I got my copy of the PKI book!

italianchef

This Friday The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island will go on sale at PKI itself and bookstores in the tri-state. Lucky for me, I have a friend who works at Orange Frazer Press and she gave my wife and me a "sneak preview" copy.

The book is awesome! It's 8 * 4 inches in diameter and 143 pages in length. It has the official park map and loads of professional pictures. It has historic information, technical information, information about lodging and dining, first aid information, and even some humor. I am probably going to buy many more copies as souvenirs and gifts.

To learn more, try logging on to

www.orangefrazer.com

But, you'll be able to buy the book this Friday when the park re-opens! I hope that Scooby Doo will autograph my book!

Be well,

Italian Chef

Edited by italianchef
  • Like 1

I wonder where that book is going on sale inside the park, I haven't seen it in any of the stores that feature general PKI merchandise, but then I haven't been in Emporium too much, so maybe it is there, or the other more likely explanation is that it hasnt arrived yet. I'll keep looking for it at the park and when I find it I'll post the names of the stores inside the park where you can find them.

A few questions.....

1.) Does it have Scooby the ride in it?

2.) Does it have Delirium in it?

3.) How much does it cost?

4.) Does it have any old rides from the past in it?

Thanks

(1) Yes, Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle is in the book.

(2) Yes, Delirium is in the book.

(3) The book costs $11.

(4) It mentions a few old rides in the history chapter........but that's it. It pretty much sticks with the current rides, shows, eateries, hotels, etc.

Also......it mentions SpongeBob SquarePants in 3-D.

Does it have any TR:TR specs or info in it? Just wondering because it's hard to get alot of info on that thing sometimes. Plus, I would love to hold my little handbook and look for things it mentions as I wait in line for it. It'd be better than looking at the monkeys.

Yes, The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island has technical details about Tomb Raider:The Ride, as well as a picture of it, and even a description of Tomb Raider the movie.

As a matter of fact all rides modeled after movies offer movie descriptions in addition to the technical specs and the author's reviews. This book is very much like the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World - but better because it has pictures of many of the rides and the official park map.

Yogi,

Can you please specify what you mean by character information? If you mean Hanna-Barbera and Nickelodeon characters....there's not much described about them. There a a few pics of characters in the book, not too many though.

ItalianChef

Yogi,

It has a park map that outlines the meet and greet, and it lists the character studios. Beyond that, I don't remember. It's hard to memorize a 143 page book. I'm bringing it with me to PKI. It'll be good to have while I wait on line. One cool thing that I like about it is that it lists technical stats like who built which ride, how long the ride is, and when the ride was built. It make great small talk with your friends while you wait on line.

Scooby,

The books will be one sale this Friday. And if you're interested, the author will do at least one book signing at PKI in May. I hope that you'll like the. Personally, I am quite fond of The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island.

Italian Chef

Edited by italianchef

Close but no cigar.

I own both books. History of Coney Island(Cincy) was written by Charles Jacques. The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island was written by Charles Infosino. Both author's have the first name "Charles". Jacques is a French name and Infosino is an Italian name - but Italians and French and Latin peoples, languages, cuisnes, and cultures. Both Coney Island and Paramount's Kings Island are located in Ohio.

Those are all the connections. These are two different books written by 2 different authors with 2 different publishers.

Have a great day,

ItalianChef

• 15 years later...