Future of Nickelodeon Universe

italianchef

Speaking of which, I know I've ridden Avatar before, but is it true I could ride that kids suspended coaster even though I'm an adult??

Yes you sure can, as long as you are above 44" and under 76"

I believe Little Bills is the only coaster with the must ride with child specification.

Speaking of which, I know I've ridden Avatar before, but is it true I could ride that kids suspended coaster even though I'm an adult??

I believe so as long as you are UNDER the max. height limit they have set.

OOPS Railrider beat me to it!

I believe Little Bills is the only coaster with the must ride with child specification.

Heh...I think I'm short enough. I guess if the line's ever short enough I might give this a whirl. I've always thought if I was a kid it'd look like a fun coaster! That said, I'm certainly not expecting ANY thrills whatsoever.

Heh...I think I'm short enough. I guess if the line's ever short enough I might give this a whirl. I've always thought if I was a kid it'd look like a fun coaster! That said, I'm certainly not expecting ANY thrills whatsoever.

well that puts it at about 6'3" so there you go. I can't 6'4" so i will have to watch my daughter ride it without me when she is tall enough!

I have a scary feeling that all theming is going away (and not just from Nick Universe!); that the NU rides will be renamed to some royalty-safe, neutral trade names ("Green Dinosaur", "Belly Fliers", "Bike Copters", "Log Flume")... :wacko: , and that all the other themed areas of the park will vanish from signs, maps and brochures. They've already started playing the same music in every area (and some queue lines). I really hope they'll stick with special theming (both visually and with sound!)

actually they arent playing the same music in every area, that was just opening day as far as i could tell because sunday morning, last year's nick u soundtrack was back (banana smoothies, popsicles and all :wacko: ) though i didnt really go through any other areas than nick and international

actually they arent playing the same music in every area, that was just opening day as far as i could tell because sunday morning, last year's nick u soundtrack was back (banana smoothies, popsicles and all :wacko: ) though i didnt really go through any other areas than nick and international

Really? That's awesome! ..and a big relief! When I went through Nickelodeon on Opening Day, they were blasting a bunch of 70's-era rock songs, many of which had sad chord progressions and lyrics that had absolutely no place in that area of the park [edit] in my opinion. I know the managers didn't intend for this, and I'm glad to hear that you noticed the more appropriate music on Sunday. I hope it will remain for the regular season!

If they do go the non-royalty names, it doesn't have to be horrible. I've had a few ideas for those that I'm sure could work out. Like a mini Kings Island (FOC->Beastie, Plankton's Plunge->Drop Jr., Reptar->Little Flight Deck, ect.) Or, maybe they could even go with something that's already indirectly been mentioned here in this thread, a training grounds for little thrill seekers! Rides could be themed to scientific, lab experiments that have been developed to train children to become future Ride Warriors! They could call it The Warrior Lab or somethign along those lines.

Much as I love HB, I beleieve it has been mentioned in various other places on these forums that the park has a contract to carry Nick through 2011 i think. SDATHC was a seperate licensing deal and only gave the park the rights to use the scooby doo characters. Kids these days are more in tune with Nick than HB..Spongebob is 10 yrs old and still going strong (the cartoon not the ride, which I think has run its course).

My opinion is that Nick will leave with the contract's expiration and H-B will return. There's no reason why CF should pay a hefty sum to Nickelodeon for its license when the H-B license is a sunk cost. Kids may prefer Nickelodeon, but they won't say, "Mommy I don't want to go to Kings Island because the Fairly Odd Coaster is now the Scooby Doo Coaster."

H-B licensing is not a sunk cost. The park does not currently have the necessary license to use H-B to the extent that it does Nick. SDATHC is done through Sally Rides. Scooby and a few other characters are currently under license, but for H-B theming to return to the extent it was in the past, a new agreement would have to be negotiated. The old one has expired.

The one thing I would like to see in the kiddy area, regardless of what theme they choose, is the return of FOC to Beastie, complete with tunnel. It was extremely popular when marketed as a miniature version of The Beast, and I think it would be best for the park to change it back to what it once was. When the kids' area was initially re-themed from HB to Nick, the coaster was left alone. I still don't understand why the park felt the need to re-theme it when the big expansion took place a few years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Ideas for Fairly Odd Coaster...

If it becomes HB Land again, change it to Scooby Doo, the ride's original name from 1972-1979.

If it becomes "Ride Warrior Lab", change it to Beastie. But red-add the tunnel and paint it the same color as the real Beast.

Just some ideas. ;)

To tell you the truth, i can imagine walking into the park either next year or 2011 and seeing Nick U turned into Planet Snoopy. Just think of what they can do with just a little repainting, new fiberglass characters, and names. I can see the avatar getting repainted, Aang removed from the train, and either Snoopy or woodstock being put in its place. Names would probably go from "Avatar" to "snoopy's skateboard" and from "Rugrats runaway reptar" to "The Flying Ace". This brings me to another point, besides Spongebob, all of the cartoons in the area are either now repeats on TV, or not played at all. As much as i can recall, Rugrats hasnt been played in a few years and I havnt seen the Wild Thornberrys since i was 9 years old "and im 16". I also think that CF got the idea for Planet Snoopy from Nick U, even the logos look similar. So, yea it would be great for CF to renew but seeing as all the signs of removal are iminent in Nick U "Fading Paint, the avatar falling off of the ride carrage, clearence sales" i think that Viacom is just jacking up the price waayyyy too much.

was at the park tonight (monday) and I'm sure someone else has already picked up on this and probably has posted- but it doesn't look good for Nick Universe in a post 2009 world. It is only May and the Nick items are already 50% off.

I can only hpoe they do a MUCH better job retheming than they have with TR:TR / Crypt.

IMO. I don't see why they would get rid of Nick. I mean have you ever heard the term if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's not a big issue for the park right now. Alot of kids love Spongebob, Dora, Diego, etc. So you would have to see it from a kids point of what they would enjoy. It would be nice to have Snoppy here but it's not essential. I think Nick U makes KI stand out from the others. Even though I don't think the Nicktoons will be there forever, I don't see them going anytime soon. Now as far as FOC, it was upsetting to see the tunnel gone but seriously. It a kid's ride. Sure it might have made things exciting. It's not like grown people go to Ki expecting to get extreme thrill out of it. What difference does it make?

Actually it IS a big issue for the park and for Cedar Fair. The license is about to expire. By all accounts, Viacom, who owns the licensing rights, wants so much to renew it that it could drastically affect admission prices, in park prices, season pass prices, food prices, profits or some combination thereof. You see, Viacom at one time owned Kings Island and Paramount Parks. When Viacom was split into two units, CBS got the theme parks and Viacom got, among other things, Nick. When Viacom saw how much Cedar Fair paid for Paramount Parks, they no doubt got ideas. Ideas like licensing Nick to Mall of America, very near Valleyfair in Minnesota. Mall of America had had Camp Snoopy and had been managed by...Cedar Fair. The company has since coincidentally put Valleyfair up for sale.

Would you be willing to pay, say, five more dollars per park visit for the Nick licensing rights? I didn't think so. Cedar Fair has a huge debt load. It almost certainly won't be overpaying for license rights from Viacom, or anyone else.

its going to be devistating if nick is out, unless they do a great theming job, and bring in snoopy universe, or hanna barbera land?????

and add more kids rides, its the premier kid facility i feel within 500 miles of cincinnati,

its a great park of its own......

and bring back more rides

and a bounce house: