What a Great Day to be a Kings Island Fan!

Spring is here, and you know what that means – Kings Island is now open to the public on weekends it's time for another summer of high thrills, wet and wild water rides and memories that will last a life time!

Opening day commenced a little early for some lucky individuals. Kings Island held an auction for those who wished to be amongst the first to ride Diamondback, Kings Island's new 230' steel monster. The Diamondback auction raised an astounding $102,000 for A Kid Again, a charity that is dedicated to enriching the lives of children with life threatening illnesses and their families by providing healing times of respite through fun-filled group activities and destination events, which they call adventures.

A special thank you goes out to all of the dedicated KICentral members who used their hard-earned money on this great cause. Anyone who was in attendance can tell you it was a very proud moment – not only did they get to be one of the first to ride Diamondback, but they also helped make someone's life a little better.

Click here to see photos of the Diamondback first riders!

Along with Diamondback, Kings Island opened two brand new shows for 2009. Marty's Party is located in the Putz HQ in Nickelodeon Universe. Join Marty as he showcases some of his favorite inventions including a bubble gum dress, a head sharpener the and largest balloon in the world. Be careful -- Marty has a tendency to pick a marshmallow fight with the audience! This hilarious 25 minute exhibition is fun for both kids and adults alike. Click here to see photos of Marty's Party!

Country music has taken the Festhaus by storm once again with the all-new show Down Home Country. Featuring such classic artists as Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and Charlie Daniels, this show is one you'll want to see again and again! With such incredible classics, even those who are not country music fans are sure to have a great time. Click here to see photos of the all-new Down Home Country!

To help kick off the 2009 season, Kings Island hosted some additional entertainment including Mr. Cowpie and his Party Animals. Mr. Cowpie was on hand to show off some of his favorite pets, sing some songs and have a few laughs with the young ones.

Also for opening day, Parrots of the Caribbean, a Jimmy Buffett cover group that rocked the International Street Bandstand with two amazing live shows on Saturday, entertained the park.

Click here to see photos of the Mr. Cowpie show and click here to see photos of Parrots of the Caribbean!

After what may have felt like an eternity to many of counting down the months, days, hours, minutes or even seconds that time has finally arrived! It's fast, it's full of venom and IT'S HERE! Diamondback, Kings Island's new 230' steel monster, will open this Saturday. With its incredible height, ten vertical drops, special open-air stadium-style seating and countless other incredible and innovative features, it is certainly the most anticipated new ride of 2009!

Click here to see photos of Diamondback or

to see a video of Diamondback in action!

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

The people we talked to that stood in that line said it was 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

It was running an hour most of the day. Giga and I got in 6 rides throughout the day as well as 2 on the amazingly smooth Beast and several other rides!

I know right. Their guesses were way off. I got in line back by Central Grill, and I was in the loading station an hour later even with a full queue. Not only does DB have a superb capacity, the crew did a fantastic job and I have to give kudos to them for throwing trains out left and right like they did. Not once did I see stacked trains, and the line never stopped moving.

I will be at the park next Sunday and from hearing all of what I have heard on here it is really giving me a good first impression of Diamondbacks crew and capacity. To me that line Dane posted looks to be like he said, a 5 or 6 hour line. But if the crew can push everyone through quick and turn that wait into an hour and half, two hour wait, then this season should be one that will not soon be forgotten. On top of that Diamondback strongly resembles Maverick in the way the loading station look, the gift shop, and even the queue line. It almost makes the park look completely different from ones point of view.

My impression of how Rivertown looked yesterday was blown away. Diamondback really fits in with that area. The section near the Crypt and Beast plaza looked a little like Cedar Point with DB's final helix next to the Crypt.

And I really thought Diamondback lived up to the hype. Hey, it's a B&M...Duh. lol!

It was running an hour most of the day. Giga and I got in 6 rides throughout the day as well as 2 on the amazingly smooth Beast and several other rides!

I know right. Their guesses were way off. I got in line back by Central Grill, and I was in the loading station an hour later even with a full queue. Not only does DB have a superb capacity, the crew did a fantastic job and I have to give kudos to them for throwing trains out left and right like they did. Not once did I see stacked trains, and the line never stopped moving.

I saw them stack a few times while we were in line around noon. Even though they did stack every now and then, the line still moves very well.

I saw them stack a few times while we were in line around noon. Even though they did stack every now and then, the line still moves very well.

Is is considered stacking when there is one train in the station and then one on the breakrun? If so, I saw stacking done a LOT yesterday. I didn't see three trains stopped very often. Maybe once or twice?

Is it just me, or does the Marty show look like Carrot Top... but even worse? Prop comedy isn't funny IMO.

I agree with the Carrot Top thing, but Marty's Party is definitely a good show. You should check it out.

I agree with Ryan even though I've only seen the first 20 seconds of the show; it's definitely worth watching. It reminds me more of Pee Wee's Playhouse more than Carrot Top.

Down Home Country is also a good show. I'm not a fan of country music yet I enjoyed it.

Is it just me, or does the Marty show look like Carrot Top... but even worse? Prop comedy isn't funny IMO.

I agree with the Carrot Top thing, but Marty's Party is definitely a good show. You should check it out.

I agree with Ryan even though I've only seen the first 20 seconds of the show; it's definitely worth watching. It reminds me more of Pee Wee's Playhouse more than Carrot Top.

Down Home Country is also a good show. I'm not a fan of country music yet I enjoyed it.

Just wanted to letcha know that I think your avatar is cute. ;)