Realistically, how many Diamondback Opening Day rides do you expect?

tigellinus

A warning to those living in the vicinity of Kings Island and plan on visiting said park on the 18th of April:

A new breed of snake (deriving from the Crotalus adamanteus of the Southeastern United States) has been let loose among the confines of a local amusement park in Cincinnati, OH, and is the harbinger of a deadly new virus within its venom, one that is all but impossible to get rid of. Any attempts to rid the body of the venom will be futile. Once one has been bitten, all hope is lost.

Symptoms include (but not limited to):

-rapid heart rate increases
-inescapable feelings of weightlessness
-panic-induced euphoria (screaming, crying, laughter are common ailments)

Any sharp pains, rattling, or vibrations are nonexistent when first bitten (and instead of a quiet hissing, the snake emits a loud roar when it attacks), but the toxins in the venom kick in after the victim escapes. Just like its eyes, the venom of said snake causes a trance-like state to where the victim is drawn back to the predator for multiple attacks; one strike is never enough.

In extreme cases, prey who have fallen victim to the snake's attack have been diagnosed with the disease bolligeri mabillardis. This disease causes said prey to be drawn to creatures of a similar nature that reside across the continent; accounts of bolligeri mabillardis have been taken from locations such as Northern Ohio, Texas, Virginia, New Jersey, Illinois, Georgia and parts of Canada.

Thus this warning is given out: Once you provoke the snake, prepare for a gut-wrenching experience unlike anything you have ever witnessed before. For those who have already been bitten (or who have contracted bolligeri mabillardis from the other creatures).....well, you were already warned now, weren't you? ;)

...yeah, I got bored, so I wrote that up there. :rolleyes:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^That's cute...

Personally, I'm really looking forward to riding The Crypt. With all the aesthetic improvements made to Rivertown this season, I'm wondering if the park has made any to the Crypt. Regardless, it's always a great ride to ride and the employees there are always entertaining.

Woot! Another person who likes the Crypt! I enjoy the ride, despite the lack of theming, because the line is usually short and the ride is real fun, and you get sweet shots of Diamondback from the exit!

Here here on digging the Crypt!! TR:TR was a total bore, btw, Jackson, have you been on any other Top Spin? Specifically any outdoors!?

That was a really fun read. I also saved it, along with who wrote it of course. Judging from cases similar, it is also treatable with the venom of other similar Beasts. It is with much regret that I must inform you that I have many, many similar infections. I'm glad they don't leave scars! (usually)

A warning to those living in the vicinity of Kings Island and plan on visiting said park on the 18th of April:

A new breed of snake (deriving from the Crotalus adamanteus of the Southeastern United States) has been let loose among the confines of a local amusement park in Cincinnati, OH, and is the harbinger of a deadly new virus within its venom, one that is all but impossible to get rid of. Any attempts to rid the body of the venom will be futile. Once one has been bitten, all hope is lost.

Symptoms include (but not limited to):

-rapid heart rate increases

-inescapable feelings of weightlessness

-panic-induced euphoria (screaming, crying, laughter are common ailments)

Any sharp pains, rattling, or vibrations are nonexistent when first bitten (and instead of a quiet hissing, the snake emits a loud roar when it attacks), but the toxins in the venom kick in after the victim escapes. Just like its eyes, the venom of said snake causes a trance-like state to where the victim is drawn back to the predator for multiple attacks; one strike is never enough.

In extreme cases, prey who have fallen victim to the snake's attack have been diagnosed with the disease bolligeri mabillardis. This disease causes said prey to be drawn to creatures of a similar nature that reside across the continent; accounts of bolligeri mabillardis have been taken from locations such as Northern Ohio, Texas, Virginia, New Jersey, Illinois, Georgia and parts of Canada.

Thus this warning is given out: Once you provoke the snake, prepare for a gut-wrenching experience unlike anything you have ever witnessed before. For those who have already been bitten (or who have contracted bolligeri mabillardis from the other creatures).....well, you were already warned now, weren't you? ;)

...yeah, I got bored, so I wrote that up there. :rolleyes:

Love it!

As long as I get one ride on DB on opening day I'll be happy! Although my mom and dad are meeting us there later in the day...maybe 6:00pm, so if they want us to wait in line again to ride it with them, we will. That is, if they want to ride it! They already said they are too scared! :P

I just still can't believe that we've been talking/speculating about this ride since 2007 and in just a few short days we will get to experience it for ourselves! :D

~Ash

I know it doesnt make since but i think they probably want to make sure non pass holders and get a t shirt as well. just see i know it is impossible to have 10,000 gold passholders through the ride by the hour is up but you never know what could happen.

just see i know it is impossible to have 10,000 gold passholders through the ride by the hour is up but you never know what could happen.

According to the Diamondback media kit, the hourly capacity of Diamondback will be 1,620 riders. If they start right at 9:00, and consistently work at this rate, that leaves the general public until around 3:30 to get through the line and ride. I think they're safe!

Can anyone describe the ride experience on a B & M coaster for those of us that haven't had the privelege to ride one?

I describe it to people as riding a coaster on a Lazy Boy chair!!

It's BY FAR the most comfy riding experience for ANY high thrill coaster! It's also totally different than any other steel sit-down coaster as usually all those come with dynamic intensity and forceful direction changes (Intamin hypers, Giovanola's, Morgan) or just jerky-ness (Arrow), but the B&M hypers are radically different...super smooth (non-inverting) with a very free feeling going up and down the hills. It really feels like you're flying above the tree-tops and not aboard coaster track...the experience is similar to Delirium, but on a coaster.

It's really the Cadillac of coasters!! Some (like Terpy) think they can be too smooth or controlled (over-engineered) like with Apollo's Chariot and it's not much different than a coaster simulator with a fan.

But I thought Behemoth took things to a whole different level and was a billion times better than Nitro or any other B&M hyper (and I've been on all in N. America), so I really think Diamondback could be the best yet!! :D

I couldn't have said it better. I'll add to it that when B&M decided that their hypers were going to be more up and down rather than have more laterals (i.e., Raging Bull) that the experiences have vastly improved. Behemoth is, by far, the best B&M hyper IMO and Diamondback should be in the same mold.

I'm actually more interested in a night ride on Diamondback. Having said that, we've made plans to get there early, take a spin and then come back and get in line somewhere before closing. It'd be nice to be able to experience the day/night effect!

Personally, I'm really looking forward to riding The Crypt. With all the aesthetic improvements made to Rivertown this season, I'm wondering if the park has made any to the Crypt. Regardless, it's always a great ride to ride and the employees there are always entertaining.

Oh yes, VERY entertaining ;) .

Realistically, probably 0. I may or may not go on opening day but riding Diamondback is not a high priority for me. I'm sure it's going to be a great ride and all but I'll get to it when I get to it. To be honest I still haven't ridden Firehawk yet. I rode it as X-Flight, and I'm sure it's better now but same as Diamondback, I'll get to it when I get to it.

It's going to be very difficult visiting a park with no FASTPASS® type system.