Opening Day t-shirts!

violakat03

Okay, I got over my bout of laziness and actually accomplished something today! I've been planning on designing something for T-shirts for opening day.

I've got it designed so that you can do the full design on the front, or the full design on the back with a small design on the front. I will probably do mine with the large design on the back and the small design with my username on the front. If anyone wants me to do their username in a matching font, let me know and I'll e-mail you the personalized graphic.

I think photobucket edited down the size of the image. If you want the high-res, original format version, PM me with your email address.

You can buy iron-on transfer paper at most fabric stores and some Super Wal-Marts. Michael's sells plain t-shirts and sweatshirts for fairly cheap.

Large design:

KIC-1.jpg

Small design (for front, if wanted):

KIC-11.jpg

I've got another design that I wasn't sure would come out well on transfer paper that I'm going to submit to the mods if they want to sell it as an additional option through the KIC cafepress store.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, now you get this idea. The week after my KIC shirt from cafepress arrived on my doorstep. :lol: I'll probably be wearing my "Line Jumping is Not a Sporting Event" shirt on opening day though, just to remind everyone of that rule who may have forgotten it during the off-season.

what if no-one is watching and your tryin to get to the back of the line faster?

Very cool. I don't have the time or money to make some really good ones but me and my friend are just taking sharpies and fabric paint to white t's for opening day. After that we might invest in something better. All I want to to be noticed by other KIC'ers and maybe have some other people to talk to

what if no-one is watching and your tryin to get to the back of the line faster?

I've actually done that! At Stricker's Grove, they close the line for the Tornado early and just let a few in at a time so that the last train goes out right at closing. My practice is to stay at the end of the line after the appearance of the security guard. I also have done the same thing at The Beast for the last train of the night.

Flyer, who enjoys being on the last train.

I bought some iron on transfer sheets today. $10 for 10 sheets. I won't need that many so if anyone in the Dayton area wants to buy some sheets off me and save a couple bucks let me know. $1 a page, same as I paid for them.

I'm thinking of putting mine on a hoodie if I can find a cheap one. I'm at Sam's right now looking for one in fact!

For those that PMed me about the design, I'll email it to you as soon as I get home from my errands. I'll also post pictures of my completed project as soon as I finish!

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

I bought some iron on transfer sheets today. $10 for 10 sheets. I won't need that many so if anyone in the Dayton area wants to buy some sheets off me and save a couple bucks let me know. $1 a page, same as I paid for them.

I'm thinking of putting mine on a hoodie if I can find a cheap one. I'm at Sam's right now looking for one in fact!

For those that PMed me about the design, I'll email it to you as soon as I get home from my errands. I'll also post pictures of my completed project as soon as I finish!

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

What if I might be interested but I'm not in the Dayton area?

If you're still running errands, (which I doubt) you might want to check micheals or Jo-ann fabrics, they usualy have cheap, blank hoodies. They each have atleast one GreaterDayton location that I know of, by the Dayton Mall, thats way on the south side but they might also have stores near FairField Commons Mall

I'm looking forward to seeing mine. I appreciate the phone call earlier! :) I did change my mind, however. I would like my design printed lopsided on a dirty, stained size 9XL shirt with the seams pulling apart because that's hot.

Angie, who has KIC members in her phone because she's awesome like that and everyone loves her ;) LOL

If you're still running errands, (which I doubt) you might want to check micheals or Jo-ann fabrics, they usualy have cheap, blank hoodies. They each have atleast one GreaterDayton location that I know of, by the Dayton Mall, thats way on the south side but they might also have stores near FairField Commons Mall

Michael's only had short sleeve t-shirts and Wal-Mart had cheap hoodies but they only had dark grey and dark green left.

I'm going to try the Huber Heights Super Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to seeing mine. I appreciate the phone call earlier! :) I did change my mind, however. I would like my design printed lopsided on a dirty, stained size 9XL shirt with the seams pulling apart because that's hot.

HAHAHA!! Giga, I laughed SO hard at the thought of your shirt!!!

Viola, thanks a million for designing this! It looks fantastic, and will be a great way to identify each other!

Now I am on a mission for a t-shirt and a hoodie to put the design on. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be an impossible one!

I'm interested could you send me the high red picture I'll probably put your picture on the front and unrealsk8er on the back!

:posted from my iPod:

Can you PM me your email address?

Also to anyone else who is interested in printing these, the picture I posted originally will only print out at about 4 inches by 2 inches. I have the full size (8 x 11) image but photobucket shrinks it if I post it there, so PM me with your email address for the full high-res version. I can also put your username on it in a matching font if you'd like, as I've already done for 3 members so far. :)

I'm going to head out of here after I finish breakfast to track down a hoodie and will post pictures of the completed work of art!

Kat,

Your comment about the size reminds me of the great scene from 'Spinal Tap' where Nigel Tufnel (Christopher Guest) is explaining to his set designer how tall he wants the stonehenge model to be..and he writes "2" x 4" on a napkin..then looks shocked when the model comes back 2 inches by 4 inches instead of 2 feet by 4 feet..lol..classic!

My husband told me last night that he was planning to surprise me with a special shirt for opening day (and many other days). I'm going today to check it out and am going to talk to the printing company about doing a professional quality transfer for a hoodie with this design on it. I'll let you guys know if they can do them in time and how much it would cost, for those who haven't done their shirts yet.