New Upgrades

skaterboy22101

I noticed that Vortex wasn't clattering like I'm used to hearing. Especially in the batwing element, it was always really loud. It is running VERY smooth and quiet now. I even heard a little bit of Arrow roar in the helix!

I noticed that the whole park just seemed like it got freshened up. The only thing that was looking a little sad was Action Zone. Invertigo is in need of fresh paint on the supports, it's looking a little pink, and Drop Tower would benefit from a new coat as well. I'm betting Action Zone will be on next year's list for renewal.

OMG when did you go on it?! it was squeaking up a storm when i was there around 2ish it was unbearable almost!. And you obviously didn't get over to see poor Top Gun.... if any ride were EVER in need of some tender lovin care.... :(

We rode it at about 3 and it was running beautifully quiet, for an Arrow. The wheels did squeal over the fresh paint, but it wasn't shaking and rattling and sounding like the whole structure was about to collapse like it used to.

You're right about the fresh paint, but i believe they also put new wheels on because i noticed they were more white (new wheel color) along the edges and the rims were brighter silver with fresh blue grease

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed some things:

-park maps are handed out by an associate, not available in a dispenser rack;

-The Beast flies through the MCBR; doesn't seem to slow down much at all!

-more speakers throughout the park, playing loud, classic rock everywhere;

-no water at all at the end of BLSC;

-no water at all in Tower Gardens (maybe a seasonal thing)

-seatbelts on SR&R (don't think I've noticed that before)

That's about all...

I saw and heard a few things that I really liked. There are signs at the rides that show how long the estimated waiting time is. I love those. They have had them at Cedar Point for awhile and I was jealous. I also heard a lot of good music. Heard some Beatles, David Bowie, an AC/DC song. Why was the big flower clock and the flower Eiffel Tower thing not ready? Is that because it's just too early?

I noticed some things:

-park maps are handed out by an associate, not available in a dispenser rack;

-The Beast flies through the MCBR; doesn't seem to slow down much at all!

-more speakers throughout the park, playing loud, classic rock everywhere;

-no water at all at the end of BLSC;

-no water at all in Tower Gardens (maybe a seasonal thing)

-seatbelts on SR&R (don't think I've noticed that before)

That's about all...

BLSC looks terrible without the water in the splashdown, how hard is it to fill that thing honestly. Hopefully they'll have it full by weekly operation.

I'm probably just imagining things, but FOF felt a little rickety...I don't remember all the rattling and banging, but that's probably just me...It also felt faster, but I'm sure that's from not riding for 3 months.

I also can't believe no one's mentioned the new track on The Beast...I rode a little after 10 and it was heavenly. When I rode it in the evening, I made the mistake of riding over a wheel, there were so many people I just jumped in, but even though it was rougher it wasn't unbearable. KI did a good job on that one.

I dont think this is an upgrade but did anyone notice that the TV,s in most lines were gone? Like in Vortexs line,they were gone,and in line for Th Beast they were gone except for the 2 in the station and Adventure Express' line too. Are they getting new ones, or cleaning them like they needed to? :)

I dont think this is an upgrade but did anyone notice that the TV,s in most lines were gone? Like in Vortexs line,they were gone,and in line for Th Beast they were gone except for the 2 in the station and Adventure Express' line too. Are they getting new ones, or cleaning them like they needed to? :)

Maybe they will put flat screens on all the major attraction's queues. That would be pretty cool. Or they could just be taking them out since half of them hardly worked anyway.

Guest TombraiderTy

I would hope that they add new flat-screen TVs to several queues. They could display a variety of media on them- music videos, POVs, advertisements, YouTube videos (it'd be creative), ect.

Truly. Last year, Cedar Fair announced an in park advertisement contract similar to the one Six Flags has. At Six Flags, you can't walk sideways without running into an ad for GEICO, Starburst, Oscar Myer wieners, etc. I guess you need to be careful what you wish for, though ads do at least theoretically cover some costs that would otherwise be passed on to the customers.

Guest TombraiderTy

^Advertising can also be well hidden or blended into the scenery. For example, Coca-Cola does a fantastic job advertising at Disney parks. All their advertisements fit the theme of the area they're displayed. In Disney's Animal Kingdom's Asia section, Coca-Cola advertisements are written in the language of the area they're supposedly located. They're also faded, giving them a more vintage appearance. The same idea could be used through-out Kings Island, taking away costs that consumers would pay otherwise.

and smoother! The retracking made all the difference. That's the first time in a long time I've noticed the fun in the helix rather than thinking about the crap getting beat out of me...It seriously changed my perspective of the ride, in the past I thought of it as kind of an old has been, "it used to be good, but now it's rough and old". This time I got off thrilled and very impressed, I can only imagine it without brakes...

where I bowl in a regular league, they have hand dryers in the restrooms called 'Xcelerators' (brand name). Needless to say they operate much like the ones you'd find at a car wash like Mike's Express..they dry your hands in about 10 seconds flat. i'm sure this is because thealley doesn't want people with wet, slippery hands walking or running with bowling balls all over the alley, since it tends to lead to lawsuits! I really wish in the future that KI would build another set or two of restrooms, esp in the coney mall area..it could really use another set!

Fricker's has those dryers and while you're using them, you can see your skin ripple. Very strong dryers, and probably the best I've used.

where I bowl in a regular league, they have hand dryers in the restrooms called 'Xcelerators' (brand name). Needless to say they operate much like the ones you'd find at a car wash like Mike's Express..they dry your hands in about 10 seconds flat. i'm sure this is because thealley doesn't want people with wet, slippery hands walking or running with bowling balls all over the alley, since it tends to lead to lawsuits! I really wish in the future that KI would build another set or two of restrooms, esp in the coney mall area..it could really use another set!

Fricker's has those dryers and while you're using them, you can see your skin ripple. Very strong dryers, and probably the best I've used.

I hate them. For me, they hurt.

Flume is in major need of some work too, half the boats are sinking.

Sinking boats? I'll stay away! :lol:;)

I love the Xcelrator dryers. They have those at Regal Cinemas in Mason. The first time I saw the Dysons in person were at the park on Saturday, but I had seen them in a Dyson commercial on tv before. Mrs. Gator reported that in the women's restrooms, some people were looking for hand dryers or towels because they thought the Dyson dryers were seats to put your babies in! :lol:

I saw some things that make me suspect that Nick will be gone next year...

While I’m on the topic of Nick U, let me indulge my inner conspiracy theorist. Has the “de-Nicking” of the park begun? I suspect it has. There were four things I noticed that make me think this:

1. Marty’s Party – a totally separate show that has no affiliation with Nickelodeon.

2. Swiper’s Sweepers – the Swiper statue was gone from the middle of the ride

3. The Breakfast with the Characters banner at the front gate – What character is shown? It’s not a Nick character…it’s Scooby! Could HB be making a return next year?

And the biggest clue of all…..

4. The sign in the window at Nickelodeon Store – 50% off all Nickelodeon merchandise! Why else would they offer such a deep discount?

Let the 2010 rumors begin…

I also saw some automated ticket kiosks at the old season pass gate:

On our way out, being the old Admissions geek that I am, I had to get a closer look at something we spotted on our way out for lunch. At the old season pass gate there were a couple of automated ticket kiosk machines. We had looked into these way back around ’02 or ’03, and it was nice to see them there. They were clearly marked “No Discounts” and there were two buttons on the screen at that time of day, for the Twilight ticket and the Pay Once Visit Twice ticket.

As far as the new Ecology uniforms, they reminded me of the leiderhosen I had to wear while working at Bier Gardens years ago, only yellow instead of green.