PTR for Opening Day! :) {photos}

StalkerChick

OK. I'm gonna join the masses... lol and apologize for my brief Hibernation. Yall will wish i was back on it soon enough ;) and i will also apologize for the pics.... as they were taken on my cell phone... which is still a little behind the times

Ok so got a little later start then i wanted to but still got to the park shortly after 8, so most the mass crowd was already through (including most of our group)

i'm really starting to get used to this skyline : )

d1.jpg

The snake of busses. they're so witty

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

After picking up our regular everyday tickets at Will-Call (I know i fail) We headed in to play cell phone tag on trying to find the rest of our group in the masses! Fortunately I was with a tall person so it wasn't too bad. then we find out, that they were all here even earlier than they planned to get season passes (fie on them!) but we figured we'd chill with them, and then hey, we'd be right at the front come 10 right?! So we joined the mob outside nick universe right by Graeters

Front of the crowd to my spot at approx 8:27 am lol

d4.jpg

me, randy and cat-2 of my partners in crime (at least the ones without the season passes), with the massive "line" still well behind us

d5.jpg

So we at least met some pretty cool other destitute non-passholders to chill with, and heckle (read trying to bribe) the security guard with. lol texting the others in line, as they're telling us it will be hours before even they get on, and they got in line at 9:19 Verizon time. Altho i did have time to get a Cinnabon and carmel iced coffee... and was promptly very depressed with the quality :( I'll allow the crappy service to noobs. i've been there.

Anyways fast forward to 10:02 not o clock but :02 before they move the gates for us unimportant people. And here is where i make the stupidest mistake of my life! I went with the flow.... (instead of going where my gut told me, and which was to head towards the ride...) so here i go through Nickelodeon.... and out of Nick.... to and past the Eiffel Tower... down to the clock. make a right. Reminisce on CornStalkers from 2 years ago (enjoy that visual of the small fire Uncle Henry lol) Into rivertown, (all the while being giddy and trying not to run into ppl as i'm staring/drooling) and into rivertown towards The Beast, past splashdown. stopping admiring splashdown (Cool!) underneath past Crypt (and yes i called it Crypt-its a totally different ride, and as far as i'm concerned i hate it now. i dont do flippy things) and towards the train right to the corner..... and what do i see around said corner....

Yup the entrance to Diamondback.... LOL so me being the nutjob I am on 3 hours of sleep (if that) asks the poor schmuck directing traffic into the line what the EWT is... which he looks down the line, too the entrance... down the line... at me... and goes "6 hours" mind you my gold pass friends were almost to the entrance an hour later and they started out by the Eiffel Tower ( we figured 3 hours wait max but it doesnt hurt to ask) In which case (this totally made me feel horrible and have to apologize 5 minutes later!) I looked at him gave me the "mommy finger" and said "You are so full of crap!" chuckled and got in line. And promptly tried to figure out which support i hugged on closing day last year.

First hill *squee*

d6.jpg

Ok, so when the wind picks up you can get a mist on the side, and it was amazing :)

d7.jpg

making great time, get up to the Eiffel Tower, run into Kit and Karen, stop and talk with them for awhile. Then see Jackson and Trooper Mom, say Hi, don't think he recognized me lol talked to Diego who was roaming the line.... and finally!!

*Trumpet Fanfare*

d8.jpg

not even 2 hours at this point. it was amazing! and annoying every time i found a place to sit, i was up again lol. Debating taking out 3 some into single rider line, but they only had 2 passes (boo) ran into some Haunt friends in line, so it was all totally worth it. and finally got up the stairs to the station.

Row 2 left side! (which is supposedly the seat of God's on Behemouth but thats neither here nor there) but I honestly think this may become my permanent seat!! It offers great views (except if your afraid of heights going up the surprisingly quiet lift hill) never once felt like i was getting hurtled outta my seat, but had THEE greatest air time for a front seat!! and the G's were pure perfectness : ) I have never been more in Love.... I think it seriously just made my #1 spot.... (Not that i'm as well travelled as some of the rest of you)

New love <3

d12.jpg

and of course the greatest shirts ever! lol with our other partner in crime andy

d10.jpg

while we're waiting in line for Drop Zone

d9.jpg

Then headed over to Vortex (which sadly got bumped down my list, and was kinda upsetting after DB) and talked to Bavarian and his boys. who cracked me up!! They really are great!!! and we need to find the youngest one some taller shoes!! ;) decided to go try the bowling game, Andy won, i blew $3 lol and then hit Firehawk. (90 minute wait time ugh!) but enjoyed watching my friend Don eyeing the girls with his creepy colored contacts that rival Danes! (if anyone saw him, they'd know lol) Then it was time to head home at 5 but i got all my favorites in!!! (except for Italian job and top gun, but the lines were way too long) but Parrots of the Carribean music wasn't half bad!!! I enjoyed them as i walked down I-Street to the parking lot. It was a pretty good day! minus the slight sunburn....

and yes i realize now this is really long and detailed... and i'm still exhausted and almost up 24 hours now.... too much adrenaline haha

Good report there moley mole. I'm somewhere in that first picture of the crowd you have there to the left toward that purple tent-looking thing (I think they do face painting there). Good times. DB was so great. I need to get a night ride on it.

lol i'm totally there with you!!!

lol, your friend sitting next to you looks freaked out.

LOL she totally was! that and the guy 4 rows back was with us too and both of them after an hour wait... were looking at me going "really... do we HAVE to wait in this line?" lol the whole time up the hill she was grabbing the metal separator almost doing Lamaze breathing! lol

d8.jpg

Pretty sure that's me.. unless that guy just looks exactly like me from behind and happened to also be wearing a black t-shirt.

LOL nice!! were you in line at oh about 10pm... lol thats when we got in the line back by the train :P actually i think it was 10:12 or something of the likes. rode about 12:30ish?