The Diamondback First Rider Auction is Nearing Its End!

We are less than one week away and counting from the biggest, fastest and meanest coaster to open on the grandest stage of them all – Kings Island! Diamondback, Kings Island’s new steel monster, will take riders to an all-new level with its incredible height, ten vertical drops and speeds reaching 80mph when it opens with the park this Saturday, April 18th!

Those who want to have the first opportunity to ride Diamondback can bid in the Diamondback First Rider Auction and have a chance to ride in one of the first six official trains on the morning of April 18th. Currently Kings Island has raised an unprecedented sum of $90,000 with all proceeds benefiting A Kid Again, which is a charitable organization that helps children and their families who are in need.

If you would like to participate in the auction time is running out! The auction will officially end on Wednesday, April 15th at 8:30am. Successful bidders will receive a spot on one of the first six trains on Diamondback, a commemorative first rider ticket, a gift special gift from the park and the knowledge that they helped make someone’s life a little better. A Kid Again is a 501©(3) not-for-profit organization and all bids are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the IRS code.

Click here for more information or to place your bid on a seat in the Diamondback First Rider Auction!

The road to opening day is heating up with less than a week until those gates are finally open for the 2009 season on April 18th. How does an entire summer of high thrills, wet spills and live shows sound to you? A Kings Island season pass gets you access to the park every day the park is open in 2009. Is that not enough? By purchase a Kings Island Gold Pass you also get an entire season of VIP benefits such as early access to Diamondback, Kings Island’s 230’ steel monster set to open with the park in April, almost every day the park is open! Other benefits include early access to Boomerang Bay, discounts on pay-per-attractions, games and merchandise discounts and much much more! For a full list of Kings Island's Gold Pass VIP benefits click here.

Are you an amusement park drifter? The Cedar Fair Platinum Pass is perfect for you! A Platinum Pass will get you admission and parking at ALL Cedar Fair properties including but not limited to Kings Island, Geauga Lake’s Wildwater Kingdom, Cedar Point, Knott’s Berry Farm and many more! Is that still not enough? A Cedar Fair Platinum Pass will get you all of the unique Gold Pass VIP benefits at each park!

Click here to purchase your Kings Island Gold or Cedar Fair Platinum Pass!

Do you want to be one of the first members of the public to ride Diamondback? Enthusiasts and park lovers have a unique opportunity to both have the honor of being one of the first to ride Diamondback and help make someone in need’s life better in the process. Members of the public have the opportunity to bid on the first five trains to be dispatched on Opening Day on the morning of April 18th. All proceeds from the auction will benefit A Kid Again, a charitable organization that serves families in need. A Kid Again is a non-profit 501 © (3) organization. All donations and bids are tax deductible. Click here for more information about the Diamondback First Riders' Auction!

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

I am amazed that the auction has raised $90K. Reading the blog update it states that the amount is now $95,000 along with a $50,000 from Bonneville Radio Cincinnati. That is insane especially for this economy. Absolutely amazing and great job to all those involved.

It is indeed amazing that the auction has raised $95,000 for A Kid Again. A truly remarkable sum of money, and there are still a few days left to get a bid in if you want to. It would be nice to see the total amount push into six digits. I`m sure that the auction has raised more money than they initially thought they would raise! Its especially remarkable all the companies that have placed corporate bids on the auction!

Anyone else's bid sliding down the mountain? My bid was sitting really steady at about 100 for the last few weeks, but in the past 4 days or so I've slid down to 137. I think I should still be okay, but I'm definitely going to check it tonight before going to bed and again early tomorrow morning. Good luck!

^^Hey Dvo, just remember our CP Facebook contest agreement!!

Unfortunately, FB is blocked at my office, so I'm relying on someone to post the winner here!

The weather on Friday in Cincy is supposed to sick!! (in how perfect it might be, as compared to Sat) So if we win this contest, this could be a great day!!

^^Hey Dvo, just remember our CP Facebook contest agreement!!

Unfortunately, FB is blocked at my office, so I'm relying on someone to post the winner here!

The weather on Friday in Cincy is supposed to sick!! (in how perfect it might be, as compared to Sat) So if we win this contest, this could be a great day!!

Don't worry I didn't forget :) I've been looking to see if they posted a winner, but nothing yet. They said they'd post the winner by the 15th, and knowing T&T, it'll probably be posted tomorrow afternoon ;)

Ahhhh it's 8:17 and my bid is at 189! I hope if it goes under the line, it does it in time for me to place another bid....

Edit: Whew. I had to increase my bid twice, but I made it. 4th last winner :P

Edit again: Okay this is messed up. At about 8:20, my initial bid went below the yellow line. So I placed another bid $0.50 higher. Then at about 8:28, that bid also went below the yellow line, so I placed a third bid $0.50 higher than that, and that was a successful bid. However now I'm looking at the bid board, and my bids moved UP, so now I have two winning bids. Which means that instead of paying $126.00 for my one winning seat, I'm paying $251.50 for two winning seats. I'm guessing it's because some bids were rejected or something, but basically I was tricked into bidding again when I didn't really need to. Kind of bogus if you ask me...

^Don't worry, fingers are crossed. How could I get in touch with Don to see what I can do? I'm sure someone else would love to have that spot!

Edit: Oh my goodness. Now this just got REALLY crazy! The bid board is showing they've added two MORE trains, so they have 8 total now. Which means that all THREE of my bids are now good. Awesome, can't wait to spend almost $400 when I anticipated spending no more than $130. I hope I can get this fixed...

Well, if anything I think an hour for the First Ride Auction is a little long, but I do wonder how this will work for peeps who thought they were out of it?

Are any $50 bids now still in play??

Better to have more time than to cut yourself short, especially when doing something like this. Last thing you want to do is rush around a group of people that just donated almost $100,000 to a charity and make them not feel important. I am honestly concerned that an hour may not be enough with the additional trains now.

Well, if anything I think an hour for the First Ride Auction is a little long, but I do wonder how this will work for peeps who thought they were out of it?

Are any $50 bids now still in play??

Better to have more time than to cut yourself short, especially when doing something like this. Last thing you want to do is rush around a group of people that just donated almost $100,000 to a charity and make them not feel important. I am honestly concerned that an hour may not be enough with the additional trains now.

Are you serious?! All eight of the trains should be done in at least 30 minutes I would think. I mean, that is nearly four minutes per train. Unless they are doing A LOT of special ceremonies and other stuff, but there shouldn't be a problem with ERT.

30 minutes for standard opperation, but what about the numerous photo and video sessions for each train and many of the riders. This will not be a load folks on the train and dispatch them as quickly as possible type situation. Anyone who has ever planned or ran an event like this can attest you want to make each individual feel extremely special because the word of mouth publicity will take off ten fold, not to mention you want as much free media coverage of all the happy excited faces as possible. This is some of the best free marketing the park will get for this year and especially when they can tout how much was raised for a good cause.