Diamondback: Yes? No?

Beast1979

after watching this coaster being built for months the hype for me what very large!! It was everything and more to me. The seats were nice. The restraints just right! Air time... wow no words. And smooth as silk. I loved the ride. Lived up to everything I could have imagined it to be! I just wish there was more effect in the hammer head turn and helix. But by far one of the best rides I have ever been on and by far the best coaster in the park!

I like it. It's not the best coaster I've ever been on but all in all it's a fun ride. Do I think it's overrated? Honestly, yea I do. I do love how smooth it is and the way the seating is. I think it could have been taller, faster and longer. I guess I was looking for something like Cedar Point's millenium force. Don't get me wrong, I do like Diamond Back though.

OUCH! With all due respect to Giga, I can guarantee that for most Diamondback far excels compared to that Millie thing. Besides, taller and faster in 2009? You should be astounded Cedar Fair built ANYthing given the financial near panic the country is in. Kings Island got more than 1/3 of Cedar Fair's capex this year. It's astounding the coaster was built at all. I can guarantee you would not have seen Paramount Parks doing that this year, if ever, were they still around.

Taller and faster? Both Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster are. So what?

Longer? The Beast is. So is Nitro. So what?

OUCH! With all due respect to Giga, I can guarantee that for most Diamondback far excels compared to that Millie thing. Besides, taller and faster in 2009? You should be astounded Cedar Fair built ANYthing given the financial near panic the country is in. Kings Island got more than 1/3 of Cedar Fair's capex this year. It's astounding the coaster was built at all. I can guarantee you would not have seen Paramount Parks doing that this year, if ever, were they still around.

i beleive this investment,will come back ten fold.

So if someone states an "opinion" that the kind of response they get here? It's a matter of opinion and that's it. And I agree, we are lucky to see a coaster or anything for that matter built while we are in the middle of the financial crisis. I was thinking the other day how nice it was to have a new ride to look forward to with the economy in trouble. I'm just stating my opinion. I never said the ride sucked and I wouldn't ride it again. It's a great ride, just not what it's hyped up to be. Even my Wife and other people at the park today that we spoke to said the exact same thing. On the other hand, my 51 year old Mother absolutely loves it. I'm sorry, for me I like more extreme rides. That's why Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster are my favorite rides. Does this mean I only ride them? NO, I ride and enjoy everything.

Ride was incredible. Easily jumped to number 1 on my list, and the front seat definitely is the place to be on this one. The first drop is amazing, but its the second and fifth hills that are the true gems. In the front car, both the second and fifth hills provide ejector air, something that B&M hypers aren't typically known for.

The night ride is top notch, maybe better than The Beast. Plummeting 150-200 feet up and down in total darkness... spectacular.

The first helix is superior to the second.

In fact, the only criticism I have of the ride is that the first half (till the MCBR) is so absolutely incredible, that as fun as the second half is... it just doesn't live up to the first.

All in all, 9.9/10 and superior to everything at Cedar Point. And I love MF and especially Maverick.

Well after riding it tonight ten in a row, it gave me a headache, Right after the lift all I could feel were bumps, I could feel them more on the outside seats. But that Air time in the back seat was unbelievable, your butt is way off the seat. and a night ride is very good to!

Diamondback, where do I start? When I get in the station, I feel like im on top of the world. When I hear the ride-op say "row 16", I get butterflies. When I hear the other ride-op say" all clear means your out of hear", I start getting jittery. Once we finaly leave the station, I look over at all the other people in line and smile. They are all here for the same reason as me, to ride the best ride ever made! Now when we get about half way up the hill, I look over and watch the splash down, but right after look behind me and watch the station get smaller and smaller. Now at the top of the lift, we get sling-shoted over with mass airtime. Going down the '215 first drop at 74 degrees reaching speeds up to 80 miles per hour is the best feeling ever. With all the airtime and the G's, you feel like your floating the whole time. Now after we go through the final helix, I stick my left hand out and keep my right hand up, thus getting soaked. Pulling back into the station with a smile on my face, waiting for the restraints to let up, I say to myself, "I can finally die happy now. Now, lets do it all again! :)

EDIT: I think this post was the best post I have ever posted on KIC :)

• 1 month later...

You will also note that it is not closed. I have no idea why you seem to think it a good idea to close a poll...people go offline for a week, they go to Myrtle Beach, they wait to join as members, they are unable to ride a ride for medical reasons--like a broken arm, then can, some only visit Kings Island once each year and it may not be til August...