Will you be able to sleep tonight before riding Diamondback?!

tigellinus

I don't think the problem will be getting to sleep for me, anyway; it'll be the getting up at 6 am!

There really is nothing like being at Kings Island for the debut of a new coaster, particularly one of this magnitude. I'd almost liken it to the difference between being at a Spring Training baseball game compared to Game 7 of a World Series. The energy in the place is totally different and you know that it's a special day as soon as you get in the park.

I'm curious for those folks who were there at either SOB's or FOF's opening day (last comparable occasions IMO) how they feel about tomorrow in comparison. I'd say it's close, particularly in light of the fact that I feel this will be a much more enjoyable and re-rideable attraction, but the buzz around those rides was bigger if only because the amusement park world hadn't seen rides quite like that before.

For the opening of Flight of Fear, there was nothing but excitement. For the opening of Son of Beast, many of us were holding our collective breaths and saying, "Please let this be as fantastic as it looks." For the opening of this wonderful ride, I at least am thrilled to finally be able to see it coming to Kings Island!

In a word? No. I am so excited to be able to finally be able to enjoy Kings Island again, I'm having trouble concentrating on anything unrelated to KI. Not to mention, that beautiful steel masterpiece called Diamondback! When I saw Diamondback rise, never did I imagine I could be one of the first riders!

Jackson, posting from his iPod, in Art Class.

In a word? No. I am so excited to be able to finally be able to enjoy Kings Island again, I'm having trouble concentrating on anything unrelated to KI. Not to mention, that beautiful steel masterpiece called Diamondback! When I saw Diamondback rise, never did I imagine I could be one of the first riders!

Jackson, posting from his iPod, in Art Class.

Congratulations on that, Jackson. You're an inspiration to all of us with your giving and caring spirit.

i live close to indy; so in order to get to the parking gate before it opens to nab my selective spot ill have to be up pretty darn early. so if anyone see's me at the gate we can swap hi's. my car will have winder paint of KICentral and my call name on it. see all y'alls tomorrow.

i live close to indy; so in order to get to the parking gate before it opens to nab my selective spot ill have to be up pretty darn early. so if anyone see's me at the gate we can swap hi's. my car will have winder paint of KICentral and my call name on it. see all y'alls tomorrow.

oh yeah where is close to indy? I live about 30 mins east

I could BARELY get to sleep last night thinking of Diamondback and what else I'm going to do tomorrow at the park. I KNOW I'm going to have a tougher time getting to sleep tonight.

Same for me, I got about 4 hours of sleep last night and I have a feeling I'll get less tonight. And we're leaving at 530 so we're gonna be at the park around 615. I'm gonna be dragging by the end of the day.

Well since I won't be able to get to the park until June 2nd or 3rd, I won't have any problems sleeping tonight! I will be excited to see and hear how everything goes though.

Haha...that's pretty funny (if not also a little sad to hear!)

yeah those are the breaks when you have a 15 month old, a three year old, work too much overtime and are married. Plus an 11 year old boy into sports upto his ears! But hey at least we are going this year, I missed the whole 2008 season.

Well since I won't be able to get to the park until June 2nd or 3rd, I won't have any problems sleeping tonight! I will be excited to see and hear how everything goes though.

yeah those are the breaks when you have a 15 month old, a three year old, work too much overtime and are married. Plus an 11 year old boy into sports upto his ears! But hey at least we are going this year, I missed the whole 2008 season.

So you're saying single*, 27, with no kids isn't that bad afterall?!

*It's off/on and pretty casual

So you're saying single*, 27, with no kids isn't that bad afterall?!

*It's off/on and pretty casual

well when i was single at 27 i had a brand new Mustang and I was at KI every weekend and many weekdays! Not saying it is better or worse it is just different is all! :)

i will have a terrible time sleeping

especially since my best friend, who's coming with me tomorrow, is spending the night tonight

i REALLY hope we get to ride Diamondback

does anyone have the smallest GUESS on how packed it will be tomorrow? the park in general