New Upgrades

skaterboy22101

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the coasters I was on today had some kind of upgrade with new restraints or new seats.Beast and Racer had new seats and new seatbelts that were kind of hard to pull out in some seats.Backlot had new seats and new black lap bars.Vortex had new seats and new restraints.They were more like the restraints from 2 years ago and thankfully not the painful ones from last year.

All of the coasters I was on today had some kind of upgrade with new restraints or new seats.Beast and Racer had new seats and new seatbelts that were kind of hard to pull out in some seats.Backlot had new seats and new black lap bars.Vortex had new seats and new restraints.They were more like the restraints from 2 years ago and thankfully not the painful ones from last year.

Actaly, Vortex's restraints are the same. I even asked the ride op about it. All they did was put this special tape around the restraints.

Actaly, Vortex's restraints are the same. I even asked the ride op about it. All they did was put this special tape around the restraints.

They sure felt different.A lot more comfy.

On Vortex, did they add padding to the seats? I don't remember it and the OTSR felt tighter on my shoulders.

Also, you couldn't help but notice the nice updated orange track on Vortex (yes I know I watched it get painted on the webcam), but did anyone else notice that they didn't repaint the transfer track?

I noticed that Vortex wasn't clattering like I'm used to hearing. Especially in the batwing element, it was always really loud. It is running VERY smooth and quiet now. I even heard a little bit of Arrow roar in the helix!

I noticed that the whole park just seemed like it got freshened up. The only thing that was looking a little sad was Action Zone. Invertigo is in need of fresh paint on the supports, it's looking a little pink, and Drop Tower would benefit from a new coat as well. I'm betting Action Zone will be on next year's list for renewal.

I noticed that Vortex wasn't clattering like I'm used to hearing. Especially in the batwing element, it was always really loud. It is running VERY smooth and quiet now. I even heard a little bit of Arrow roar in the helix!

I noticed that the whole park just seemed like it got freshened up. The only thing that was looking a little sad was Action Zone. Invertigo is in need of fresh paint on the supports, it's looking a little pink, and Drop Tower would benefit from a new coat as well. I'm betting Action Zone will be on next year's list for renewal.

OMG when did you go on it?! it was squeaking up a storm when i was there around 2ish it was unbearable almost!. And you obviously didn't get over to see poor Top Gun.... if any ride were EVER in need of some tender lovin care.... :(

DAY GLOW Orange and BABY Blue on Vortex I hear? Hehehehe. Also, I hear Firehawk looks fresh.

If Firehawk looks fresh it is only because it's turning green again.......

OK so it wasn't just me who noticed that today!! I thought i was loosing my mind!! lol

OMG when did you go on it?! it was squeaking up a storm when i was there around 2ish it was unbearable almost!. And you obviously didn't get over to see poor Top Gun.... if any ride were EVER in need of some tender lovin care.... :(

We rode it at about 3 and it was running beautifully quiet, for an Arrow. The wheels did squeal over the fresh paint, but it wasn't shaking and rattling and sounding like the whole structure was about to collapse like it used to.

I noticed that someone needed to go through the Crypt queue with a shop vac or something. There was still loose change and trash that I can only assume was from last season mixed in with the rocks and skulls. I mean, we were in line for the Crypt around 10:00 AM and it looked like it was mid season in there, not opening day.

I also noticed the new yellow uni's for some of the sweepers. Very bright, but I guess it's a good thing because you'll notice all the hard workers more.

Did anyone else think there was a serious lack of benches in the park? They seemed okay by Diamondback, but not in other places. Especially when we were walking around the old Paramount Story area. What is the Paramount Story area being used for now? I would assume it's being used as a nice relaxing area to get away from the rides, but I didn't see anywhere to sit and relax in there. I hope it was just that their focus was on the DB area for opening day and they still have some things to put out for the rest of the park.

If you see things like a new a new seatbelt here or there it's not a big deal. Things like that are common in winter rehab.

I think they missed a few on The Beast, especially train 3. It was taking 5 minutes or more to get that train out of the station due to seatbelt issues yesterday. Happened every single time when I was in the station. Not sure why they did not just block off that seat?

Guitar Hero Arcade in the two gamerooms.

Also Thrillseekers (I think that's the store name) on main street had Coasterdynamix's Statix Beast train for sale @ $25. I bought one and they had two left. They also had a Dragon or Scorpion model in the front window, but I didn't ask if they sold full sets.

Also Thrillseekers (I think that's the store name) on main street had Coasterdynamix's Statix Beast train for sale @ $25. I bought one and they had two left. They also had a Dragon or Scorpion model in the front window, but I didn't ask if they sold full sets.

They had Beast and Diamondback models at the Diamondback gift shop.

They had Beast and Diamondback models at the Diamondback gift shop.

Do you mean set up models of Beast and DB using Coasterdynamix sets (like the one that used to be at the main entrance to the park), or Statix models of The Beast and Diamondback trains? (I didn't get a chance to go into the DB giftshop.)

I'll be kicking myself if I missed a Statix Diamondback model, since I didn't know they were making one... yet.

The ink rubbed off onto my other hand onto my shirt. They are so messy! I liked the way they did it before with the blacklight sensors.

Haha! My friend wiped his mouth with his right hand. I just didn't have the heart not to tell him about it.

And you obviously didn't get over to see poor Top Gun.... if any ride were EVER in need of some tender lovin care.... :(

To my misfortune, I saw it yesterday. I felt terrible. The park has really let it go. I hope it gets some TLC soon. It deserves it.

I noticed that someone needed to go through the Crypt queue with a shop vac or something. There was still loose change and trash that I can only assume was from last season mixed in with the rocks and skulls. I mean, we were in line for the Crypt around 10:00 AM and it looked like it was mid season in there, not opening day.

I also noticed the new yellow uni's for some of the sweepers. Very bright, but I guess it's a good thing because you'll notice all the hard workers more.

Did anyone else think there was a serious lack of benches in the park? They seemed okay by Diamondback, but not in other places. Especially when we were walking around the old Paramount Story area. What is the Paramount Story area being used for now? I would assume it's being used as a nice relaxing area to get away from the rides, but I didn't see anywhere to sit and relax in there. I hope it was just that their focus was on the DB area for opening day and they still have some things to put out for the rest of the park.

The Crypt looked terrible. None of the scenery had been tweaked or renewed. I think the massive bat monster thing had a dislocated jaw. There was trash all over the place and gum on the catwalk. I noticed all this while the ride was broken down.

There did seem to be a lack of benches. There seemed to be more concrete and wood walls to sit on than benches.

Do you mean set up models of Beast and DB using Coasterdynamix sets (like the one that used to be at the main entrance to the park), or Statix models of The Beast and Diamondback trains? (I didn't get a chance to go into the DB giftshop.)

I'll be kicking myself if I missed a Statix Diamondback model, since I didn't know they were making one... yet.

It was the Statix one (non-moving display-type). I was pretty psyched to see it except that they had the seats going 4 straight across like typical B&M's which was pretty disappointing so I didn't get one.

It was the Statix one (non-moving display-type). I was pretty psyched to see it except that they had the seats going 4 straight across like typical B&M's which was pretty disappointing so I didn't get one.

The restraints on the Diamondback statix model move as well.

Did you notice the new uniforms for the women sweepers?

Those bright yellow uniforms are hidious IMO. I don't mean to offend anyone.

I hate The Racers seats...they were a tight fit and uncomfy.

Yeah, the seats were a really tight fit for my legs. I thought I had grown a lot.

I heard the wheels on Vortex squealling (sp?) in the batwing. It didn't sounbd good.