New for 05-06

Chris Pki Fan

If you went on the tour Jeff gave out alot of hints if you listned hard. First thing he said that PKI is going to focus on the family experence by in the future making PKI the place for family's to go on vacation in the mid-west. He stated that PKI was going to step up it Live shows and possibly bring back Winterfest.

Next he hinted by saying that they have worked on Action Zone, Rivertown, Nick Central, and now boomerang bay. Then He said put it together and figure out where future expanson is going to go. Then Someone Asked isn't there a problem with land and no access to back areas of the park. Jeff replied As of now no but we have massive amounts of land and access can be fixed. What is in store for Coney Mall and Octoberfest wait and find out.

As for 2004 He hinted that one day you might just sit on TR:TR and everything could be diffrent. Also stated there PKI was looking into improving theming and bringing back old theming like under Top Gun. I can't wait for the next couple of years.

well, unfortunately i was sick and unable to make it sunday, so i did not get to hear the hints or pick up on anythihg jeff may have said. I do however still have faith that 05 will be the year of the beemer at PKI... we are way overdue for a coaster by one of the greatest manufacturer's in the world... B&M. :cowboy:

I took what he said as kind of a hint at a coaster for 05. If you remember, he would say "no" to things, but when he wanted to say yes, he couldn't say it but he would definitely imply it. When people would ask about a coaster, he would kind give a "Next year will be Boomerang Bay, but know knows that the next year will bring" answer. He didn't say those exact words, but it was in that kind of context. I also noticed that he said, "We have taken a few years off from building coasters to offer different types of attractions." I kind of take that as an implication that their run of taking years off from coasters is nearly over. Oh well, that's my take on the words from the man.

-Ryan

I'd love to see one from a company that we haven't seen yet. PKI is very B&M worthy. Intamin would be cool too. To be honest, I really like traditional steel coasters like The Vortex, so I hope it's not something too 'out there' although I would set my feelings aside for a 4d. :D

Yeah that does seem to happen every year. Our last major coaster was in 2000, so we are way overdue. Our last B and M was..........NEVER! SO I am hoping for some type of B and M. I would like to see a floorless over a flyer, flyers just don't have many elements they can put with them. I think something is going on with the theme for a new ride as Time Line, for some reason they added "Go see Time Line" on their homepage so maybe something is going on with that. We also can't forget that B and M is working on a couple new coasterIdeals, they are working on the sidewinder, and they are also working on a 4-d. I don' think PKI will get either of these though. As for whats coming in the future, who knows.

Jeff has been saying next year the park will be concentrating on theming. It's pretty much safe to say now that PKI will add a coaster for either the '05 or '06 season. I also think that this coaster won't be themed. This is because it is very hard to theme a coaster and it cost extra bucks.

• 1 month later...

I wonder where they keep the master plan? I'm sure it's someplace interesting, like a hidden compartment in the admin building or something. J/K. I know i have never seen anything like it... of course I don't really go looking for it.

It would be cool to have a job like Jeff's and know what is in store for the future of the park. Then again, he is in marketing, so he knows how to handle information and people and he could really know nothing and just be blowing smoke...

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, there is a good reason that the homepage says go see Timeline. It's a Paramount movie and it's free advertising. I'm not saying that they won't do something with Timeline, but there's not always a hidden reason for them to do something like that. What I can't figure out is why they waited until now to advertise Paramount Movies on their web site. Like I said, it's free advertising and I'm sure a lot of the people who go to their parks go to the movies. Seems like a logical step to me.

Very true. Just because a movie is advertised on the park's website doesn't mean that they are going to make a ride out of it. I think they have changed the ad to the Perfect Score now, and I don't see a ride coming out of that, but I could be wrong.

• 5 years later...
From the very post in this thread, back in 2003:

If you went on the tour Jeff gave out alot of hints if you listned hard....

As for 2004 He hinted that one day you might just sit on TR:TR and everything could be diffrent....

I'm telling you, the man was clairvoyant!

dang you dug this thread outta the vault :P