Realistically, how many Diamondback Opening Day rides do you expect?

tigellinus

I have ridden a few B&Ms.

Kumba- Some headbanging, but a fun ride.

Montu- My favorite Invert, smooth and full of G's.

SheiKra- Short but sweet, Very smooth.

Goliath SFOG- Amazing, great airtime, good laterals in Helix, pure awesome.

Scorcher- Great standup, amazing G's, some airtime, no headbanging.

Batman clones- Very intense, and tons of G's, Great ride!

Superman clones- Boring, no G's at all except in the pretzel loop, painful.

Raptor- Intense, Great G's, some headbanging.

Mantis- First half good, second half painful.

Raging Bull- Good airtime, I loved the first generation hammerhead turns, and the twisted part was full of laterals.

Iron Wolf- Great ride, smooth, airtime, great lateral G's.

Also on Ride Warriors Weekend, I'll probably get over 30 rides in on Diamondback!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone describe the ride experience on a B & M coaster for those of us that haven't had the privelege to ride one?

I describe it to people as riding a coaster on a Lazy Boy chair!!

It's BY FAR the most comfy riding experience for ANY high thrill coaster! It's also totally different than any other steel sit-down coaster as usually all those come with dynamic intensity and forceful direction changes (Intamin hypers, Giovanola's, Morgan) or just jerky-ness (Arrow), but the B&M hypers are radically different...super smooth (non-inverting) with a very free feeling going up and down the hills. It really feels like you're flying above the tree-tops and not aboard coaster track...the experience is similar to Delirium, but on a coaster.

It's really the Cadillac of coasters!! Some (like Terpy) think they can be too smooth or controlled (over-engineered) like with Apollo's Chariot and it's not much different than a coaster simulator with a fan.

But I thought Behemoth took things to a whole different level and was a billion times better than Nitro or any other B&M hyper (and I've been on all in N. America), so I really think Diamondback could be the best yet!! :D

2 for sure (right at ERT and timed so that I get a night ride) perhaps 3 if the line is short enough that I get off the ride and back in line before 10 (doubtful.)

Ive been on loads of B&Ms My top ten:

1. Alpengeist-Amazing, currently steel coaster #1. The opening combo of the drop, diving loop, vertical loop and cobra roll is just incredible. The rest of the ride, while still fun is not as amazing due to a usually hard MCBR.

2. Raptor-Most of you have ridden it, but that helix that ends the ride is right below The Beast's helix as my favorite last element on any ride

3. Montu-Alpies little brother, it has the unique batwing inversion and half burried elements, but for some reason does not pack the punch of the rides above it.

4(t). Raging Bull-Ive ridden this ride when that 3rd hill trim was not working, thats why its up here, because the ride is seriously amazing when that happens, otherwise its still got a lot of fun and air.

4(t). Apollo's Chariot-The more I ride this one, the higher up it goes in the rankings, lots of air on this.

5-6. Dueling Dragons: Fire more then Ice, this ride's dueling feature is just so much fun, especially on the vertical loop.

7. B:TR clones (GAm, OT, OG): As others have said, no coaster packs so much punch with so little track.

8. Batman Knight Flight: Still my favorite floorless, loved the local it once was located and is really similar to the pacing of Alpengeist

9. Kracken: Great ride

10. Kumba: Again great ride

The Rest:

-Georgia Scorcher (only standup I like)

-Talon

-Great Bear

-Shikra

-S:UF (GAm and OG)

-Mantis

-Iron Wolf

It will be the first ride i hit. I will try to get to the parking gate before anyone else so i can get my spot. and that will free up my day to ride everything else multiple times. Cause i really believe the focus will be around that and it will be like a madhouse.

Plop.

(User has fainted)

...And this one almost died laughing, but is now in recovery.

I rode Goliath at Spring Fling, and if it's any indication, Diamondback will be awesome. The hills - one after another - are all air laden. The trim on Goliath made me mad - but what's unusual about that? It still ended up in my #1 spot, so whether Diamondback takes it will depend on two things - the trim and the mid-course - mostly the latter. Goliath's double helix turnaround really was amazing for me. The g's were wonderful, and I think it even beat The Beast's helix as my favorite helix on a coaster.

I have ridden a few B&Ms....

Iron Wolf- Great ride, smooth, airtime, great lateral G's....

Plop.

(User has fainted)

Call me crazy, but it was a great ride! I had one headbanging on one of the 'banked s-bend airtime hills.' And with the exception of that, the ride was smooth, and very fun.

I know Angie it does seem so surreal! Can anyone describe the ride experience on a B & M coaster for those of us that haven't had the privelege to ride one?

I have been on Kumba, SheiKra, Montu, Kraken, Wildfire and others, but I have never been able to experience a B&M Hyper, and I'm psyched. I have to say all the B&Ms I've ridden were absolutely awesome. Awesome.

^Exactly. I live two and a half hours away and I'm leaving at like 6 to get there around 830. You know you're a coaster geek when you get up early to wait in line to get into a park to wait in line to get to a ride to wait in line....lol

couldn't have said it better myself! :rolleyes:

I know Angie it does seem so surreal! Can anyone describe the ride experience on a B & M coaster for those of us that haven't had the privelege to ride one?

I have only been on one and it was Appolo's Chariot. It was about 4 years ago when I rode it. I remember feeling very free on it because of the restraints. It also had great air time, if I remember correctly

^What is the night row?

Also, I plan on getting at least one, maybe two. One right when ERT starts in the front row and then hopefully one ride in the very back.

Also, what row would there be the most air time in? The back row?

Riding in the night row is always a great adventure.

And other B & M hypers all deliver the best air in the back row...night or day...

I'm only expecting one as I would like to ride some other rides that day and not waste my ticket. I really think that this whole ERT PLUS the auction are going to throw a wrench into the morning rides. Dealing with the two of those on top of GP wanting to ride...thats going to make for a mighty long line in the morning. I really hope this doesnt turn out to be such a long line that I only make it to like four rides thay day! What do you guys think?

Personally, I'm really looking forward to riding The Crypt. With all the aesthetic improvements made to Rivertown this season, I'm wondering if the park has made any to the Crypt. Regardless, it's always a great ride to ride and the employees there are always entertaining.

Woot! Another person who likes the Crypt! I enjoy the ride, despite the lack of theming, because the line is usually short and the ride is real fun, and you get sweet shots of Diamondback from the exit!

Personally, I'm really looking forward to riding The Crypt. With all the aesthetic improvements made to Rivertown this season, I'm wondering if the park has made any to the Crypt. Regardless, it's always a great ride to ride and the employees there are always entertaining.

Woot! Another person who likes the Crypt! I enjoy the ride, despite the lack of theming, because the line is usually short and the ride is real fun, and you get sweet shots of Diamondback from the exit!

Lack of theming? It is probably the most themed ride at KI... I love the theming for Crypt, it makes a great ride alot greater!

Not to mention how refreshing the cold quene (Spelling?) line is during a hot summer day!!

I love the Crypt. It has so many great forces and best of all, hang time. It is by far my favorite flat.