The Crypt so much potential. So little time...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes a lot of training to train everyone how to use Fabreeze.

Apparently. It's getting to the point where the smell is sickening.

^^ They do not have enough nickels, or they do not wish to spend those nickels on the water features....

Or they don't wish to spend nickels on a ride that will be removed next year. ;)

After riding The Crypt last week i had a brief moment of inspiration. Like many have said, a mine based ride or a tornado based ride would be awesome and really go well with rivertown. My idea is for a mine themed ride, which could be called by a generic Cedar Fair style name of "Mine Fall" The outside of the queue could easily be turned into a mine entrance, as the cave already looks very similar to a mine. The crypt logo at the top of the cave could be replaced by a sign that says "Rivertown Mining Co.: DANGER! NO TRESSPASSING! The bamboo support thingies in the cave, if not removable, could have coverings made to resemble the large pieces of lumber used to support mines. As guests walk through the tunnel they pass mining equipment such as pickaxes, shovels, and even a few wagon wheels lying around here and there, while listening to a light, ambient, western track with bings from equipment in the background. When they enter the room before the antechamber, "were the peeling wallpaper is" the walls would have new wallpaper that resembles lines of gold cutting through the rock. Then, when they enter the antechamber, they would find boxes of smoking dynamite and explosive materials sitting where the death bat is today. Before entering the ride chamber, a recording would play saying "miners, you can now enter the elevator". The riders would then enter and be seated, just like now. Then, the lights would go out, and the gondola would rise in darkness. Suddenly, the sound of explosions and tumbling rocks fill the room, and the ride would drop and go into a cycle while random light cannons would start going off and smoke "fog" would start to accumulate on the ground. The water effects would also be working, to represent underground water but just as a regular top spin, would shoot a couple of fountains up at the riders as the ride swung around past it. Then all the lights would go off, and the ride would end as it does now.

All in all, this could be relativaly within CF and KIs new ride budget, but in order to make the ride thrilling again, the park would probably need to have HUSS come in and upgrade the ride mechanism and make a new, smaller gondola that would be lighter. I am sure this can be done, as HUSS has newer giant top spin models on there web site that are able to do very thrilling things.

Ok, i am FINALY done with this extremely long post ;) its just an idea lol

Tear it down and put in something worth riding.

Cedar Fair needs to stop assuming that us visitors are idiots and will just ride anything they put in that box. I think the fact the you can walk in there in the last few hours of the night and find no one else in line says something about how the guests truly feel about the ride.

Tear it down and put in something worth riding.

Cedar Fair needs to stop assuming that us visitors are idiots and will just ride anything they put in that box. I think the fact the you can walk in there in the last few hours of the night and find no one else in line says something about how the guests truly feel about the ride.

All my friends say the ride sucks... so guests do think the ride is not good.

Quoted for truth.

The Crypt is horrible. They've ruined it. I think Wikipedia puts it best when it says,

In what can only be described as a painful downgrade, what was Paramount's Kings Island's flagship attraction only seven years ago has been reduced to having no theme, storyline, or preshow, a considerably less thrilling ride cycle, a severely decreased capacity, and none of its original ride effects.

^Thank you, finally someone else who likes it. Of course I would like a new better theme like the tornado/storm shelter or mine, and sure it would be nice to have a more thrilling ride, but not every ride in the park needs to be thrilling or intense. It is really just a fun tranquill/family dark ride

• 3 weeks later...

How about this: Mythbusters: The Ride

It could work.

Here's the story:

The Mythbusters are looking for volunteers to help with testing the myth that if you stay upside down too long, you become smarter. The que is basically a walk through the Mythbusters shop, with things like "The Rolling Stone Roller" and "The Dental Floss Prision Escape" machine replicas running. Once riders get into the ride, a movie with Adam and Jamie explaning that the riders will be held upside-down and asked certian questions three times is shown. The movie continues as the ride goes into it's upwards position and suspends riders upside down for about one second. Then, the ride suddenly jerks down and flips a couple times as Adam says "Oh, crap. The machine's malfunctioning!" The movie screen then goes haywire, as the ride goes through six inversions before finally stopping halfway to the top. An audio clip of Jamie saying "I think I fixed it!" is played. The ride is then lowered into it's loading position, and the guests unload. Another audio clip in which Adam says that the test is too dangerous and that the myth is "Unconfirmable" is played.

I think that ride would go better in a place like Disney World, and I dobut that Cedar Fair is ever going to get the rights to build a ride like that, but it's a cool thought

It could work.

Here's the story:

The Mythbusters are looking for volunteers to help with testing the myth that if you stay upside down too long, you become smarter. The que is basically a walk through the Mythbusters shop, with things like "The Rolling Stone Roller" and "The Dental Floss Prision Escape" machine replicas running. Once riders get into the ride, a movie with Adam and Jamie explaning that the riders will be held upside-down and asked certian questions three times is shown. The movie continues as the ride goes into it's upwards position and suspends riders upside down for about one second. Then, the ride suddenly jerks down and flips a couple times as Adam says "Oh, crap. The machine's malfunctioning!" The movie screen then goes haywire, as the ride goes through six inversions before finally stopping halfway to the top. An audio clip of Jamie saying "I think I fixed it!" is played. The ride is then lowered into it's loading position, and the guests unload. Another audio clip in which Adam says that the test is too dangerous and that the myth is "Unconfirmable" is played.

I think that ride would go better in a place like Disney World, and I dobut that Cedar Fair is ever going to get the rights to build a ride like that, but it's a cool thought

I just have one question.....We're you involve with the making of The Crypt?

It could work.

Here's the story:

I just have one question.....We're you involve with the making of The Crypt?

Sadly, no. I had nothing to do with the making of The Crypt. If I was, let me tell you, I would have come up with something amazing that Cedar Fair did not have to get the rights to. Though Mythbusters: The Ride may be an awesome idea, it may never happen.

^Thank you, finally someone else who likes it. Of course I would like a new better theme like the tornado/storm shelter or mine, and sure it would be nice to have a more thrilling ride, but not every ride in the park needs to be thrilling or intense. It is really just a fun tranquill/family dark ride

I also still enjoy the Crypt. I don't like it as well, but it is still fun and enjoyable. It became more family friendly than it used to be.

It could work.

Here's the story:

I don't think Adam and Jamie would want a themed to theme. That's just what I think. Also, I'm sure a lot of people don't even know what Mythbusters is, although I do enjoy the show. The rights to use it for a theme wouldn't be too cheap. Nice idea though. :)

I also still enjoy the Crypt. I don't like it as well, but it is still fun and enjoyable. It became more family friendly than it used to be.

It could work.

Here's the story:

I don't think Adam and Jamie would want a themed to theme. That's just what I think. Also, I'm sure a lot of people don't even know what Mythbusters is, although I do enjoy the show. The rights to use it for a theme wouldn't be too cheap. Nice idea though. :)

Yeah, It most likely will never happen. Also, Kings Island is past the era of movie/T.V. show rides. Oh well...

Final verdict on Mythbusters: The Ride: Busted

they can get like a whole bunch of strobe lights and call it seizure! XD jk that would have lawsuit written all over it....uh maybe an ancient Egypt theme or oooh a tornado/hurricane thing....weh i dunno im just randomly making ideas here...i myself think its at the current moment lamer than lame....

It will cost lots to refigure that cave and that line for the Crypt. Spending money to totally rechange the theme is something i dont think KI will do. Maybe Reinstall the lights and sounds and ice and all that at return the ride to its former glory?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...