Future of Nickelodeon Universe

italianchef

If memory serves me right, when CF purchased Paramount Parks, the Nickelodeon license was only good for 4 years.

Last season I noticed Hanna-Barbera characters instead of Nickelodeon characters at the kids' Halloween festival - as well as Nickelodeon merchandise being offered on sale.

Today when I went to Kings Island I noticed that select Nickelodeon merchandise in the Nickelodeon Store is being offered at 50% off - on opening day!

What do you think will become of Nickelodeon Universe in 2010?

If memory serves me right, when CF purchased Paramount Parks, the Nickelodeon license was only good for 4 years.

Last season I noticed Hanna-Barbera characters instead of Nickelodeon characters at the kids' Halloween festival - as well as Nickelodeon merchandise being offered on sale.

Today when I went to Kings Island I noticed that select Nickelodeon merchandise in the Nickelodeon Store is being offered at 50% off - on opening day!

What do you think will become of Nickelodeon Universe in 2010?

I mentioned that in my TR too. I thought it was odd that so much Nick stuff was on clearance already unless they're either

a.) making room for NEW Nick stuff.

b.) making room for a new theme.

I'd love to see Hanna-Barbera make a return.

The kids area was voted best in the world when it was Hanna-Barbera Land, and the award has remained after the area switched over to Nickelodeon Universe. So long as the rides remain in place, the signage ought not influence the awards.

That is a good point and probably right!

Well, in that case, change my vote to whatever keeps season pass prices at the same level they are.

Seriously, I thought we were talking about what we wanted it to be (and I think the NickU theme is awesome), but wouldn't want the park to be held ransom for the theme. You'd think that this would be beneficial to both KI and Viacom so the rights fees wouldn't be too exorbitant (but then again, that's too logical).

^ i for one enjoy taking a break from the bigger rides and walk through nick u. expecially when i get to see all of the little thrill seekers in training, after all, they are the future of the park. ^_^

Well then, lets demolish BB and make that into a "kiddie" land. Or just deomlish BB and make the worlds tallest, fastest, longest, most inversions roller coaster. We could call it "Ampelifer".

my dad always makes fun of me when i ride that with all the kids that are like half the height of me, and how i have to set sideways in the train.

Heaven help me if your Dad ever sees me riding it...

Terpy, proud to have ridden what was then Taxi Jam with a woman more than thirty years his elder, when he himself was more than 40...and no, she was not his mother, wife or aunt but was a dear, dear friend. We rode TOGETHER in the front seat, when adults were not allowed to ride that ride sans child...I was her child, saith the ride op...and we did not argue...and Terpy was a much greater person back then, at least in avoirdupois...

I 100% expect Nick to be gone from the park next year. There are four things I noticed on opening day that make me suspect this, I listed them in my TR and in the "What did you notice?" topic. What might be in it's place, I have no idea, but I suspect HB due to the fact that they were there for Halloween last year, and that Scooby is shown on the Breakfast With the Characters banner outside the front gate (and as far as I know, Scooby isn't at the breakfast, just Nick characters. That reminds me, we should probably do a character breakfast this year before that's changed from Nick..). They could reuse that banner next year if that's the case.

As far as bulldozing Nick...NNNOOOOO!!!!!! Like coaster_junky pointed out, it's the perfect training ground for the thrill seekers of the future. It's where I had my thrill seeking training back in the 70's, and it's where I'm currently training my own little thrill seeker. In fact, we have another training session scheduled there this Sunday. :lol:

And bulldozing BB? Again...NNNOOOOO!!!!! Thrill seeking training occurs there too, as well as much needed rest. It's thrilling to barrel down a slide with nothing but you and the water (and possibly a tube or mat), as my little one in training is learning. There is much to parks besides coasters.

I completely agree with you. I almost expect to see HB back in here but I have no idea what the policies are and that stuff. I would hate to see all of the Nick themeing go because that seems hard to rename everything and completely change some rides.

As long as I can bid on the life size Patrick for my backyard, I think I'll be okay.

The theme looks great as Nick. I dont know any child that knows what Peanuts is so I'm slightly happier that signs point to HB. But then again, Scooby is about the only HB left that any child knows about too.

Mu favorite Cartoon Network show would be Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, if they played that more often it would be an awesome theme to something :-)

A return to HB Land/Cartoon Network theme would be great. My daughter who is 3 watches and loves a lot of the shows on there. Scooby Doo, The Hair Bear Bunch, and Top Cat. All of who were walking characters around the HB Land when I was little. So I would love to see them return and I know my little Riley would love them as well.

^ i for one enjoy taking a break from the bigger rides and walk through nick u. expecially when i get to see all of the little thrill seekers in training, after all, they are the future of the park. ^_^

True, my son will be able to ride Beastie, Fairly Odd Coaster, or whatever it's called this season. Can't wait to take him, hopefully this Sunday. I am hoping the wife and I can jump on DB single ride line while he and one of us is riding the other flats.

I am divided on this. I would love FOC to get a new theme and especially a new name. I would also like to see the log flume be incorporated back into Rivertown (although I fear this could hurt ridership from younger riders). However Reptar has really nice theming and I am afraid they would not retheme it as nice is it is currently. I am sure what ever they decied to do there will be trade offs but overall it will be nice.

I have a scary feeling that all theming is going away (and not just from Nick Universe!); that the NU rides will be renamed to some royalty-safe, neutral trade names ("Green Dinosaur", "Belly Fliers", "Bike Copters", "Log Flume")... :wacko: , and that all the other themed areas of the park will vanish from signs, maps and brochures. They've already started playing the same music in every area (and some queue lines). I really hope they'll stick with special theming (both visually and with sound!)