week away from the Diamondback First Rider Auction closing, which will be next Wednesday, April 15th at 8:30am. Remember that 100% of the proceeds will benefit A Kid Again - a charitable service to help local children in need. A Kid Again is a 501 ©(3) non-profit organization and all bids are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the IRS code. Click here for more information about the Diamondback Auction!

It is on the site http://www.visitkingsisland.com/news/detail.cfm?item_id=859 or it looks that way to me.

Kings Island opens Saturday, April 18 at 10:00am. Early access on Diamondback and The Beast for Gold and Platinum passholders begins at 9:00am. The park is closed Sunday, April 19 and re-opens Friday, April 24 for preview weekends through Sunday, May 17. Daily operation begins Friday, May 22.

• Like 1

Man am I glad I was wrong about the no ERT on opening day!!! I cant wait to ride The Beast!!! We are taking our kids with us on opening day (ages 5 & 8) They are not tall enough to ride Diamondback so we will ride it on another visit to the park.

So whee do you go to get in to the park for ERT? Just the normal gate?

They should have signs. They did last year at Cedar Point. You go through the normal gate and then follow the signs to wherever they're letting people through. I'm guessing it will be the formerly blocked path behind the Eiffel Tower.

So whee do you go to get in to the park for ERT? Just the normal gate?

They should have signs. They did last year at Cedar Point. You go through the normal gate and then follow the signs to wherever they're letting people through. I'm guessing it will be the formerly blocked path behind the Eiffel Tower.

I really wish that they would open all of International Street when the park opens...like it used to be. Maybe they will now and just block off the section that used to be blocked off before rides open over there near Eiffel Tower, AKA the section that was entirely closed last year.

Hopefully KI/Don makes clear the details for the First Ride Auction winners, more so now that it appears there is, indeed, D-back ERT on opening day!

Man, you're not kidding. It appears that this is going to push the first ride a full hour prior to when it was "originally" scheduled.

That was the worst part about working in the Emporium. First set of stores to open in the morning and last set to close. If you worked opening shift you had to be there before 8 a.m. to get the store ready to open at 9. I remember having to be at work at 7 a.m. a couple days when we were changing window displays, and other days working well past midnight while they cleared I-street.

Yes, but think of all the nickels Kinzel & Co. are missing out on by not allowing access to those shops and some food stands in the morning. Yeah, they save a bit on labor, but boy oh boy are they passing up on per caps...per caps that could help to either pay off the debt or even pay Mr. Kinzel & Co.'s. abundant salaries and bonuses. It maketh no sense. Worse, this ridiculously stupid practice was started by CBS. I am rather stunned it has continued.

Honestly though, there was very little traffic in the mornings. Those that came in just browsed, it was rare that we had any sales before 10 a.m. They probably looked at how much was being spent in each store during that extra hour and compared it to the extra labor, and decided it wasn't worth it.

Now, at closing however, we were always swamped. We were ringing sales up until security started chasing people out!

What time does the parking lot open on April 18? Also, will the gates to the park open at 9 since that is when ERT start, or will the gates open prior to 9 am? Also, are ERT's usually packed? I know this is opening day and a new roller coaster is opening, but... Final question, will the First Rider Auction rides be at 9 am, 10 am, or even before 9 am?

Thanks!!!