Another Good Reason To Process Your Pass Early

BoddaH1994

The thing that worries me is if they do not open International Street all the way to Starbucks then the crowd will congregate by Graeters by the Nickelodeon Universe gateway. I shutter the thought of small children in the mix with over stimulated guests jockeying for position close to rope drop and worse trying to stay out of the way of the running for the first ride of the day.

Honestly though, there was very little traffic in the mornings. Those that came in just browsed, it was rare that we had any sales before 10 a.m. They probably looked at how much was being spent in each store during that extra hour and compared it to the extra labor, and decided it wasn't worth it.

Now, at closing however, we were always swamped. We were ringing sales up until security started chasing people out!

Also violakat03 I can tell you that in fact that my family would do as you said and browse so that later in the day we would make the purchase. On days we did not browse early we never returned to my delite later in the day. Now we would buy early but because of the high cost of lockers and no option of holding our purchases until later in the day we choose not to purchase early as that would cause us the need to carry our purchase all day and risk losing it.

I'm sure somebody is going to say call the park...and that is the best idea, actually.

1-800-288-0808, or visit their contact page:

The contact page is http://www.visitkingsisland.com/contact.cfm

We are going to KI to process our passes later this afternoon, so I will ask then. Will I be allowed to post what I am told at the park, so others that read this will know?

So whee do you go to get in to the park for ERT? Just the normal gate?

They should have signs. They did last year at Cedar Point. You go through the normal gate and then follow the signs to wherever they're letting people through. I'm guessing it will be the formerly blocked path behind the Eiffel Tower.

Don was on "In the Loop" this week and he made mention of a "Gold Pass Entrance." I would keep my eyes open for something like that. It makes sense to me, but time will ultimately tell.

I don't appear to have pictures of it, but it's the small row of metal detectors that are just to the left of the main row of them. It's kind of in the middle of the long row of windows. I want to say it's between lost and found and the ticket windows, but it's a bit...I can't believe I have to say this...blurry which windows are what.

I'm aware that some of you live just minutes from KI and couldn't care less about what time to be at the park, but there are some people that are driving for hours to come to KI on opening day. Understandably, they would like to know what time to be here.

It is 5 days until opening day and 41 hours until the auction ends. This should be confirmed by now. Forgive me for sounding snappy, but I don't think this is too much to ask.

Well the auction ends while I'm at work and I don't have access to a computer there.. OK! So I guess it's all just going to be one big surprise. "I don't know" is an unacceptable answer to me, but I guess that is what I must keep telling the people asking as the clock continues to tick.

Angie,

If I recall, I think it was mentioned that the auction winners would ride at or soon after 9 AM, after which there will be ERT until park opening. So, if you either want in on the ert or are an auction winner, I'd say get there about 8:30ish and be waiting by the ropes at 9 AM.

Angie,

If I recall, I think it was mentioned that the auction winners would ride at or soon after 9 AM, after which there will be ERT until park opening. So, if you either want in on the ert or are an auction winner, I'd say get there about 8:30ish and be waiting by the ropes at 9 AM.

Thanks. It's nice to see an answer other than "Details haven't been confirmed yet." or "i dunno lolz." That wasn't flying with me this close to opening day.

Ang,

If your bid holds and you're an auction winner, I'm sure the park will provide further details on where to go once inside the park after the auction wraps on Wednesday and the bids are all confirmed. Look forward to seeing you there on Sat!

I'm sure the park will provide further details on where to go

I was afraid they would tell me to go after my last few posts in this thread! :lol:

But, as I have learned in many of life's situations, you can only be nice for so long.. sometimes the claws must come out before you get the answer you want! ;)

Angie,

The First Ride Auction winners will be riding prior to 9 am. Then, ERT start at 9 am.

Once again, I am confused. Two totally different answers and still no clarification. Tomorrow marks 4 days until opening day.. is there a problem we are not aware of?

What I am asking is, does ERT for passholders start at 9, or do the auction riders get to ride at 9?

There is a possibility that I may have one of the seats on the first six trains if my bid stays on the board. And I have friends coming from hours away that are repeatedly asking me what time to be there on opening day.

I am sorry for asking such a stupid and difficult question.

What I am asking is, does ERT for passholders start at 9, or do the auction riders get to ride at 9?

There is a possibility that I may have one of the seats on the first six trains if my bid stays on the board. And I have friends coming from hours away that are repeatedly asking me what time to be there on opening day.

I am sorry for asking such a stupid and difficult question.

I emailed Mr. Helbig yesterday (Sunday) to get clarification as to when the First Rider Auction rides are, when ERT begins, etc. He responded by saying, "There are early rides at 9am on April 18 for gold and platinum pass holders. Auction riders will ride before 9am." (I added the color and boldness for emphasis; he didn't). Now, the park may change the times, but as of yesterday and to Mr. Helbig's knowledge, auction winners ride prior to 9 am and ERT begins at 9 am.

I hope this helps you and your friends, Angie. :)

I have friends coming from hours away that are repeatedly asking me what time to be there on opening day.

Angie,

A couple things - Keep in mind all the CPers will probably need to spend some time getting their pass vouchers accepted to get in the park (I'm assuming here) - and it will probably be busy that day so it may take some time. I'd definitely encourage everyone to show up at 8:30 if not earlier.

Thing 2 - Most of the gang are enthusiasts enthusiasts, they will understand waiting, especially for a new ride. I hope your bid makes it!!!

Now make sure not to wear out all the 'new coaster smell' on Saturday, I will be there on Friday the 24th adding a few coasters to my list and seeing how close DB is to Behemoth.