New Upgrades

skaterboy22101

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the coasters I was on today had some kind of upgrade with new restraints or new seats.Beast and Racer had new seats and new seatbelts that were kind of hard to pull out in some seats.Backlot had new seats and new black lap bars.Vortex had new seats and new restraints.They were more like the restraints from 2 years ago and thankfully not the painful ones from last year.

Speaking of new restraints, did anyone notice that Delirium seems to be halfway through replacing the restraints?

i noticed something odd. on SOB one of the two trains (im wanting to say it was the red train) was missing its logo on the front of the train. the other one had it though. Im also happy, because i got stuck on its lift hill saturday too! apparently one of the seats restraints in an empty seat wasnt down enough, they had to have some ride op and a few maintenance people go all the way up the hill to just push it down... and yes, i saw the yellow jumpsuit ladies everywhere, especially around the coney mall area.

Yeah Firehawk needs a touch up in some spots as well its turning green on the first drop.

When I was at the park on Saturday, I noticed huge streaks on green along the track, expecially on the first drop.

My friend and I noticed those on Saturday while in line for The Racer. What could be causing that? o.O

Yeah Firehawk needs a touch up in some spots as well its turning green on the first drop.

When I was at the park on Saturday, I noticed huge streaks on green along the track, expecially on the first drop.

My friend and I noticed those on Saturday while in line for The Racer. What could be causing that? o.O

X-Flight was green.

X-Flight was green.

Oh, I didn't know that. I guess you learn something new every day, right? Thanks :P

and yes, i saw the yellow jumpsuit ladies everywhere, especially around the coney mall area.

Well, I did notice one in between Vortex and BLSC, but I thought they just veered off course!? However, yikes!!...I'm sorry, but even for $30 an hour I wouldn't work in that uniform!! I couldn't honestly bare to make eye-contact with any of those people because those uniforms are preposterous and it's too awkward!! I mean, anyone think that wearing those uniforms doing those jobs is like the entry-level position when arriving in hell?!

and yes, i saw the yellow jumpsuit ladies everywhere, especially around the coney mall area.

Well, I did notice one in between Vortex and BLSC, but I thought they just veered off course!? However, yikes!!...I'm sorry, but even for $30 an hour I wouldn't work in that uniform!! I couldn't honestly bare to make eye-contact with any of those people because those uniforms are preposterous and it's too awkward!! I mean, anyone think that wearing those uniforms doing those jobs is like the entry-level position when arriving in hell?!

Were they really that bad? For $30 an hour i'd wear a tutu to work. I'm sure these new uniforms can't really be as bad as they're being made out to be.

^^No...they're that bad!! It's like wearing a cartoon custome, and the shorts are really short and only go down mid-thigh! Like I said, I can't believe my eyes when I see them...if I was dreaming or not sober then fine, but I think I was really there in person when I saw them!?

From what I have seen and heard here, you used the right word. Others would say they couldn't bear to work in those, but apparently you do have to bare to work in those. Sad. Just sad. Then again, this is the same company that virtually insists most ride ops work in shorts. And that until not all that long ago, had single sex crews at Cedar Point.

I noticed major upgrades to Rivertown. Including the new pavers, the nice wooden fences that make Rivertown feel like it's own area now. I noticed that The Crypt had some cool new creepy music in the line, but still the same boring howling wind in the ride chamber. I also noticed they were playing the Indiana Jones music in the station of AE again. A few times last season they didn't have it on....

I think people need to stop focusing so much on the bad of the park, because I thought almost everything looked pretty good (except Firehawk and Flightdeck.) The landscaping looked awesome so far, even though I'm sure a lot of it hasn't come in yet. I also bought a 46 ounce Diamondback souvenir cup! and it's still only 2 dollars to fill it!

This is the start of what I think is going to be an awesome season at Kings Island. The park is looking great!

Guest TombraiderTy

Most of it has already been mentioned, but everything I saw on opening day:

-New Test of Strength game in Coney Mall

-Diamondback

-Brick pathway around Diamondback, Rivertown Junction Dining Hall, and The Beast

-DB Trading Post

-Taste of Belgium replacing Fontana Bistro

-Several signs in Action Zone's center have been moved around

-Fudge and Fun has been renamed Coney Confections

-The Glassblower has returned

-WINGS Diner is now known as Rivertown Junction Dining Hall

-The Crypt's queue is now moved around, along with the sign

-There's a Guitar Hero arcade game inside one of the Coney Mall arcades :lol:

-The International Street Fudge and Candy shop was repainted

-Female pathway cleaners had new uniforms

-Stilt walkers and jugglers were present during the day through-out the park

-The Laser Dome has beeen removed

-The rails inside Flight Commander's waiting queue have been removed (interesting one here)

-Vortex's rails have been repainted

-Nickelodeon Theater renamed Putz HQ

-A Mini Cooper was placed outside Kings Island Theater as a photo-op

-Freshly laid cement outside White Water Canyon. I'd assume it's for one of those "Human Dryers"

-The Crypt's Demon-Bat was in a new position, one between its wings being fully extended and being closed

-Diamondback train models for sale

-New music on The Crypt, if I'm not mistaken

-The price for a drinks wristband has been raised and they've been made available to all park guests

-There's a new display inside the International Restaurant entrance

Guest TombraiderTy

^^I didn't see any of the hand-dryers, actually.

Forgot a few things:

-The Spike statue outside Runaway Reptar has been returned this year

-New Tower Drinks sign

-New signs on International Restaurant

-New Beast sign

-New cotton candy sign at Krusty Krab Snack Shack, if I'm not mistaken

-"Snake Pit" food stand in Rivertown (although it was already present before, under a different name)

Forgot one more...

-New wait time signs were all around the park

DAY GLOW Orange and BABY Blue on Vortex I hear? Hehehehe. Also, I hear Firehawk looks fresh.

If Firehawk looks fresh it is only because it's turning green again.......

I don't think its turning green again it looks like its being sandblasted or something because I noticed that some parts of the track look like they were re-painted but I might be wrong I rode it at like 10 o'clock.

where I bowl in a regular league, they have hand dryers in the restrooms called 'Xcelerators' (brand name). Needless to say they operate much like the ones you'd find at a car wash like Mike's Express..they dry your hands in about 10 seconds flat. i'm sure this is because thealley doesn't want people with wet, slippery hands walking or running with bowling balls all over the alley, since it tends to lead to lawsuits! I really wish in the future that KI would build another set or two of restrooms, esp in the coney mall area..it could really use another set!