Are you addicted?....

kjkjkj

As the off-season comes to a close, I thought this would be a funny topic to make. Are you addicted to Kings Island's Blue Icecream? Do you crave it often? Do you have to get it almost every time you go to the park? If so, then you are addicted to blue icecream, and you're not alone :lol:

Bue Icecream is amazing. Some people love it, some people hate it, I don't think there is an in between :lol:

Anyways, you can get Blue Icecrean at the "blue icecream" place in Nick Universe, or you can get it at the "IceScream" place in Action Zone, the place by Delerium.

As the off-season comes to a close, I thought this would be a funny topic to make. Are you addicted to Kings Island's Blue Icecream? Do you crave it often? Do you have to get it almost every time you go to the park? If so, then you are addicted to blue icecream, and you're not alone :lol:

I refuse to answer. Some years back, some of our family friends had a little store in KI. Well they sold "Smurfberry" ice cream in their Hanna Barbarra located store. Their "Smurfberry" ice cream was such a big hit, Kings Island kicked him out of the park but kept the "Smurfberry". How? When you sell something in the park, like food, Kings Island has the rights to that recipe without asking perrmision. They are sneaky like that. And you also can't take them to court because in your contract, it says that Kings Island has the rights to all your products.

I refuse to answer. Some years back, some of our family friends had a little store in KI. Well they sold "Smurfberry" ice cream in their Hanna Barbarra located store. Their "Smurfberry" ice cream was such a big hit, Kings Island kicked him out of the park but kept the "Smurfberry". How? When you sell something in the park, like food, Kings Island has the rights to that recipe without asking perrmision. They are sneaky like that. And you also can't take them to court because in your contract, it says that Kings Island has the rights to all your products.

I can tell you they needed permission to use the "Smurf" name..... But there is no possible way this is still true. KI does not now own the recipes of Subway, Skyline, Starbucks, etc.

I can tell you they needed permission to use the "Smurf" name..... But there is no possible way this is still true. KI does not now own the recipes of Subway, Skyline, Starbucks, etc.

How do you know that? Like i said, when you sign the contract, you are basically giving up all your rights to that product. Ever notice how their LaRoses or Skyline tastes just a bit different than the other LaRoses or Skyline places? They just change the recipe ever so slightly so the owners won't come back and sue them. You don't have to believe me, and honestly, I don't care if you do. And Kings Island didn't use the "Smurf" name. They changed it after the people got kicked out of the park. Those people used to own a little ice cream shop at the Butler County Fair and a Kings Island Representive(sp?) asked them if they would want to sell their product at Kings Island, and they said yes. Don't think for a second that Kings Island wouldn't do that. You do what you have to do to make money, and thats how it will always be.

How do you know that? Like i said, when you sign the contract, you are basically giving up all your rights to that product. Ever notice how their LaRoses or Skyline tastes just a bit different than the other LaRoses or Skyline places? They just change the recipe ever so slightly so the owners won't come back and sue them. You don't have to believe me, and honestly, I don't care if you do. And Kings Island didn't use the "Smurf" name. They changed it after the people got kicked out of the park. Those people used to own a little ice cream shop at the Butler County Fair and a Kings Island Representive(sp?) asked them if they would want to sell their product at Kings Island, and they said yes. Don't think for a second that Kings Island wouldn't do that. You do what you have to do to make money, and thats how it will always be.

Several things;

Most of this falls in the category of urban legend, not law or fact. Skyline, Subway, etc., are not purposely different in the park. That would violate the franchisee's contract with the franchisor. Subway and Skyline would simply NOT allow that.

A contract is an agreement between two parties. It can say anything the other party will let the opposite party get away with, within very few legal limits. If a food vendor is silly or naive enough to sign away their rights to a recipe sold in the park, so be it. But most vendors would never sign such a contract.

I can assure you Chick-Fil-A, for instance, would not want a customer to not have any idea what kind of product they will get just because the product is sold in a theme park instead of a roadside restaurant. Are we to believe Kings Island could pass off a cow as chicken?

When Bavarian Beetle, who is a lawyer and has told us so many times, tells us what the law is, I, for one, believe him. Long before I'd believe a spited vendor who left Kings Island under whatever circumstance.

Lastly, the Kings Island who dealt with your ice cream vendor friends is long gone. Cedar Fair runs the place now. As the older contracts expire and new ones are negotiated, I doubt seriously the contracts they have or will have with vendors are the same ones that Taft, KECO, Carl Lindner's Great American, Paramount or CBS had.

You also might be surprised. Some vendors are so big and so important that there is NO contract. What contract governs the relationship between McDonald's and The Coca-Cola Company? There isn't one.