Something I noticed

flightoffear1996

That area of Cony Mall is just dead. I was sitting there last night waiting for friends. It felt more like an slowly dying amusement park than a thriving midway. Hell, the biggest attraction over there was the designated smoking area! Something new needs to go in there. Something to attract the masses. Something to take up the space of that building and freakin' EuroBungie.

A Eurobungy in which they were charging $10 per jump, had it been open. By comparison, Coney`s Eurobungy Dome only costs $6 per jump, and $5 for members and those that have a rides wristband.

Seriously! $10 is highway robbery. No wonder it's deserted.

Did they add lights on top of all the buildings on I Street? Or have I missed something for a long time?

They moved a shaved Ice stall right next to the Crypt, from Boomerang Bay. Delirium didn't get new seats like I was hoping it would, so about half of the seats are new, half old. Top Gun was bumpy, the same with Adventure Express. All of the attention is on Diamondback, Vortex, and The Beast this year. And a new giant snake is in the middle of Rivertown!

I noticed Flight Deck looks worse than ever, and it had a line, first time I've ever seen it with a line, it was fairly long too. The SOB transfer station structure is also very rusted up. They need to replace the bolts with a higher grade that won't rust and paint the steel. So standing in line for SOB, you see the horrible looking Flight Deck and a rusted up transfer station structure, makes it look like the park doesn't take care of their rides.

Edit: For some reason I called Flight Deck, Top Flight :unsure:

Do you guys think the park will open a new ride in the parks 40th anniversary year? that would be cool for 2012...

Yes, I really do think something new will be added, unless one of a couple things happen.

First off, we may get a new ride (another roller coaster or thrill ride) in two years, so that would be 2011. If so, I doubt we'll see a new ride in 2012, unless it is a small flat.

Or, something REALLY bad could happen with the economy or CF's money situation, so nothing new would be added.

I reall hope the latter of the two happen, but you just never know. Also, if we get another descent sized coaster for 2011, then that mean that by the time KI closes at the end of this season, we may be seeing preliminary things happen, like trees being removed. Remember, it was the end of 2007 when stuff for DB started to hppen.

Something else I noticed yesterday while appeasing Miss Rae on a ride on White Water Canyon. They have cut down trees and cleared the vegetation between the train and the WWC platform with the exception of a few evergreen trees with the branches trimmed way up the tree. Also on the other side of the track they cut down all/most of the tress between the train and the picnic grove. I was amazed that on WWC loading platform you can see almost the whole picnic grove with nothing in between to buffer, WWC will feel odd in the open like that and in a way lose some of its wooded river ride feel. you'll see what i mean the next time you ride, I just wished i had took a picture of it.

I noticed top flight looks worse than ever, and it had a line, first time I've ever seen it with a line, it was fairly long too. The SOB transfer station structure is also very rusted up. They need to replace the bolts with a higher grade that won't rust and paint the steel. So standing in line for SOB, you see the horrible looking Top Flight and a rusted up transfer station structure, makes it look like the park doesn't take care of their rides.

Ok, um, i think you mean Flight Deck or formerly Top Gun, or i guess you could combine...lol

I don't know if anyone noticed about all the big heads and maintenence workers standing around the footers that is holding Diamondback's first helix, and near the brake block. Seemed like they were concerned about the bolts that were attached near the footer that is directly in the middle of the helix, and the footer for the end of the block brake.

Something else I noticed yesterday while appeasing Miss Rae on a ride on White Water Canyon. They have cut down trees and cleared the vegetation between the train and the WWC platform with the exception of a few evergreen trees with the branches trimmed way up the tree. Also on the other side of the track they cut down all/most of the tress between the train and the picnic grove. I was amazed that on WWC loading platform you can see almost the whole picnic grove with nothing in between to buffer, WWC will feel odd in the open like that and in a way lose some of its wooded river ride feel. you'll see what i mean the next time you ride, I just wished i had took a picture of it.

Wow, they're starting early on clearing out trees for the next ride! We must be getting something REALLY BIG in two years, or something next year. :lol::P . That would be sooo cool!!! :)

I don't know if anyone noticed about all the big heads and maintenence workers standing around the footers that is holding Diamondback's first helix, and near the brake block. Seemed like they were concerned about the bolts that were attached near the footer that is directly in the middle of the helix, and the footer for the end of the block brake.

If there was a concern about the bolts and the ride structure being held in place, then the ride would not have been running. They wouldn't risk the safety of the riders.

I noticed top flight looks worse than ever, and it had a line, first time I've ever seen it with a line, it was fairly long too. The SOB transfer station structure is also very rusted up. They need to replace the bolts with a higher grade that won't rust and paint the steel. So standing in line for SOB, you see the horrible looking Top Flight and a rusted up transfer station structure, makes it look like the park doesn't take care of their rides.

Ok, um, i think you mean Flight Deck or formerly Top Gun, or i guess you could combine...lol

lol, the wife has had me working too hard this weekend, I am tired. ;)

This really upsets me, and I'm going to have to investigate further next time I go...which I believe would be Friday!

I'm just more concerned about people who only have 3 posts trying to drum up some fear info to get attention. :angry:

I'm just more concerned about people who only have 3 posts trying to drum up some fear info to get attention. :angry:

Or perhaps they just jumped to the wrong conclusion.