Ride Diamondback With Tony & Tyler! contest

Go Browns

From Cedar Point's facebook:

Today at 12:01pm Attention, Facebook fans!

Ohio is full of great options when it comes to coasters, rides and waterpark fun. Now, we're giving you the opportunity to "test drive" what Cedar Fair's Platinum Pass has to offer.

We're inviting one lucky winner (and their guest) to join Tony & Tyler at Kings Island in Cincinnati on Friday, April 17 for the media preview of their new steel monster, Diamondback!

Be the first to conquer this steel serpent and ride over and over and over again! Try the front seat. Try the back seat. Try the middle seat!

How do you enter?

Send a postcard with your Name, Address, Phone Number and Email to:

Cedar Point Facebook Contest

1 Cedar Point Drive

Sandusky, OH 44870

Here's the catch: ALL POSTCARDS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY SATURDAY, APRIL 11! You have just a few days to get your card in the mail.

We'll announce the winner here on Facebook by April 15.

GOOD LUCK!

RULES:

- One entry per person, per household. Duplicates will be excluded.

- Winner must provide own transportation to Kings Island as well as any costs incurred while doing so.

- This is a working media event. Delays for filming and taping are possible.

- You may be interviewed and/or filmed during this event and permit Cedar Fair to use your likeness in and on any website, advertising or other communication.

- Invitation is non-transferable and winner must follow all rider and safety requirements for Diamondback. For more information on the ride, visit www.kiDiamondback.com.

- More details to be provided to the winner.

Tony screams like a girl on coasters I've ridden with him before :lol:

As for Tyler, the lights have a way of going out when he's around (you'll have to ask him about the night the lights went out at CP in '00)

Classic!

A cool contest none the less!

Tony screams like a girl on coasters I've ridden with him before :lol:

As for Tyler, the lights have a way of going out when he's around (you'll have to ask him about the night the lights went out at CP in '00)

Classic!

A cool contest none the less!

Who are Tony and Tyler?

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

I Was Just Talking With The Operation Manager ANd He Said That The Media Release Is Strictly For Press ONLY!!!

How Are You Guys Geting In!!

Cedar Point PR people...and darn good ones, too.

I Was Just Talking With The Operation Manager ANd He Said That The Media Release Is Strictly For Press ONLY!!!

Uh, they work there?

Others are working media. And THEY don't begin every word of a sentence with capital letters!

Still others won or will win contests.

Still others won't be getting in.

That's they way it always is.

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
Cedar Point PR people...and darn good ones, too.

Uh, they work there?

Others are working media. And THEY don't begin every word of a sentence with capital letters!

Still others won or will win contests.

Still others won't be getting in.

That's they way it always is.

Hello again Interpreter.

I did not know they worked their,actually they work at Cedar Point.

I just now found out who Tony And Tyler Were,Thanks

I didn't read here that anyone said they were going/invited-they are just entering the contest.

Tony and Tyler are employees of CP-which translates into CF. They both work in the PR department so based on those 2 things naturally they can go/are invited to media day.

I am quite sure they cleared it with KI to run the contest.

Media days may sound like fun but if it's for a ride like TTD they can really bite.

Thunder and rain in morning, then humid and HOT by afternoon. Ride kept breaking down. My daughter and I got 2 rides in 10 hours. CP was passing water out to people in line to keep them from passing out. They had to extend the lunch times cause most of the invited guests were stuck on the lines and couldn't get to the restaurant in time.

That was officially the day we named TTD "No Thrill Dumpster" :angry:

I was thankful to have been invited-but it was by far not the reride-fest we had hoped for!

Thank goodness DB is a B&M and not an Intamin!! :lol:

Jo

^I think it has more to do with the ride styles than the brand name. See MF, S:ROS, etc., which run very efficiently. Also see Deja Vu, a B&M that ran so inefficently they had to tear it down at SFGAm.

• Like 1

Actually Deja Vu was built by Vekoma not B&M and I wouldn't say MF runs efficiently as they still have problems frequently with the cable lift system. MF is still no where as efficient as a B&M.

Have to totally agree!!! :P

I can remember MANY visits to CP when MF was down for something or another.

Since I was on the Raptor crew for 3 years I am well aware of how the coaster is built and the quality put behind it.

The only major downtime things I can think of in the past 5 years is when the 1st test train of the season valleyed (or is it vallied?) but was removed before opening day. In '02 ('03?) 2 trains got stuck on the lift hill, then I believe in '05 one of the test trains valleyed (vallied?) on closing day.

Raptor does go down now and then but it is never anything that usually isnt rectified within a reasonable amount of time.

I think B&Ms are the Toyotas or Hondas of coasters :rolleyes:

Intamins are the ***** (fill in your own least favorite car company here) :angry:

• Like 1

Actually Deja Vu was built by Vekoma not B&M and I wouldn't say MF runs efficiently as they still have problems frequently with the cable lift system. MF is still no where as efficient as a B&M.

Whoops, my mistake. I suppose I'm a little biased, as I'm a big Intamin fan. I like their track style a lot more. B&M's is so bulky it feels like you're on a hilly road.. :P But it's still a very fun road!