I got it as well, the link goes to an adult web site. I was more worried if opening it put a virus on my comp. I wonder if anyone that clicks on that message reallt take time to look at the site or just close the window p***ed off. I wonder why people do this. I guess this must work or they wouldn't do it. It just amazes me.

They do it because it works. Regardless of education level, status, life experience, etc., if you can get your foot in the proverbial door, you can sell anyone anything.

I used to work for a soliciting company. I had to say I was with a particular political figure's office in Washington. (I wasn't. I was in Green, Ohio, and had never met the politician or anyone even remotely associated with him. I had to lie to earn my paycheck :angry: ). I followed carefully-written scripts over the phone, offering potential "donors" an "honorary chairman" position on some important-sounding committee. When I was successful, the company got anywhere from a $500 to an $8,000 "donation", and the new "honorary chairman" got a $3, Taiwan-imported gavel and a $0.50 paper document with their name on it. I felt cheesy and ashamed, but somehow met my quota every week. (I finally quit when I got sick of lying to people.)

Watch out for any e-mail or PM that asks for 'help', or that comes from someone whose name or screen name you've never seen before.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it too. Very dissapointing and distasteful to receive something like that, especially through KICentral. What mentality says, o.k., today I am going to send adult material to a family oriented web page? And to those that did it, I certainly hope they are reading this, though I doubt it.

It was, without a doubt, a bot...a robot that sends stuff. And at least some people respond to these things, or it wouldn't happen...except sometimes what it appears to be is not what it is...it can be very nasty viruses or malware. Best bet is not to click on any link from any message from a person you don't know, especially if you don't have anti-virus software installed, but even if you do.

Also, if someone spams these forums, do NOT reply. Doing so gives them attention. Instead, hit the report button at the bottom left of the post, it's the second one in...and report it. A mod will remove it.

The user was banned as soon as we were informed of the incident. A special thanks goes out to everyone who let us know what was going on.

Ryan

Ryan, I think the thanks goes to the tremendous job the moderators do in maintaining this site. I have not had neraly the same response time or level of support with other indistry sites!

Thank you!