4-18-09 Trip Report

italianchef

My son has been talking about Kings Island since January, but it didn't open until today. So my wife and I finally took him to his delight. As soon as my son saw Kings Island from the car, he began joyously yelling "Kings Island" and clapping his hands.

We arrived around 10:20 a.m. and were surprised how crowded the park was. Hey, what happened to the recession?

The 3 of us rode SDATHC first. Then my son did several kiddie rides on his own, including Nick Jr. Drivers and Blue's Skidoo. I rode Fairly Odd Coaster, Little Bill, and Phantom Flyers with my son. The 3 of us rode Timmy's Air Tours together, as well as the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad 3 times.

We left the park around 3 p.m. My son had a great time.

Best regards,

Italian Chef

I'm glad you had a great time.

Both of my kids have been talking about Kings Island since we bought our passes about a month or so ago. Because of the Diamondback frenzy, most of the other ride lines were relatively short. We only waited about 25 minutes for the "Beast" which was much smoother than before.

We walked onto The Racers and only waited about 15 minutes for Adventure Express. This was my 8yr olds first time riding "big" roller coasters and she had a blast. "She" is already planning our next trip.

Chef:

You did not comment on the state of SDatHC. When I rode it today, there was no sound during the ride. Was it that way when you rode it too?

If that's the way it's going to be the whole season, this will surely beyond any reasonable doubt be the sign that ushers in a new ride. Or, and I know Chef hopes so too, an old one.

I showed up around 8:15 met up with my friends, went up to the thing where they had it blocked off.Rode Diamondback around 9:40.Met up with my girlfriend, rode Vortex The Beast delrium racer ate and did that again flight deck AE The Beast and then went and had fun in the parking lot while watching the fireworks!!!!! kissy kissy!!!! :lol:

Chef:

You did not comment on the state of SDatHC. When I rode it today, there was no sound during the ride. Was it that way when you rode it too?

If that's the way it's going to be the whole season, this will surely beyond any reasonable doubt be the sign that ushers in a new ride. Or, and I know Chef hopes so too, an old one.

I do believe there was sound when I rode SDATHC. Sorry that there wasn't any when you rode it.

The 3 of us rode SDATHC first. Then my son did several kiddie rides on his own, including Nick Jr. Drivers and Blue's Skidoo. I rode Fairly Odd Coaster, Little Bill, and Phantom Flyers with my son. The 3 of us rode Timmy's Air Tours together, as well as the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad 3 times.

Sounds like a day of fun in the kiddie section of the park. I need to borrow your son sometime to go on Little Bill's Giggle Coaster. It's my only credit left to get at KI, and it tortures me everytime I walk past it.

The Racers

I believe you meant to say The Racer.

Flyer, who is sensitive about that.